Forums

Topic: Recent Retro/Misc Gaming Purchases? (Not PS4/PS5)

Posts 1,401 to 1,415 of 1,415

AgentCooper

@LN78 Oh wow, I loved Blue Stinger. I really miss my Dreamcast

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

AgentCooper

Started picking up some physical titles again recently and seems I’ve well truly been bitten by the bug.

Today my PS3 has been treated to Dead Space and Enslaved: Odyssey to the West, the lucky thing..

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

LtSarge

Just bought Everspace on Series X. I've been wanting to play this series as I've heard great things about the second game when it was added on Game Pass. So when I saw that the first one was discounted, I just had to get it. Spaceship RPG/looter shooter just sounds like a very fun formula. If the first game appeals to me, then I might also buy the sequel.

LtSarge

LtSarge

So a while back, I played Professor Layton and Pandora's Box and was really frustrated by it that I said I wouldn't play more of this series. Shortly after that post, I decided to give the game another chance and I started liking it a bit more. There was a really cool puzzle which you had to solve by using the instruction booklet that came with the game and that convinced me to keep playing it.

Anyway, so my interest for this series has been renewed and as a result, I decided to order more titles as they just arrived at an online retailer that sells second-hand games. So I ordered Professor Layton and the Lost Future on DS as well as Professor Layton and the Azran Legacy on 3DS. So now I have all games except for the fourth title Spectre's Call. Very much looking forward to keep playing through these games, especially since I've heard great things about Lost Future.

I also decided to order some racing games while I was at it since I'm playing Dirt 2 now and absolutely loving it that I want more racing titles. So I got Racedriver Grid: Reloaded on 360 as well as Need for Speed: Unbound on Series X, which were both around €10 each. I played a later entry in the Grid series and had a blast with it. Since it shares the same developer, Codemasters, as the Dirt franchise, it doesn't surprise me that these games are also very fun to play. I absolutely love Codemasters now! And I just had to get Unbound for €10. Not as big of a fan of NFS but I think I'm getting there.

LtSarge

colonelkilgore

So… less than a full month in, I’ve already made my 2024 resolution to clear my PS3 backlog quite a bit more difficult. I picked up Tales of Xillia last Friday and just ordered a copy of Sonic Generations tonight.

I ain’t played a Sonic game since Sonic 2 but having had a good deal on Sonic Frontiers the other day, I couldn’t help but get a little curious as to whether there was ever a consensus-decided better 3d Sonic game than Frontiers and there turned out there was… with a still achievable platinum on PS3. Too hard to resist!

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

LN78

@colonelkilgore How is your PS3 console itself holding up? Do you have a Foreman or a slim? I'm starting to get a little bit wary of using mine because I don't want the disc drive to crap out on me.

Edited on by LN78

LN78

colonelkilgore

@LN78 so I still have my phat standing proud as a monument to console-beauty, next to my gaming chair (been dead as a door-nail since 2013) but picked up a George that same year and it seems to be doing alright… touch wood. I’m just hoping that I can get another year out of the old-fella (okay… maybe 18 months) and then it can retire to the pantheon-shelf with its infinitely more attractive brethren.

Edited on by colonelkilgore

**** DLC!

LN78

@colonelkilgore I'm thinking of putting my OG 60GB into storage and buying a slim (or even a super slim carbuncle) for the retro setup. The disadvantage would be having no easy access to my PS2 library.

LN78

colonelkilgore

@LN78 sensible buddy… you can always pick up a cheap PS2 for that if you need to. I’m actually thinking of picking up an extra PS3 (& PS4) just to keep myself right in case of… well issues that tend to arise. I know I can play PS4 games on my PS5 but I like to use it frugally as I know I’ll still be clearing my PS5 backlog by the PS7 😅

**** DLC!

LN78

@colonelkilgore In all fairness, I've never had a Sony console brick on me but better safe than sorry.

LN78

LtSarge

Just ordered Bayonetta Origins and Pikmin 4 for €20 and €45 respectively. Finally found Origins for a good price and I also saw that the retailer had discounted Pikmin 4 a bit. I don't think I'll find the games for much cheaper than this, especially Pikmin 4 since first-party titles rarely get below €40. Anyway, looking forward to playing both. I've heard that Origins is criminally underrated and went under a lot of people's radar last year. So it'll be interesting to see what I'll think of it.

LtSarge

xeofate

I don't really play poker but I picked up that Balatro game for the steam deck. Seems to be getting glowing praise all round. Only cost 12 euro so can't go wrong really...it's on you PushSquare if I end up addicted to this game

xeofate

colonelkilgore

So I have once again, not followed my own advice… and added yet another game to my ps3 backlog. Been loving the look of Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 and heard really good things about the original… so just saw it in CeX for a fiver and nabbed it.

**** DLC!

LN78

Really happy with this total bargain - £3.00!!!
Untitled

LN78

LtSarge

Just pre-ordered Paper Mario: The Thousand-Year Door on Switch. Super stoked for this game!

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic