Forums

Topic: Dualshock 4 custom LED covers

Posts 1 to 20 of 33

Scollurio

Hey folks. Im trying a first batch of self-adhesive covers for the LED light bar on the Dualshock 4. I can easily produce "blind" ones for a little penny but I want to produce custom-printed covers with images, pictures labels. Please note that the first batch pictured below uses all kinds of imagery that are copyrighted material and thus will not be resold, it's only meant as a test to see how they come out and are for my private, personal use only. Please do not take this post as a way of advertising my business, Im merely a member of this community and want to contribute.

If interest arises I could provide custom made (i.e. your images, logos, etc...) covers for cost price. Furthermore if things work out as I hope Ill provide a full batch (24 or so) of those covers featuring the push square logo for free to the nice people running this page!

1689625_723939077626071_1488096252_n.jpg

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

PSN: Scollurio | Twitter:

Scollurio

I was thinking about something like this for quite a while really. I don't think that it's worthwhile selling those en masse on ebay or something, but Ill provide my friends and this page with the designs if they so wish. I hope you don't mind this post (as Im going to bribe you folks with those pushquare ones).

#supportindies
Top 5 Indies I'd recommend you try: #1 Lovecraft's Untold Stories, #2 Moonlighter, #3 Hotline Miami, #4 Inside, #5 Into the Breach.

CrimsonKatana

I'm looking for a cool custom controller to use haha btw check out my new forum!

Hail to the king baby!

PSN: CG-CrimsonKatana

Scollurio

Ok im impatient and couldn't wait. So I finished them today. I used a special vinyl that adheres to the controller without any sticky stuff. It can easily be removed and it's also really sturdy so you won't completely waste the edges if you're peeling it off the controller again. I will have to rework the cut-contours a little bit and need a much calmer hand applying those, but for a first try I think they look fancy!

1555373_723956484290997_1629851040_n.jpg

#supportindies

get2sammyb
Scollurio

I was thinking about something like this for quite a while really. I don't think that it's worthwhile selling those en masse on ebay or something, but Ill provide my friends and this page with the designs if they so wish. I hope you don't mind this post (as Im going to bribe you folks with those pushquare ones).

S'all good, sir!

EDIT: They look amazing.

ZeD
Scollurio

Ok im impatient and couldn't wait. So I finished them today. I used a special vinyl that adheres to the controller without any sticky stuff. It can easily be removed and it's also really sturdy so you won't completely waste the edges if you're peeling it off the controller again. I will have to rework the cut-contours a little bit and need a much calmer hand applying those, but for a first try I think they look fancy!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ … 1040_n.jpg

These
Are
Amazing!

The PushSquare ones look fantastic.

ZeD

PSN: KratosRisesAgain | Twitter:

Scollurio

@get2sammyb If you hook me up with a postal address, Ill send a batch of the push square ones your way as soon as I smoothed out the cutting contour!
PS: mail me scollurio(AT)omeganet.at

#supportindies

Placebo

These are looking really nice, great job! Would be very interested in some with this logo:

1.648815FC_Sheffield_Wednesday__80_s_logo_.jpg with the blue part being the cutout of course, it's the Owl logo for the football team I support Sheffield Wednesday, if you could do some of those delivered to me in Sweden please let me know how much? Thanks in advance!

Placebo

Scollurio

Fixed!
Still need a hand that's a bit more calm...
Good thing is you can easily remove and re-apply them multiple times without destroying them!

1620849_724012944285351_1614716823_n.jpg

#supportindies

KALofKRYPTON

@Scollurio

Could you do 'descrete' versions? As in, keeping the light bar mostly visible?

I'd love an outline Superman shield!

PSN: KALofKRYPTON (so you can see how often I don't play anything!)

Twitter: @KALofKRYPTON (at your own risk, I don't care if you're offended)

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Scollurio
KALofKRYPTON

@Scollurio

Sure can.

The thing is, I can make those things on a sheet by sheet basis, I can fit 24 on one sheet. So if you all just email me to scollurio(at)omeganet.at with your request and/or file (like that football logo) Ill fill the sheets and produce them once they are full. Then we just would need to figure something out about the shipping. I'd make 2 of each design for each request and only charge you shipping. Allright with that?

#supportindies

Epic

This most be considered a work of art O-O
I think you could make a bit of money with these if you start selling them on Amazon or eBay.

PSN: Epic-ZX

PSN: Epic-ZX

KALofKRYPTON
Scollurio
KALofKRYPTON

@Scollurio

Sure can.

The thing is, I can make those things on a sheet by sheet basis, I can fit 24 on one sheet. So if you all just email me to scollurio(at)omeganet.at with your request and/or file (like that football logo) Ill fill the sheets and produce them once they are full. Then we just would need to figure something out about the shipping. I'd make 2 of each design for each request and only charge you shipping. Allright with that?

That's more than generous! I'll root around for something clean looking. Would you prefer a png?

"Fate: Protects fools, little children, and ships named Enterprise." - Cmdr William T. Riker

Placebo
Scollurio

Sure can.

Personally I'd be interested in a sheet of 24! I'll drop you an email in the morning

Placebo

Scollurio
KALofKRYPTON
Scollurio
KALofKRYPTON

@Scollurio

Sure can.

That's more than generous! I'll root around for something clean looking. Would you prefer a png?

Sure, just make sure its high resolution, the bigger/better the picture, the better the result.
And if you can't find a clean one, just send me normal one and Ill edit out the colors! No worries.

#supportindies

KALofKRYPTON
Scollurio
KALofKRYPTON
Scollurio

Sure can.

Sure, just make sure its high resolution, the bigger/better the picture, the better the result.
And if you can't find a clean one, just send me normal one and Ill edit out the colors! No worries.

I emailed a wallpaper of the Enterprise D, looks like the ship might scale nicely in to the light bar shape and maybe even leave enough light to still register with the camera.

Let me know if you don't get the mail.

Scollurio

Oh yes and one more thing, again, here's the specifications of the covers.
Made from adhesive-free vinyl (it sticks tightly, can be removed without destroying the cover or leaving any marks or glue-residue on the DS4) .
Since the original intention of all this was to reduce LED-glare in the TV you will be happy to know that besides making a really nice decoration it also diffuses the light, its still nicely visible on the controller (even in daylight) but it reduces the glare in the TV by about 80% (depending on how much black area there is on the cover). If you want a FULL BLOCK blind cover, let me know, I can also produce those, but they will not have any design.

#supportindies

KALofKRYPTON
Scollurio

Oh yes and one more thing, again, here's the specifications of the covers.
Made from adhesive-free vinyl (it sticks tightly, can be removed without destroying the cover or leaving any marks or glue-residue on the DS4) .
Since the original intention of all this was to reduce LED-glare in the TV you will be happy to know that besides making a really nice decoration it also diffuses the light, its still nicely visible on the controller (even in daylight) but it reduces the glare in the TV by about 80% (depending on how much black area there is on the cover). If you want a FULL BLOCK blind cover, let me know, I can also produce those, but they will not have any design.

Cool. I'd like to keep the functionality if possible. I have no glare issues with my Bravia, but as I have two DS4s it's not a problem if I need the light bar.

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.