Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 5,661 to 5,667 of 5,667

Yousef-

@Th3solution alright, you may wanna pardon me for my sudden tanget. But your FPS comment has made me ponder and realize a few things. One of them was the likelihood you have likely missed out on one of the worst and ugliest eras in gaming, the post-2007 era of FPS games.

Now the golden age of FPS is actually shocking easy to summarize, you have Doom, Half-Life, Quake, Unreal Tourney, Deus Ex, Wolfenstein, System Shock, Shadowman… I can go on. But you get the idea.

Now brace yourself for the funny part; those don’t really matter in the context of what I’m about to say. The golden age was, well, golden. The dark ages though? Well, let’s just say you have likely missed out on horrific demonization and infantilization of foreign cultures. When I was younger, I loved battlefield 3. Now that I’m more mature and sophisticated (so sophisticated in fact, my favorite ps2 platformer is ape escape 3), revisiting battlefield 3 and hearing the dialogue makes my skin crawl. This sadly extended to some non-FPS games like a few mid-2000s one splinter cell game, though forgot which one and frankly I’m not overly interested. It’s best to let some games buried.

From the sound of it you played the good ones doe. Might I recommend Serious Sam 4? Careful, it’s a very serious game!

CLICK FOR PUSH SQUARE CLUB TITLE LIST VOTES, JOIN US!
We are playing ⚔️ Child of Light. ⚔️

KidRyan

I'm juggling my free time right now between these 3 video games.

I'm unsure when I'll return to Re: CoM, dislike the cards.

Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories (PS4)
Kingdom Hearts II: Final Mix (PS4)
Oddworld: New 'N' Tasty (PS4)

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

HallowMoonshadow

The Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney collection.

Done the first case which is ridiculously easy and am at the halfway point through the second case Turnabout Sisters.

Really enjoying it so far. The cast is quite charming and funny. I can see why everyone likes Edgeworth. Though he was clearly tampering with evidence and information to fit the narrative and that's just wild that nobody bats an eyelid.

And man they really had to kill off Mia..l She had a neat design and seemed like a cool boss... But then I guess the game woulda been Mia Fey Ace Attorney instead... STILL.

Looking forward to playing more!

[Edited by HallowMoonshadow]

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Th3solution

@Yousef- Sorry, I just realized I didn’t respond to the comment regarding FPS and their golden age/dark age.

Yes, I’ve skipped nearly all military shooter based FPS and even most of the third person shooters that are based around military campaigns. Thankfully for me I don’t particularly gravitate toward modern era military shooters. Still, the vilification and demonization of various cultures, religions, sects, ethnicities, civilizations, etc. is present certainly in many other gaming genres too, but especially in FPS. I can only experience things through the viewpoint of my upbringing in the U.S., but it’s not hard to see how one might feel uncomfortable with the portrayal of certain cultures through Western eyes. When things happen the other direction and depictions of Western peoples and cultures occurs in broad prejudiced strokes it can be a turn-off for me too. But I think most people have realistic and rational expectations about the fictional representation of media, but I have no doubt that many people take things literally about what’s presented. Although there’s value in seeing a diverse interpretation of culture and events, sometimes it’s clear that a viewpoint is solely grounded in hatred or intolerance.

Either way, I’ve found my enjoyment of FPS mostly occurs in the fantasy realm - Titanfall, Doom, Borderlands, SW Battlefront, BioShock, and most recently Immortals of Aveum, etc. So Serious Sam might be one to keep in mind when the urge hits. I also have been meaning to try the Wolfenstein games, but I’m a little concerned about the reported difficulty, since I’m not very proficient in the FPS genre. Another on my radar is the Metro games. And they aren’t FPS per se, but I’m planning to play the new RE games eventually, which are survival horror shooters taking place in first person, so there’s that. 😄

[Edited by Th3solution]

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BuddhaBabboo

I've played all the main Uncharted games at launch on their respective platforms, but I've been having fun working my way through The Nathan Drake Collection off and on in between other games.

Uncharted 1 is a fun rough draft. Just finished replaying Uncharted 2 and it is still so incredibly good, right behind Uncharted 4 for me as my fave.

Uncharted 3 is my least favorite replay. It has a lot of great character interactions (I love Cutter so much) and combat enhancements, but the way Nate feels is so bizarre. His legs flop around weirdly on the terrain as you run and he tries to touch every surface he gets even slightly close to, so he kind of looks like a photo-real Sackboy in motion. It's haunting.

My memory is that this is one of the earliest games that was trying to do the whole "this character reacts to the world around them with animations" thing and the tech just wasn't there yet. Ambitious though!

BuddhaBabboo

PSN: EquipableIrish

Th3solution

@BuddhaBabboo You’re doing exactly what I’ve been planning. I only made it through UC1 so far and I had hoped to do UC2 at some point this year but it doesn’t look like it’s going to happen. Eventually though. I’m looking forward to it because I only have played each entry once.

Are you going to play the Legacy of Thieves PS5 Remakes too?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BuddhaBabboo

@Th3solution Oh nice! I'll probably play the PS5 version of Lost Legacy, since I only played that game once. I've replayed Uncharted 4 four or five times, so not too sure I'm up for a replay of it right now. Great games!

BuddhaBabboo

PSN: EquipableIrish

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic