Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,561 to 3,580 of 3,589

Black_Swordsman

Just beat Adjudicator in Demon's Souls (2020) this morning, took three hits with the Dragon Bone Smasher+2 and 52 Str.

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

CJD87

@Black_Swordsman Well done!

I platinum'd DeS (2020) during the pandemic and ultimately enjoyed my time with it. Still (IMO) one of the most graphically gorgeous games on PS5, and remains a solid showcase for what the machine is 'capable of'.

Currently replaying Elden Ring (ahead of Erdtree launch) and I must say though that the QoL elements in From's later offerings are well received. Those obnoxious run-backs to bosses in DeS are brutal at times!

CJD87

Black_Swordsman

@CJD87 Thank you! It is a great-looking game on the Ps5, and ,I agree, whole-heartedly demonstrates the console's full capabilities.

Hope you are enjoying your Elden Ring 'replaythrough' and, yeah, the DeS runbacks can be brutal, but, idk, to me, each stage is still quite short. But then again maybe that's just because I'm now op. 🤣

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

JohnnyShoulder

I started Tales of Kenzera: Zau, as I was in the mood for a Metroidvania and I liked what I heard of the how the game was made. I see the director has been doing the media rounds, I just watched his appearance on Play, Watch, Listen which I can recommend. He comes across as a genuine and humble guy, and was interesting to hear his journey from a voice actor to creating a video game as a process to deal with his grief.

Only played an hour or so, but the presentation is very good and combat I have no issues with so far. Feels quite slick to play.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Black_Swordsman

Still playing through DeS. Just beat Old Hero this morning on my first try. I used the Thief Ring and Curse Weapon on my Dragon Bone Smasher +2. He died in a few hits with that build, but he still hit me a few times and I was a hit or so away from death, but so was he, so it turned into a real duel but after I got greedy and took a chance to keep hitting him I managed to finish him off before he could do the same to me. Risk/reward. Classic Souls.

Edit: Just beat Storm King as well, using the Storm Ruler weapon that you find in the boss arena.

Edited on by Black_Swordsman

Voltan

I am now one trophy away from Stellar Blade's platinum.
Unfortunately for this one I have to play the game from the beginning again

Voltan

oliverp

@Voltan how long did it take for you to beat the game the first time around?

oliverp

Voltan

@oliverp 40-ish hours with all sidequests and enough collectibles to get related trophies, which means all cans, but also enough items to fully upgrade your stats and 30 costumes - there's more of those in the game than you need
I also caught all 25 kinds of fish (you need 20 for a trophy)
I found most things myself (only used a guide for a few cans and making sure I didn't miss anything important by the end) so it would probably be quicker with a guide

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

Voltan wrote:

I am now one trophy away from Stellar Blade's platinum.
Unfortunately for this one I have to play the game from the beginning again

That would be the point I tap out. The only time I tried replaying a game was Miles Morales, and I gave up after about an hour.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

@JohnnyShoulder I just launched it on NG+ and easy mode, which makes me almost invincible.
I'm also skipping everything optional (other than collecting some upgrades along the main path) so I'm like 70% done after 2 evenings and will probably take 1 or 2 more, depending on how much time I have.

Edited on by Voltan

Voltan

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, props to those that can do it, but replaying a game immediately after finishing it has always been difficult for me.

I did manage to do it for Miles Morales though. I was surprised at how quickly I completed it by mainlining it and skipping cutscenes. But otherwise doing a second run for the platinum trophy is like a mental block for me, even though I’ll willfully spend multiple hours running around doing post-game cleanup for a plat.

I do look guiltily at my 92% completion of A Plague Tale: Requiem knowing I’m just one partial playthrough away from the last couple trophies… but I can’t seem to bring myself to do it. 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution @JohnnyShoulder I am planning to get the plat for RE2 Remake when I get round to it - it should be my next game but one (the game I play directly after my next game) so multiple playthroughs will be required, but apparently with the different scenarios involved it will be different each time around, and then you've got the added stress of time limits for 'S' Rank achievements to bring further variety to the proceedings.

Th3solution

@Black_Swordsman Yeah, the RE games are a bit of an exception, since the playthroughs tend to be slightly different and ways to improve your ranking. I was never motivated to S rank the game, but it does add a new wrinkle to subsequent runs. Moreso the fact that you have two playable character routes, Leon and Claire in the case of RE2, which each has a slightly different perspective and different puzzles, etc.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

MikeOrator

I was going to make this the year of Atlus but (un)fortunately the Like a Dragon bug hit hard and am replaying Kiwami 2 before SMTV:V comes out. I was making an attempt to play Soul Hackers 2 but after playing LAD 8 and Persona 3R back to back I just could not do it. SH2 just does not hit the same. Maybe back at that one later.

MikeOrator

PSN: MikeOrator

Black_Swordsman

I am still playing through the Tower of Latria area in DeS, just one chunk/floor at a time really, trying to get to the boss but going slow as those Mind Flayer enemies are quite formidable. Anyway, I'm on 4F now.

Edit: I beat 3-1 and Fool's Idol in three hits, this morning. I also got the 'Not Fooled' trophy for not hitting any of the clones.

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution I thought you might be interested in the above post, as I know you struggled with her, I was initially intimidated by the boss/area leading to the boss, but with my patiently-crafted build it was pretty much a breeze actually, I only got "mind-flayed" once on the way to the boss. 🤣

Had any time for gaming recently? If so, still on your way to becoming op in Dark Souls II?

Edit: Oh yeah and I knew about that "key NPC" you mentioned that is critical to the victory over Fool's Idol from prior research on the internet anyway, but thanks for the heads up, neveretheless.

Th3solution

@Black_Swordsman Very nice. You really shredded through there. Glad that you were able to come out victorious.

I was able to obtain the fire longsword last night, so I’m working on getting my Dex up a couple points to be able to use it although honestly, my mace has been perfectly serviceable.

Black_Swordsman

@Th3solution Thank you and well done for getting the Fire Longsword, I imagine it is capable of dealing a great deal of damage. What are your early impressions of the game compared to your thoughts on it's predecessor?

Th3solution

@Black_Swordsman So far, so good. I’m having a fun time with it. I’ll expand over on the other thread 😄.

Black_Swordsman

I beat Maneaters and got done with 3-2 this morning in DeS. Got them on my second try, definitely the most challenging boss so far, even more difficult than Allant if memory serves correctly. I employed a YouTube strategy and managed to defeat them, now onto Old Monk. I think Maneaters and Penetrator are my favourite bosses so far.

Edit: Beat Old Monk and Leechmonger today too, now just Dirty Colossus, Maiden Astraea and the real King Allant in the final final area to go.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic