Forums

Topic: Best Ps5 headset or earbuds 2024

Posts 1 to 12 of 12

Elodin

Hello all. Looking for help deciding on a headset or earbuds for my ps5 use. I'm looking mostly for comfort, especially with glasses if anyone has experience there. I was going to get the pulse explore earbuds, but middling reviews have me looking elsewhere. I'm looking into the inzone earbuds or possibly two headsets I think I narrowed it down too. The Logitech - PRO X 2 LIGHTSPEED Wireless or the steel series 7+ I believe it was. Both seem to list the best comfort. I don't need a mic since I mostly solo game and I know any sound will be better than my tv so not too worried there. Maybe decent latency if that is an issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Elodin

DulyNoated

Have you tried the Onn brand headphones from Walmart if you do live in the US?

DulyNoated

Elodin

@DulyNoated I have not but I'll look into those. Thank you

Elodin

Elodin

Stopped at best buy to check some out. After speaking to an employee who also wears glasses and uses headsets for the same amount of time I will, I bought his recommendation or ordered it rather as they were sold out. I'm getting arctic nova 7p wireless. The reviews seem good and my number one concern of comfort seems validated with the reviews. Now to find to the best games with great sound. I'm for sure going to play Returnal again as the sound was even decent on my TV.

Elodin

Th3solution

@Elodin Congrats on your purchase! Here’s hoping they work out for quality and comfort. And yes, Returnal immediately came to mind for audio excellence. Most of the first party should be good tests of the 3D audio. Astrobot’s Playroom is great, of course. Demon’s Souls and GT7 are also good. For third party, I’ve been impressed with Jedi Survivor’s soundscape. It’s one of the first things I noticed playing the game — the visceral feel of the sounds with the lightsabers and blasters really takes it to another level. You really feel it in your gut if you have a headset on.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Elodin

@Th3solution fantastic. I just bought jedi survivor in the last sale. Ill try the others as well. Thank you!

Elodin

KilloWertz

@Elodin I've had the regular SteelSeries Arctis 7P+ headset for almost 2 years now and have been really satisfied with it. The only annoying thing is when the headset battery completely dies, it can sometimes force me to have to reset the headset, which requires taking the one earcup off and having to use a pin to reset them. I try to make sure to charge them before the battery completely dies so I don't have to worry about it.

Not to discourage your purchase or anything as they are really good otherwise.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Elodin

@KilloWertz nice. Thanks for the info I definitely keep them charged.

Elodin

Tasuki

I don't know maybe I am the odd duck, but I just don't understand using a headset for anything but non portable system. I mean sure back in the day when I was a kid whenever I played my Gameboy I used headphones because I was usually somewhere playing it that not everyone around me wanted to hear everything that I was doing on the game. But in you own bedroom or front room where your console is hooked up to the TV with its own set of speakers? Just doesn't seem to be a point to wearing a headset if your TV speakers are working and all.

RetiredPush Square Moderator and all around retro gamer.

My Backlog

PSN: Tasuki3711

Th3solution

@Tasuki I prefer the sound quality of the headset to my TV speakers. I have a decent TV but the stock speakers don’t give as full of a surround sound effect. If I had a better audio set up then it might be different, but it’s a lot cheaper to just use the headset. Of course it depends on the game, and if the 3D audio or the general immersion from high quality sound is not necessary for the game, then sometimes I’ll just have play through the TV speakers (something like Power Wash Simulator for example). For most of the latest AAA games the sound is really well tuned and the TV speakers just don’t do it justice, imo.

——————

I have been interested in getting a sound bar though, which I’ve heard is a cheap way to get substantial upgrade of sound without having to outfit the whole room with speakers on every wall. If anyone has any recommendations for a good sound bar to couple with my LG OLED then I’m all ears (ba-tum-tshhh… 🥁) 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Elodin

@Tasuki I second what @Th3solution said. It's much cheaper than a sound system and for me it allows me to hear it at a decent volume when my family is aleep.

Elodin

Elodin

So I got my Steel series arctis nova 7p headset yesterday and tried it out in a few games. Wow! what a difference it makes to most games so far. First the headset itself. It is comfortable, easy to set up and for me no adjustment needed, as in connecting it to a cpu to adjust sound sliders. A caviot is I'm not an audio file, just want some better sound than my tv. I tried 3 games so far. My most played game of Star Wars Battlefront 2 didn't make a big difference. Deeper base but otherwise not noticeable. To be expected from an older ps4 game. The other 2 games though, a huge upgrade to immersion. I first tried Avatar. The jungle just came alive. The 3d audio was fantastic. I could hear the pads of my feet as I ran, the swirling of those disc like lizard twirlers, and hammering of the factory machines. Amazing! The other game I tried was BG3. The music really came alive. The best od the 3d audio there was walking through Baulders Gate. I almost jumped and turned my head as I heard a sword being sharpened by a black Smith to the right. So far very happy with my purchase.

Elodin

• Page 1 of 1

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic