Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 4,201 to 4,206 of 4,206

Ralizah

@HallowMoonshadow Nice haul! Gnosia requires a bit of patience due to its inherently repetitive structure, but it's unlike anything else I've played before or since. And is the sort of thing you'd never see a bigger studio make. I love indies that push the boundaries of game design in interesting directions.

Seven Sirens is solid. It did a good job of combining the kinetic speed of Pirate's Curse with the aesthetic appeal of Shantae's animal transformations. The Monster Card equippables add a fun layer to the gameplay as well. Also, while I still prefer the sprite art entries in terms of presentation, it's a very attractive-looking game overall. It had some game balance issues at launch, but an update a year and a half after launch addressed pretty much everything with a new "Definitive Mode."

You know I've owned Rune Factory 4 on 3DS for, like, ten years, and still have never played it? I'm curious what you think of it.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

HallowMoonshadow

I actually re-read your review on it @Ralizah recently and sure enough, it made me really excited to try it all over again so Gnosia's definitely getting played as soon as.

Hopefully I'll have good things to say about it!

I was thinking about getting Pirate's Curse which I think is considered the fan favourite? But I'd heard about all the improvements after looking up a couple of videos about Seven Sirens and it was on sale so... I nabbed it.

I have no idea what to expect for Rune Factory 4 Special to be perfectly honest. It was a purchase purely to say I've actually tried a farming sim (Properly at least, I tried a SNES harvest moon game and was not impressed).

Was either that or Stardew... The fact it was cheaper option helped greatly

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Ralizah

@HallowMoonshadow I'm glad they ported it to PS4 eventually. Back when it first released in Japan, before the international Switch port, they'd planned on it remaining a PS Vita exclusive.

Pirate's Curse is the fan favorite, but Seven Sirens is similar in quality gameplay-wise. I'd say PC has funnier writing and more interesting set-pieces, but both are great games in their own right.

Rune Factory is heavier on the action-rpg side of things than Stardew is. At least based on the NDS games I played. Although you'll still want to do farming for money/social stuff, since it integrates into the rest of the gameplay.

And if you like the dating sim stuff in series like Persona, know that this element is even more pronounced here, to the point where you'll be able to marry and conceive a child with your chosen waifu/husbando.

Edited on by Ralizah

Currently Playing: Yakuza Kiwami 2 (SD)

PSN: Ralizah

LtSarge

Just bought Life is Strange 2. After finishing Before the Storm and absolutely loving the game, as well as reading high praise about LiS 2 from @Tjuz and seeing that the game is on sale now, I just had to buy it. I decided to get it on PlayStation in order to play it on my Portal as I find these games to fit perfectly on a handheld. In fact, I found playing Before the Storm on my TV a bit annoying as I just wanted to lie down on my bed and enjoy the story. Anyway, I'm very much looking forward to playing this game in the future!

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic