Forums

Topic: Dragons Dogma 2

Posts 101 to 120 of 184

Splat

I really wish they would put a checkmark next to a dungeon after you have cleared them. I want to do them all and it makes it a real pain.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

Ravix

@Elodin 😅😅😅 oof! The game is teaching the save mechanics the hard way, then haha.

I try to save on various level ups as it resets my pawn rental service. I.e updates it to be more powerful in other people's games 😁

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

Elodin

@Splat from what I have read dungeons become reoccupied with harder enemies

Edited on by Elodin

Elodin

Elodin

@Ravix yeah, rough. Good thing the game is fun

Elodin

Ravix

I got so distracted playing this today. Bakbhattal is stacked with things to do and I didn't know where to start, so I ended up just doing some very basic quests and exploring once again. I kind of don't want to go too far one way and then find a different quest wants me to go back there anyway, but the draw of adventure was too strong 😁 I also don't want to accidentally move the main quest on too much either.

Going back to the sphinx will have to wait a while too, as I remembered I'm probably going to investigate something Sven wanted before leaving Bhattal for any period of time, as I've only really just got here.

It's a bit like Death Stranding in a way, as you have to really think about whether you want to go somewhere or leave it until there's something else to head that way for.

⚔️🛡🐎

Splat

There really isn't a bad vocation. I think some are better than others, but fun to be had with them all.

Ravix

I've started employing really tanky pawns so I can mess around more in combat. I want to get the most out of the mount and destroy mechanics fir big boss fights and having a pawn draw aggro hard by being a defensive beast is probably the best way.

I'm also moving away from having too powerful a sorcerer as I knocked a Griffin down after the first health bar, and just as I was about to flame blade it's head a pawn went for a Meteoron and drained like 4 full bars in one hit 😂😂

UntitledUntitled

Edited on by Ravix

⚔️🛡🐎

ApostateMage

I've just checked my adventure logbook and realised that I've actually played many more hours than I thought I had. 81 in total and I'm still only on the 'Nation of the Lambent Flame' quest where I have to go to the Rockmouse's Burrow tavern.

I'm currently controlling battles as a sorcerer while my pawn plays the tank. Great fun.

ApostateMage

Ravix

@ApostateMage woop, I've overtaken you quest wise, aha. Although I'm going to go back to slow playing and exploring once again now I'm settled in Bakbhattal and have it as a base of operations. There is an initial wave of "oh, what to do now" once you get there, but that settles back down and the opportunities to free form come back quickly once you've triggered some stuff and got a grasp of story pacing again.

I'm so done with fighter and mystic spearhand now, and have jist settled back in as a thief. It is definitely the most fun for taking on big monsters of the melee vocations as you can spend fights climbing all over them and zipping about and you are still able to rush in as a front line attack without having to draw all the aggro at once. So as someone who loves all out action in games it seems the right one to work on for getting the best gear.

Something so fun about dashing around, jumping up off something on to a beasts head, planting some explosives and then draw and quartering, leaping away whilst triggering the BOOM!

I think I will leave trying Mage or Sorcerer for myself for a new game plus, but if I see mystic archer that could be fun.

What level are you and your Main Pawn now? And what vocation is it fighter or Warrior? I've been rolling with a random tanky fighter hire, but maybe at some point I could look to hire yours, as we seem to be progressing similarly.

⚔️🛡🐎

ApostateMage

@Ravix we've just hit level 49. Started off as thief (my fave so far) and maxed that vocation out as well as mystic spearhand, archer, mage and now at rank 6 on sorcerer. My main pawn started off as a mage and has it maxed along with sorcerer, fighter and is currently rank 6 on warrior.

I enjoyed playing mystic spearhand (sith lord) but died so many times from using Dragoun's Foin near cliff edges.

ApostateMage

Ravix

@ApostateMage ah, I think I was at 49 last night when I last played it too 😁 nicely done. I feel it had definitely been getting a bit OP, but it's good as you can tune which pawns and skills you use to balance it out again.

Give us a shout if you need a Pawn that can be set up to suit your party, as I can pretty much set it to whatever and then create the save to send him into the ether, and switch back in my game to how want it.

Or if you need your Pawn renting, to say, work on their combat badges as a pawn quest, as I'm basically always seeking out any monster I can fight tbh 😅

⚔️🛡🐎

Ryu_Niiyama

Got my first dragonplague pawn but she was at early stages so sadly I sent her back to her Arisen while still sick ( I didn’t realize it until dismissal because she wore glasses and her eyes were only lightly red). The straightforward pawns are pushy so it is hard at first to tell until they start acting oddly. Which is hilariously deceptive. I have taken to stop hiring straightforward pawns. I will say I hate it when my pawn comes back saying the Arisen they were with was a jerk. But I love that the game tells you who that is so you can avoid their pawn.

I love the Warfarer vocation. Really allows me to fill in the gaps and back level the vocations I am bad at. I am kinda stalling the mid game so I can farm gold and uncover more of the map. Got all vocations unlocked finally so really just getting my gear together for the dragon fight.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

PSN: Ryu_Niiyama

Ravix

Found my finders token, I am well chuffed 😁

I knew I'd found maybe two or three seekers tokens within the first section of the game, as I started wandering off when when it is still trying to do the tutorial intro 😁

I still haven't met a magic archer or warfarer, so I don't know how you get those "midgame" but one day I shall find them on my travels 😅

Now, to Sven and then back to the Sphinx! 🏕🥾

⚔️🛡🐎

ApostateMage

@Ravix Ta mate. Looking forward to traipsing around with Tim Roth at my back.

ApostateMage

Ravix

@ApostateMage the weirdest thing about my accidental Tim Roth, is the accent. It's so cockney/southern, and now having travelled with him for 60+ hours, I'm starting to think he must have voiced lines for it 😂 it's seriously playing tricks on me, especially during long game sessions 😆

⚔️🛡🐎

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ravix Not gonna spoil it for you but you are gonna need 3 newt liqueur bottles because one of the vocations you are missing is a drunk. You can make it if you have fruit wine and one other ingredient. I do love that the game leans more on failed Arisen this time around though. It makes a nice narrative underpinning to remind you that storywise fighting the dragon is only a few steps below fighting god(yes I worded it like that on purpose lol). Plus it means there are more stops on the Arisen pipeline.

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

darylb24

A heads up for anyone playing the mission - The Phantom Oxcart. You may notice all your pawns clutching their heads - a common symptom of Dragons Plague. Thankfully it is just a spell that affects pawns in the area of Battahl and their symptoms will go when you leave the area. I have seen people kill all their pawns because they thought it was dragons plague.

darylb24

Splat

I can't finish the Sphinx quest line because I have zero idea where I found my first seeker token? That was 80+ hours ago. How in the world was I supposed to know I needed to remember that?

Ryu_Niiyama

@darylb24 yeah the game hints that when your pawn explains that the power of the godsway was painful to experience. I was surprised they could help fight in that quest. Can you imagine them trailing the Arisen while trying to stay outta hypno range?

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ravix

@Splat I found mine okay, because I remember the early moments well and I learned of them in playing Dark Arisen a few weeks earlier and when I found some I was like "ah, these things" adding to the "definitely a Reboot" kind of feel to the game.

But I hear that actually it's an unfailable part of the game, so you might not get a trophy but the quest will progress okay after a certain time.

And if you love trophies, I guess you can just scout the first area if you know you were exploring early, or the main towns if you were mainling the game early as some are just in fountains etc in settlements

⚔️🛡🐎

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic