Forums

Topic: Dragons Dogma 2

Posts 161 to 180 of 184

ApostateMage

@Ravix You're welcome. ๐Ÿง™๐Ÿผโ€โ™‚๏ธ
I've been doing what you did, hiring low level pawns (10-20) and rewarding them with a decent item of gear. I didn't wanna give them too much because part of the enjoyment of this game is finding and buying better equipment.

As for my Arisen's romance, I got the dwarven blacksmith's apprentice girl. Really stumped on that one. I dunno how but I totally missed all of the Ulrika questline. I've found so many quests in new game plus that I never did on my first playthrough.

ApostateMage

Ryu_Niiyama

Sara was my Beloved. I am ok with that because sheโ€™s cool and I was terrified I was gonna get stuck with the elven archer/prince guy. Dude was always outside my house. Like please go away sir.

Taiko is good for the soul, Hoisa!
Japanese NNID:RyuNiiyamajp
Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19
I'm a Dream Fighter. Perfume is Love, Perfume is Life.

PSN: Ryu_Niiyama

xeofate

I got the Peace ending there. I ended up fighting the dragon 3 times and gave up in the end and accepted my fate. I'll probably reload my save and see if I can get another outcome. The fight itself was pretty cool but easy enough. I dunno how you tell who your beloved was. I guess it was Sigurd since he was there for some reason but I wasn't really paying attention as it was late and I was tired. I probably shouldn't have taken him on that jaunt and slayed a lesser dragon with him haha. Amazing game though, I'd probably agree with PushSquare's score of 9/10 for it. The whole uproar over performance was a total non issue for me, people are missing out on something special over that but I guess that's their choice really. What score would you guys give Dragon's Dogma 2?

Edit: Reloaded the save and got the other outcome, yeah this game is class

Edited on by xeofate

xeofate

Ravix

@xeofate welcome to the machine...

Untitled

๐Ÿ˜

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
โš”๏ธ๐Ÿ›ก๐ŸŽ

xeofate

@Ravix Haha the game suddenly turned into Dark Souls. I've only got 2 wakestones left and not much in the way of healing items. The way you need to approach the game here changes quite a bit. I'm only level 45 so it's gonna be a struggle. That shield power for Mystic Spearhand is saving me at the moment.

xeofate

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ravix I love how the game messes with you by making the title card of the regular game just say Dragonโ€™s Dogma. Itsuno-san was determined to hide as many references and digs at the player as possible.

Has anybody been able to save Ser Gregor?
Edit: I saved him.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Elodin

Tried switching vocations for the first time. Went from.mage to mystic spearhand. What a different game it becomes. I love how different vocations change the game.so.much

Elodin

Ryu_Niiyama

I feel like the penalty for dying in Dragonโ€™s Dogma 2 (the part of the game that matches the title card) is payback for folks godsbaning in the original game. I did it out of habit after locking a quest and I cackled at the result.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Splat

Elodin wrote:

Tried switching vocations for the first time. Went from.mage to mystic spearhand. What a different game it becomes. I love how different vocations change the game.so.much

One of the best things about the game is that it doesn't lock you into a class/vocation.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Pawn ID: OM7GKB029K3D

PSN: Splathew

blades_of_afro

Hello i am looking for an finders token. if anyone is around the sphinx's quest and can make a duplicate and trade with my pawn would be wonderful pls. i have been waiting and can't move on because of this one trophy.

My Pawn ID RL56LQ1ZP72S
Pawn name Lekiesha

blades_of_afro

Ryu_Niiyama

I swear the amount of time I am spending trying to get high pawn affinity is ridiculous.

Edit: Got it! Was worth it to me!

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

Ravix

After not really having enough time to play this game over the weekend, I finally got back on it last night and I'm so very close to the end (I guess)

I've only rested once in the unmoored world and have slain all main bosses and pretty much gathered all the people in one area (suspicious haha) and then bought a bunch of gear. But next time I'm on I kind of want to go secret hunting and revisit things like the Medusa and maybe even the Sphinx to see what is going on over where they are/were.

All I know so far is it just seems like there is more to this world from what people say in-game, and I did hear that if I do finish my time here it

just boots you in to new game plus anyway (although narratively I've managed to avoid the logic or reasoning behind that fact, so maybe it will make sense afterwards)

But at the moment I feel like there should be something more to do here, something else to discover, so I don't really want to end without trying out some things. I mean, big P said he wanted to do some research, I don't know if that will go anywhere before the world ends ๐Ÿ˜…๐Ÿ˜… how much time would he need haha.

Anyone checked out any cool new areas or found anything interesting in the red bit?

Edited on by Ravix

โš”๏ธ๐Ÿ›ก๐ŸŽ

xeofate

Exploring that world is probably harder than doing the actual bosses. I just finished the game and didn't explore too much. Now I have that empty feeling after finishing a long and epic RPG. I think I'll play either Freedom Planet, Mario Wonder or Balatro as a total change of pace after that. Dragon's Dogma 2 has got to be up there with Elden Ring as one of my favourite games in recent times. I'll wait for the inevitable updates and improvements from Capcom before revisiting it I think.

xeofate

Splat

I got the Platinum. I'm pretty proud of this one not going to lie lol.

Ravix

I honestly don't know what to do in the game now ๐Ÿ˜… it seems like nothing else is happening in the end game, I've journeyed far and wide and other than fighting waves of under water zombies (the Sea/Brine definitely ate an old settlement/world, and these zombies are clearly citizens of another time before that happened, but f**ked if I know of theres any way to learn more than that out here) but nothing else is really triggering, quest log is literally empty, and the ominous dialogue is still popping about end times, and it seems like there is no actual solution other than to start new game plus, until some DLC comes around, of course ๐Ÿ˜‰

So other than maybe messing around and turning Tim Roth into some random new pawn before finally clicking on the last red beam, I think I'm probably done and ready to play a different game ๐Ÿ˜

โš”๏ธ๐Ÿ›ก๐ŸŽ

Ryu_Niiyama

@Ravix Did you evacuate everyone? If so itโ€™s really close the beacons and farm till you get bored. That being said it was an amazing easter egg/story wrap up for those that played the original. I totally got my moneyโ€™s worth.

Also I take back what I said about the quests. They have a payoff, but you have to get to the proper second half of the game to see it.

For some reason I am starting a 3rd playthrough. Didnโ€™t realize that instead of Arisen the term Enlightened One is used in Japanese. Makes the rebirth/cycle themes make way more sense.

Edited on by Ryu_Niiyama

Team Cupcake! 11/15/14
Team Spree! 4/17/19

ApostateMage

@Ravix Tim Roth is no more?! I'm gonna hire him for my alt account Arisen. Should be a surprise to see what I get if he's got the same pawn code.

@Splat Nice job.

ApostateMage

Ravix

@ApostateMage oh, I've not done anything to him yet, I was just tempted to before I'm done with the game as I do like the character creator ๐Ÿ˜…

Beyond level 60 it seems every pawn is just a bland bikini clad doppelganger, and Timmy isn't getting many hires and likes any more ๐Ÿ˜ขAlthough I don't know if actively being on helps with their visibility in others game worlds or not

I did set a pawn quest recently though, with the reward an "unmasking arrow" ๐Ÿ˜‰ (I did try to forge the empowered godsbane but it didn't let me lol)

Edited on by Ravix

โš”๏ธ๐Ÿ›ก๐ŸŽ

ApostateMage

Ravix wrote:

Beyond level 60 it seems every pawn is just a bland bikini clad doppelganger

Guilty as charged ๐Ÿ˜ณ

It's as soon as they get that corset outfit from 150 seeker tokens. To be fair, it does have great stats when fully upgraded. I gave mine to Sphinxy to clone it and now don it on both my pawn and Arisen. For the stats, of course. Ahem.

ApostateMage

Splat

I gave the Sphinxy a portcrystal to clone. My 3rd playthrough was mainly for trophies and was getting tired of travel lol.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic