Forums

Topic: Game of the Year 2022

Posts 41 to 47 of 47

KilloWertz

@JudgeDredd I didn't even realize Life is Strange: True Colors was a 2021 release when doing my list since it came out fairly late in 2021. I tried to keep mine as 2022 releases (counting Cyberpunk 2077 as one since the current gen version released this year), but I'm probably too lazy to go back and change my list. Since I haven't played any other games yet that actually released in 2022 that I liked well enough to list, then I guess oh well.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

purple_mouse_gaming

Havent played much variety this year, but I'm gonna go with Toem on Switch. Charming little game, recently updated with some new areas, totally devoid of conflict, very relaxing to play - and just a really nice experience all around ✅

Edit: Okay, it was a 2021 release, but it's the best game I've played THIS year 😉

Edited on by purple_mouse_gaming

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger No, not played Frozen Wilds. I'm not a massive story guy and unless I get really confused, I reckon I will be ok. The stuff in-game has been sufficient so far when I needed refresh my memory of events from Zero Dawn.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@RogerRoger No apologies needed buddy, thanks for the consideration!

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Jimmer-jammer

This list will almost certainly change as I play catch up on the year but as it stands:

1. Elden Ring
2. God of War Ragnarok
3. Ghostwire Tokyo
4. Inscryption
5. Gran Turismo 7

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

JohnnyShoulder

@Jimmer-jammer Another vote for Inscryption! Such a surprise of game, and my hidden gem of the year.

Jimmer-jammer

@JohnnyShoulder Yeah, it really threw me for a loop, but that’s the whole point, I guess! It’s a game that’s almost impossible to describe yet makes perfect sense once you’ve played it. To top it off, the base card game that everything is built off of is just plain fun to play. Glad to see I’m not the only one who enjoyed it. It’s pretty awesome.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic