Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 121 to 140 of 3,456

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett When I first read that, I immediately thought of Scooter from Borderlands, instead of the cheesy dance group. Just shows how long since I've listened to them.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

jdv95

Kidfried wrote:

I started Spider-Man Remastered a day or so ago. I hope to be spending more time with it over the weekend, but I'm also in the process of moving this month, so we'll see whether I manage to fit it into my schedule.

As a fan of platformers, movement has always been very important for me in videogames and this game is all about that. Some things are still a bit weird, like not being able to simply hang from a leg when sneaking (?) or maybe I just need to figure out how that works. But in general I love the movement, sense of speed and how Spider-Man innovates on the Batman combat system by implementing verticality in combat.

Also, New York City looks so nice. I didn't expect this game to look as good as it does. It's amazing how relatively colorful they made NYC too. But most impressive is probably that I didn't witness any pop in so far, while traveling the city at enormous speed.

I'm a small time Spider-Man fan (I read the comics for about three years), and so far I think the game handles its series legacy somewhat better than Batman. The games for the latter were "the Joker releases all villains", which was a useful plot device in Arkham Asylum, but felt a bit forced in the latter games. Anyway, I of course have no idea which way the Spider-Man story is going, so maybe I should not get ahead of myself just yet.

What do I dislike? The fact that they included Copeland's radio broadcasts from Days Gone into this game, disguised as JJ podcasts. "Don't believe the lies!"

you can turn the podcasts off in the options menu. just "unsubscribe" from JJ's podcast.

jdv95

Thrillho

I swear Astro's Playroom is cursed for me!

Having been the game that originally killed my console off, I was going to play it next having finished Ratchet and Clank but it had fallen off my home menu after installing other games (seriously, what's with such a terrible UI on the home screen??). Bizarrely, it was then showing up as installed but I couldn't play it so I've had to delete the game and am waiting for it to re-download now.

At least it seems like it will finally be worth it!

Thrillho

Thrillho

@RogerRoger Are you playing 4K or at 60fps?

I only have a HDTV so have gone with the latter wherever possible but fans’ screenshots of the game on Insomniacs Twitter account look stunning!

Thrillho

Thrillho

@RogerRoger I just wondered whether playing on performance mode would downscale the pics I’m sure I’ll be getting in Spider-Man: MM!

And I’ve played a fair bit of Astro now. It’s only 10GB which took about half an hour to re-download. It was just a bit strange that it had “disappeared”. A brilliantly charming game and I love it when I recognise the game the bots are play acting!

Thrillho

mookysam

@Thrillho @RogerRoger The system outputs a full 4K image. My TV is only 1080p, but all my screenshots are a crisp 2160p.

Black Lives Matter
Trans rights are human rights

Trs451

Started Disco Elysium. I've been looking forward to playing this since it was announced. Hope it doesn't disappoint

Trs451

Voltan

Untitled

Today was a good day for Kombat. Unfortunately it's probably not enough to make it to the next rank (unless I can hit a streak of like 8 wins tomorrow)

@Thrillho If I'm not mistaken, Spider-Man goes into the fidelity mode for photo mode even if you're playing in performance mode.

Voltan

Thrillho

@RogerRoger @mookysam @Voltan Thanks folks. Good to know Roger won't be taking shots prettier than mine (allowing for his superior artistic flair anyway).

Thrillho

Thrillho

I fired up Disco Elysium and it’s taking me a while to get used to the vibe and controls but it’s certainly an interesting game!

I was also lucky enough to get the tie without killing myself..

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho Did you pass the check for the tie to speak to you? I didn’t have enough points in my purple stats this time round to get it but the tie helps narrate the game if you do.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Thrillho

@nessisonett Ha, no. I didn’t even know that was a thing!

I went for the thinker route for my first go and haven’t got all that far. One thing is how tiny the text seems to be and the option to increase the size doesn’t actually seem to do anything?

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho I haven’t found the text that small on a 40” TV but I sit pretty close to it. I think issues like text size might perhaps be fixed in updates though!

Thrillho

@nessisonett Mine is 42” and I’m a couple of metres away. It’s readable but not overly comfortable for long periods.

At least it’s mostly voiced now!

@RogerRoger I’m looking forward to seeing what the game looks like too. A few shots from Astro look pretty sharp so something dedicated to looking great will be great I hope.

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho To be fair, I have reached two separate game-breaking bugs that make it impossible for me to progress so I’m definitely more open to criticism of the port than I was when it was just frame rate issues that was the problem.

Thrillho

@nessisonett Ouch. No way of doing anything different to get round it I assume?

Thrillho

nessisonett

@Thrillho I ended up attempting to come back to the segment that was soft locking only to come across another one that at least let me continue to the next line but repeated itself continuously. I’ll wait for a patch but it’s a wonder how it got past quality control given it’s a massively important scene to the plot.

Voltan

@nessisonett Could be some rare case they didn't catch. You should probably try to report it somehow.

On an unrelated note - I freakin' made it to Demigod in Kombat League
Got just a little lucky in my last fight - I'd be dead if Erron hadn't ran out of bullets.

Voltan

nessisonett

@Voltan I’ve seen the same scene reported all across the web! That should at least mean it’ll be fixed in the incoming patch. Still, it wasn’t broken when I played it on PC a year and a half ago 😂

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic