Forums

Topic: Push Square Premier League Fantasy Football (soccer) 23/24 season

Posts 81 to 100 of 206

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Yep, had Lamptey well down on my bench and he got 7 points too. I’ve found it really hard to pick defenders so far, there’s been a bit of a roulette so far amongst a lot of teams and results have been fairly unpredictable.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett totally. I probably would have done the swap this weekend but there weren't really any options that seemed worth going for. Hopefully after this extra round of results I might have a better idea what teams/players might get points.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

nessisonett

Slightly worried about my team, got a bad bad feeling. Then again, Joe Hart got sent off 20 minutes against Livingston on an astroturf pitch and we still won 3-0 so maybe my luck’s alright 😂

RODRI NOOOOO

Edited on by nessisonett

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett I see you edited, I'm guessing the Rodri bit got added later. It seems your concerns were warranted 😄
I've noticed my team name still hasn't been moderated. At this rate 'Pending Moderation' seems to be proving lucky for me.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

@BearsEatBeets Haha, swings and roundabouts, took Malo Gusto out and he’s just gone and got a red card too so it could have been worse 😂

Never mind, Lamptey played 3 bloody minutes to keep Solanke from coming on. De Zerbi Roulette is honestly worse.

Edited on by nessisonett

BearsEatBeets

@nessisonett Blimey, two red cards wouldn't have been unlucky that would have been cursed 😄. That sucks about Lamptey but I'm glad he brought Mitoma on at half time. My midfield has done great bar Ward-Prowse and considering he was playing Liverpool I'm happy with that. Just need a Newcastle clean sheet now to make it a great gameweek.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

Oof, chucking my Newcastle players cause of their bad start to the season proving to be a catastrophic move. I was second for the month going into this week!

BearsEatBeets

Estupian getting an own goal and going off at half time is a pain. Pretty sure he’s a very widely picked player so hopefully it’s affecting a lot of teams. Glad I put Watkins in for this gameweek though.
Just sweating on four of my team suddenly showing as ‘amber’. Considering my third sub is a definite red I’ll be watching the lineups intently.

BearsEatBeets

nessisonett

Sitting on a cool -2 points xx

sorteddan

Same. Took the hit from Estupinian but made up for keeping my faith with Wallie Otkins. Looks like I may not have a fun compliment of players this week as well - Botman had been by highest (unused) scoring sub for the last two weeks so obvs not available when I put him in the team! Always seems to be the way doesn't it. Hopefully my other strikers can bag a few this afternoon.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

Feeling pretty good about taking the points hit to bring in Carlton Morris, a goal already and he’s still got a game left.

BearsEatBeets

Just checking my team for the weekend and discovered I have 3 defenders in red status. 😬

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Oh yeah and while I remember

September Manager of the Month goes to @Qualitygeezer

Things getting mighty close at the top.

BearsEatBeets

Mostik

Well done @Qualitygeezer I am certainly no threat this season but it's all good, Utd sh*tting the bed certainly hasn't helped 😢

Mostik

BearsEatBeets

I’ve gone with the bold decision of not captaining Haaland this weekend so I’m bracing myself for him to score four/five goals and benefit 90% of other managers.

BearsEatBeets

sorteddan

@BearsEatBeets
I didn't know you could not captain Haaland. I thought that was just built into how it works these days...

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

BearsEatBeets

@sorteddan 😄

I made Maddison my captain so when Spurs went down to ten I thought the decision might really blow up in my face but I just noticed he at least got some points with an assist. It will still probably end up being less than Haaland though.

BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

I spend 4 points to swap out two injured defenders who won't play and they end up getting 3 points between them. Would have been a point better off leaving it and only having ten players. I think my good run has finally faltered this weekend. Now to see if will Haaland really punish me for taking the captaincy away.

Edit: Just discovered Akanji not playing, so with Saka out too I'm only going to have 10 players anyway ☹️

Edited on by BearsEatBeets

BearsEatBeets

Mostik

@BearsEatBeets Taking Haaland out for Maddison was inspired mate, I took out Sterling for Kulusevski which turned out to be far from inspired!!

Mostik

BearsEatBeets

@Mostik Ended up being my one of my best point scorers in an otherwise terrible week. Got to try and figure out when Haaland's bad form blip will end now.

BearsEatBeets

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic