Forums

Topic: The Push Square Football (Soccer) Thread

Posts 301 to 320 of 2,383

themcnoisy

Giggs is a laughing stock after having an affair with his brothers wife. How can a chairman trust him after that?

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

usb

I used to work in a clothing store in the early 2000's in Manchester and Giggs was well known for sleeping with the female staff not sure if he was married at that time or not.

usb

PSN: noodledreamz

Bazza78

Ryan giggs is welsh. Thats punishment enough.

OVERWATCH ps4 KDR 4.8. games won ratio 84 %. Best kill streak 52. Most eliminations 88

BAMozzy

@Kyroki: I thought it was quite even but Atletico must be kicking themselves for missing 2 penalties - the one during the game could have been decisive. A great save early on though kept Atletico in the first half - I think if that had gone in before Ramos's goal, the game would have been difficult for Atletico - the fact it was only 1-0 gave them something to push for. Extra time seemed to favour Real but the cramping seemed to slow the game down for the inevitable penalties. Got to admit that Reals Penalties were confident and class. Atletico's missed penalty, I think would have been saved if it was inside the post - keeper nearly got it anyway...

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

usb

The Tigers are back in the Premeier League well done to bounce back so quickly. Steve Bruce is an under rated manager who gets the best out of players its suprising he has not been given an opportunity at a slightly bigger club.

usb

Victor_Meldrew

Pretty dull CL final, I think theyre all burnt out, hopefully they'll all be well rested for the euros.

Victor_Meldrew

Anchorsam_9

Half of Real Madrid's players in the CL final were so annoying. Pepe especially - he's supposed to be a hardman centre-back when really he's a diving wuss, and it amazes me how he wasn't sent off yesterday (this is why the fourth official should be able to make calls from a TV screen) The way Ronaldo celebrated yesterday after he scored his penalty was annoying, too. He celebrated like he'd just scored a last minute worldie, and any player that decides to take the 5th penalty for the glory gets marked down for me.

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

BAMozzy

I agree with Sammy on this - its not the Penalty itself but what that penalty actually meant. Ronnie knew that if he scored, they were winners and celebrated as such. I bet he would have run up to one of his team-mates ripping his shirt off like that had they scored the winning penalty - or at least similar. My biggest surprise though was that he took the last penalty. If one or two of his team-mates had missed, then one of the best penalty takers in the team may not have taken a penalty. I don't know if the order is selected before the coin toss - it usually is - so if Real were second, then the best may not of ended up taking a penalty! Granted that in this situation, you want a confident and assured penalty taker but if Atletico had missed another one, he wouldn't have been needed any way. 8 of the 9 were well taken - especially considering the situation and the amount of cramp people had. Overall though I don't think Ronnie had his best game...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

ShadowofSparta

@BAMozzy: He's done it before. Even at Utd, he preferred to take the later pens (and I remember pundits criticizing him for it). To be honest, I think Ronnie looked tired. It's not being said, but Madrid's discipline under Zizou has actually pulled out a surprising amount of defensive cover from CR7. I think he's a bit tired

Sapere Aude

PSN: k-mysta | Twitter:

Bazza78

Whats with all the "ronnie" talk? Do you guys socialize with ronaldo ? Or spend enough time with him to give a pet name?

OVERWATCH ps4 KDR 4.8. games won ratio 84 %. Best kill streak 52. Most eliminations 88

WanderingBullet

So how do guys think Man Utd will do next season now that Mourinho's in charge and how long will he stay at the club for?

Huntin' monsters erryday.

Anchorsam_9

@WanderingBullet: He'll be there for a while, I think. Utd should get Top 4 with him next season.

Seeing as the cut-off for the Euro 2016 squads is today, who are the two players that Hodgson should cut from the England squad? In my opinion, Sturridge and Drinkwater should go. While Sturridge has been in good form recently, he's barely played at all for England, plus he's picked up another niggle again so I reckon he should take the summer off. Drinkwater's barely made an impact in the squad, and England have good midfielders in spades anyway. Still, Rashford and Townsend could be contenders, considering that Rashford would be unlikely to play up front and would more likely to be pushed out wide, while Townsend's barely played any matches in the friendlies.

Anchorsam_9

Twitter:

BAMozzy

@Anchorsam_9: As a LFC fan, I would be happy for Sturridge not to go and be fresh and fit for next season - although I would still like to see another LFC player at the Euros. I can see Drinkwater and Sterling/Townsend not making the final squad. If I had to pick between Sterling and Townsend, I would take Townsend - he doesn't fall over and give the ball away quite so much.

I know that would mean that England have 5 strikers - Kane, Vardy, Rashford, Sturridge and Rooney but Rooney can play deeper. I see Sturridge as more of a back-up to Kane and Rashford and Vardy are interchangeable too. If you were chasing a game or wanting to put one to bed (so to speak), you could play Rooney in behind 2 strikers - having say Sturridge and Rashford on the bench for example, could freshen up the entire attack without necessarily losing the midfield.

That's why I think Drinkwater and probably Townsend will lose out - Hodgson seems to favour Sterling despite the fact he seems to have lost his way at City and not impressed in the friendlies...

Edited on by BAMozzy

usb

I can see Mourinho being there for a long time as long as they do not sack him. He seems to like the Permiere League and living in England. he will do well with Man Utd get a top 4 finish every season might stuggle to win the league for a few years but will build good team with good work ethics.

usb

BAMozzy

The England squad, has been announced and as predicted, the 2 to miss out (after Delph was ruled out) are Drinkwater and Townsend. I thought Sterling would scrape through because Hodgson seems to like him despite not playing that well at City or during the friendlies....

themcnoisy

The England Team is a joke.

If Smalling and Dier get injured its Cahill and Stones at the back with Milner as protection. OMG that's horrendous.

Bazza78

Sad to say england hevent a chance in hell, ross barkley and jack wishere would get injured looking at a pair of football boots never mind wearing them. Wilshere smokes 20 a day and barkley eats 20 cheeseburgers a day. Both players have had crap seasons , wilshere aint played FFS!. Drinkwater has been robbed. It should be on a club form selection basis. Raheemady sterling is also a useless fingle bunt. All pace and zero brain. Sterling couldnt finish a ice cream.

Edited on by Bazza78

themcnoisy

@Bazza78: That's because Barkley nicked it off him.

@get2sammyb that's why Townsend was a good choice. I have no idea how Ross has snook into the team. He's been awful.

I feel so sorry Martinez managed to get Jagielka (our only good player this season) out of the England team. How stones is picked ahead of him is insane.

My team.
Out
Wilshire
Sturridge
Barkley
1x GK

In
Jagielka - cover for defence
Carroll - long ball if needed
Drinkwater - cover for dier
Townsend - can change a game

We cant go 3 at the back tactically either, which is a possibility if we go 2 goals down. How can we only take 3 cbs? We've got the same amount of gks. We all saw what happened when Dier went back there against Australia.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic