Forums

Topic: PUSH SQUARE GAME CLUB | MAY | Dave the Diver ๐Ÿ ๐Ÿฆ‘๐Ÿคฟ

Posts 761 to 780 of 781

Th3solution

@Mr_B021 That was a really great flashback, by the way! Thanks for doing that.

@sorteddan Sushi is wonderful. Wellโ€ฆ I have had some bad sushi, but overall itโ€™s delicious.

โ€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.โ€

CaptD

Resumed my playthrough of Dave the diver today after getting sidetracked by Generation Zero (pretty good game).
I too have hired a waitress although I'm less than impressed as she doesn't seem to know how to pour green tea but we did have an evening without any customers leaving hungry so there is that.
Trying to get some blueprints at the moment, I want a decent gun to deal with those shark attacks.
I'm really digging the game but short bursts are a must, also I'm quite surprised how expansive the game seems as there is lots going on, even had a visit from Greenpeace although their boat seems more dinky than what they usually sail around in.

@Bundersvessel I see on the Pushsq sister site that you are playing Rise of the tomb raider. Great game and my favourite in the trilogy, loads of content and even had a neat PSVR addon where you could wander round the mansion although I'm not sure you could lock the butler in the freezer. One of the few games were I enjoyed the time attack mode.

CaptD

Bundersvessel

@CaptD Ah yes, indeed. I'm planning to return my PS save for a survivor run, definitely my favourite of the trilogy. Last time out the Challenge Tomb trophy bugged on me so hoping it pops this time ๐Ÿคž

Good to hear you're enjoying Dave the Diver.

That gum you like is going to come back in style!

sorteddan

Chapter 3: Something about Sea People.

Made it to the undersea village by giving the mermaid princess a piggyback. Should be called Kingdom of the fetch quests from what I've seen so far!

Also now got a bunch of breeding pools and a farm to keep me occupied as well as the almost daily random encounters/missions. The game certainly does try to stop me from solely focussing on the main loop of fishing, running the restaurant and using the cash to upgrade me and my staff.

Think I'm about 10 hours in and still pleasant enough so far.

โ€œWe are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.โ€

CaptD

@sorteddan I think you and I are around the same point in the game. I have a couple of waiters now and an additional person in the kitchen, have two servers does help quite a bit and I've upgraded one so that they serve drinks....I'm still struggling to pour a decent beer.
Have you been remembering to feed the cat?

I'm surprised with all the success around Dave the diver that insomniac hasn't put their underwater game on sale, it seems that they and everyone else has forgotten that it even exists.

CaptD

sorteddan

@CaptD
Yeah I have done a handful of times. Now Bancho has told me to find out where it goes at night so who knows what that's about.

I've got two serving staff and two cooks all trained to about level 5 so I mostly have to do cleaning duties and grind the seasoning when it runs low which suits me just fine. And yeah I suck at pouring beer ๐Ÿบ also!

โ€œWe are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.โ€

JohnnyShoulder

Not sure if it has already been mentioned, but Dave The Diver is a good game to play in the warmer weather. I've been struggling to play Tales of Kenzera: Zau for longer sessions this weekend, as my hands get sweaty in tricky sections lol.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

CaptD

@JohnnyShoulder Only if you use the 'hold button' instead of 'tap button' in the accessibility options.
Yeah it has been quite warm this week, I was playing VR the other day and thought that it is starting to get too warm for this old lark but thankfully it might be cooler next week.
Is Tales of K any good? I know it is on PS Extra and it looks quite good but I struggle with platformers. I did watch the founder of the studio on PS Access podcast a few weeks back, seemed like a decent dude with an interesting tale to tell.

CaptD

JohnnyShoulder

@CaptD I usually hate anything resembling QTE's, but I don't mind the ones in Dave the Driver.

Tales of Kenzera: Zau looks and sounds the part, and plays pretty smoothly too. There are some tricky platform sections, and some of the challenge sections dump you back at the start. In normal sections, the game saves on a frequent basis, so it is not an issue in the main.

I have stopped playing games due to difficult platform sections, but have stuck with this one. Probably due not many are part of the main story, so you can skip them if you want.

Edited on by JohnnyShoulder

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

CaptD

I seem to have acquired more cats, I now live in fear of Environmental Health.

Edited on by CaptD

CaptD

sorteddan

Made it to Chapter 6 this morning so steady progress, the home screen says I'm at 75% so I guess a couple more to go.

I thought the Giant Gadon chase was fairly tense and made me sit up and pay attention but my arcade reflexes was me through first time.

The game is still throwing new systems at me which seems to add to the list of things I have to keep an eye on each day. Now I've got the farm, the fish pools, an underwater farm etc... Just makes the sessions more than double the time they initially were to get through a day.

Out of interest what weapons does anybody else mostly set out with? I tend to use a tranquilizer sniper rifle but am thinking of playing but more with the grenade launcher with may be flame upgrade?

CaptD

@sorteddan I'm using the Red sniper rifle lvl2 although I've just acquired the upgrade materials for lvl 3.
I was a bit worried about the whole blueprint thing because I found a grenade launcher and was too worried about losing my Sniper rifle lvl2 if I were to pick up the launcher. Anyway at some point I did and was happy to find when I returned to the boat that my Sniper rifle lvl2 was still in my loadout box.

CaptD

CaptD

Greetings friends of Dave. The Godzilla dlc is free from May 23 till Nov 23, as noted on the front page of PushSq (just in case you missed it. . )

CaptD

JohnnyShoulder

@CaptD There is also free DLC in Dave for The Dredge, which I have downloaded, but not got to in the game that I'm aware of.

CaptD

Just opened a new swanky bar, it was locked behind an event and the event difficulty was cranked up quite considerably from others of the same type, I got a few BADs during the event and was concerned it was going to be platinum stopper for me but thankfully I still managed it....hand/eye coordination is not what it used to bel

@JohnnyShoulder Cheers, I've decide to hold off on downloading that for now, perhaps post game stuff.

CaptD

sorteddan

@CaptD
Yeah I got that one yesterday but unfortunately I cannot be bothered to staff it or figure out how it works... So for now I've got a lovely empty beach front sushi venue with nothing in it except for some cucumber that the tutorial but made me send. I do hope nobody robs it while I'm away.

Chapter 6 seems to be going on for quite a long time, think I'm at the end of it but it's definitely been more convoluted than previous chapters.

Have you got the tamagotchi thing yet? I assumed I'd just been ignoring it but after checking the phone minigames I don't think I've got access to it. I've upgraded rice paddy and farm plots to max and am one cat feed away from finishing that I think.

CaptD

@sorteddan I've been doing the tamagotchi game for a while now. I just checked the trophy guide (a new one has been published on psnprofiles) and apparently it unlocked after the side mission Stormy Night (check your completed missions). I'm guessing that was a optional night mission, I do remember one which happened on an event night so perhaps you skipped it...you will probably have to wait for a stormy night but do get on it as it is a bit of a grind, very simple though.

As for the side bar, I have it staffed and get around 6k from it per evening. What I do for its food is just send surplus from the fish farm, I'm sure there is a better system (i.e. I don't think they have any veg) but I can't be bothered tbh and it is fine just ticking over. I just staffed it with a few from my waiting area although I did need to hire a manager.

CaptD

sorteddan

@CaptD
Fair. I will try employing some new staff and using half the profits from the branch to upgrade them. I've so far been selling excess fish to expand the fish tanks so I can breed more to sell!
Also just done the cat food trophy and bought sprinklers for the farm and now started chapter 7. Onwards and downwards.

sorteddan

....and Chapter 7 was over almost as quick as it begun. Clear a few rooms, do a boss battle and credits rolled. The final boss battle was fairly straightforward, having a slow time function made it almost too easy.
Still gonna be playing for a bit to get the last 10 or so trophies (obvs) and will check out the free DLCs.
Around 29 hours so far, according to the profile
Really enjoyed Diving with Dave for the most part.

CaptD

Just earned the Dave the Diver platinum, much to the relief of my customers who are getting bored of sea slug and cucumber I'm sure.

What a delightful game with bags of charm. The scope of the game really exceeded my expectations.
My goty so far for 2024, of course I haven't played many of this years' games so make of that what you will.
Hopefully a sequel is on the way as you can never have too many underwater games.

CaptD

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic