Forums

Topic: Your Latest PS4 Purchase

Posts 3,901 to 3,918 of 3,918

Yousef-

@HallowMoonshadow you’re right. I’ve double checked and ME1 did come to ps3, but after ME2 was already out. I meant to imply in my original comment that ME2 was the first ME on sony consoles which is true, but was wrong about OGME1 not being there. That was just me misremembering something Sol told me a while back. Teehee 😝

[Edited by Yousef-]

How to reach me out: 👇👇👇👇
Discord: yousef. (All lowercase with fullstop at the end)
Bluesky: yousef7
Email: [email protected] (don’t worry, it’s my non-private email for chatter)
PSN: Kat170499
You can contact me just to say hi.

Th3solution

@Yousef- It’s possible I lead your astray and may have implied the Legendary Edition was the first time we could get ME1 on PS, as I’m not sure I remembered the a la carte option back then. 😄 But yes, the whole backward released order was a problem on PS3 with ME2 being the first to come.

Maybe if Foxy has a positive ‘first-timer’ impression of the series then you’ll feel more tempted to try the ME world. I know you were on the fence about it. I keep feeling an urge to continue my Renegade FemShep playthrough lately after Chris on Sacred Symbols was talking about his recent playthrough. Although ME1 was the most spruced up in the LE Remaster, ME2 is still a huge jump forward in improvements from a design, gameplay, and writing standpoint.

@HallowMoonshadow - I found that original post where I was trying to sell Yousef on playing ME here:
https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/ps4/looking_for_recommendat...
So if you’re interested in my large scale overview of the series it’s there. As for the romance options, I’m partial to Liara and she’s available to either BroShep or FemShep. She was my interest in ME1 and I’ll probably carry over with her to ME2 because I think I went with Miranda during my first ME2 run with my male Shep and then Liara in ME3… I forget. But I should probably stick with one person through the series this time. 😂 If only there was a harem option like Persona.

Regardless, I’m anxiously awaiting your impressions on the classic series!

[Edited by Th3solution]

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Yousef-

@Th3solution indeed you are right. I’ve been really sitting on the fence about it, pondering over the meaning of life and what we should really do….
Untitled
Oh yeah we’re talking about ME, not me.
Ah yee the more important topic; video games.
Yeah! I’d love to hear her first thoughts! Now that you mention it it’s definitely gonna be encouraging seeing a fellow newcomer.
I believe FemShep was added in the legendary edition of ME1? That’s awesome for me!
What do you mean, “spruced up”?

Th3solution

@Yousef- Lol, right - ME, not me. 😂 You got that right.

And yeah, to clarify some English idiomatic expressions —
“Sitting on the fence” or “Straddling the fence” or basically just being “on the fence” about a certain subject is to be undecided, equivocal, non-committed, or feeling neutral about that subject. I think you may have got that too.

As for something being “spruced up” it means to be enhanced, beatified, groomed or just overall improved, particularly related to appearance.

I was too curious so I looked up where the term “spruce up” came from and found that:
The origin of the term comes from the 1580s, from spruce leather (mid-15c.), a type of leather imported from Prussia into England in the 1400s and 1500s and used there to make a popular style of jerkin that was considered smart-looking. Apparently “Spruce” is a region in Prussia / northeastern modern Germany, so I guess they made good leather there years ago.

So I learned something new too. Since a spruce is a type of evergreen tree (probably also named for that region…?) and I had assumed the term “to spruce something up” came from trimming the tree to make it look better, like for a Christmas tree, but apparently that’s not where the term comes from. Who knew 🤷🏻‍♂️

And yes, somehow a discussion about Mass Effect has turned into lesson about ancient Prussian clothing.

As for Mass Effect 1 - I think FemShep was there all along, but either way, yes, there’s an option to play as man or woman. Speaking of - I know most people play as the gender they identify as, but I like playing as a female sometimes. It depends. Lately I’m playing more as a man in my RPGs that have a character creator, but over the years I’ve probably chosen to have a female avatar just as often. For some reason I’ve yet to do a female in my FromSoft games, as the identity of your character in those games is so completely inconsequential that I barely put much thought into it. But I’m deciding now to do a female for Dark Souls 3. I need to diversify. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Yousef-

@Th3solution I knew what being on the fence meant. Was being playful. Although with how often I wake up with a dry eye that I need to close and not use, it wouldn’t be surprising if I come off like a trrrible reader. I need to see a doctor.

Untitled

Interesting information about spruced up. To me it just sounded like a fusion between spiced up, slurped up and sparse (why is everything in my head food related…?)

Interesting point about male/female. I actually back and forth on that in souls stuff, I think to myself you gotta see as much game content as you can, and what’s not better than straight up switching to a character with entirely different voice lines?

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution Spreading your legs and stretching your legs mean different things entirely.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder 🤣 Exactly!
Stand down, sir. Stand down.

Yousef-

Shafow Man

colonelkilgore

@Yousef- a cross between Shadow man and Shaft I presume 🤔… I’m down 👌

currently residing in PS3 Purgatory

Yousef-

@colonelkilgore I was gonna post in “ps3 purchase”, but I was surprised shadow man was never ported to ps3!

Yousef-

ion fury

Yousef-

@colonelkilgore I bought both

Yousef-

@colonelkilgore I’m silly for not clarifying but yes I did indeed purchase the remaster for the N64 shooter, Shadow Man. I plan to purchase plenty other old N64 shooters. Like Turok

Should ping @Pastellioli because he’s interested in trying out more n64 titles.

JohnnyShoulder

@Yousef- @colonelkilgore Shafow Man sounds like something out of Bo' Selcta!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Yousef-

@JohnnyShoulder …. That is an extremely fitting description.

Yousef-

Rise of the triad
PowerSlave Exhumed

colonelkilgore

Found a couple of nice steelbooks today - Persona 5 for £10 and GTAV (PS3) for £3. I already had the GTAV one but at that price I couldn’t leave it there.

currently residing in PS3 Purgatory

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic