Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,021 to 3,040 of 3,692

Th3solution

@Thrillho What hurts is that I had a chance to pick it up for $20 physical, which means I could resell it for probably $10 if I didn’t like it, but alas, I didn’t pull the trigger. I also think it would be a great PS+ game, so here’s hoping.🤞🏼

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

CJD87

So I’ve had Midnight Suns on my Steam wish list for months now and it just dropped to around 15 £GBP. Been on the fence for a while, but funnily enough I listened to a podcast recently where the hosts were waxing lyrical about just how good this game was… and how unfairly it landed with audiences due to the ‘deck builder’ label.

I love Spire and Inscryption, plus I grew up reading Marvel as a kid…. Seeing all the positive comments in this thread made me finally pull the trigger!

MS now has pride of place in backlog, might look to play concurrently with BG3 (took a brief hiatus in Act2 so I could play and complete The Last Faith)

CJD87

KilloWertz

@RogerRoger @CJD87 Midnight Suns is one of the few games I bought myself for Christmas. We'll see who gets to it first and who gets to it last. Given what I know of releases in the early part of the year (Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and then the physical release of Baldur's Gate 3), I doubt I'll be getting to it before sometime in the summer.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

ximmortalx

im playing returnal !

https://discord.gg/M4msJmE5WQ

https://card.psnprofiles.com/2/OoSk1lleDoO.png

https://www.reddit.com/r/PSTrophyHunters/

Voltan

Started Prince Of Persia: The Lost Crown with a short session on Friday night... and now I'm somehow 18 hours in with 55% completed.
This game rules and I'm definitely going for 100% (might need a guide to scoop up some final pieces of hidden treasure but for now I'm just exploring myself).

Voltan

JohnnyShoulder

@Voltan I liked the demo when I played it, so will definitely get to it at some point.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Voltan

@JohnnyShoulder Thing about the demo is that it puts you at the starting point of the main map (full version also has a short prologue before it that's in a separate location you can't go back to), but also gives you access to some abilities and items that you don't get for a while in the actual game - to give you a better taste of the combat and platforming. I thought that a was pretty smart thing to do.

Voltan

BeyondKnight

Final Fantasy VII Remake Intergrade

Xbox Gamer Tag: RipperKnight

CaptD

Just started Tinykin. What a great little game it is, very chill and relaxing.

CaptD

Matthewnh

In fact, I just unlocked the Platinum trophy, for Hogwarts Legacy, about two hours ago. Found a collection chest I had missed. So, now might be a good time to move on to something else.

Matthew.

PSN: matthewholland

Ravix

Been back on the Hogwarts Legacy train the last few days. I've fallen off the game twice, but after some time away from it, I picked back up where I left off. It's not gripping me like other open world and fantasy games, but it's alright.

Just going to push through with the main story when I next play it and see if anything else grabs my interest on the way.

I'm kind of sleepwalking through combat, enemy variety has peaked, I've long since reached max Wiggenweld potions as they just sit there unused. The spell sets are clunky as anything, and I wish I could just assign everything to the 4 slot and then toggle/scroll through each with everything available, instead of up, down, left, right to switch between 16, and still have to swap in and out the non combat tools, beast tools, and room of requirement type stuff.

My not so bad slytherin is going to end up learning and using curses out of frustration soon, I feel.

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

BookhouseBoy

Playing Alan Wake 2 but I'm about to drop it because it's just mind numbingly boring and a slog to play. The combat is horrible and the endless backtracking to find collectables is soul destroying. I honestly cannot understand how this game got anywhere near being nominated for GOTY

BookhouseBoy

LN78

@BookhouseBoy 100% agree. Add in the obnoxious, abstruse writing, the mind numbing 'mind palace' sections and the annoying character performances and you've essentially summed up the entire "Alan Wake 2" experience. I hated it, too.

LN78

Gamer83

Got a good amount of time in with Tekken 8 today and as a longtime fan of the series, love it so far. Like with other games in the genre, it'll evolve over time, but barring any nonsensical changes, I think it's going to end up being one of my favorites in the series with 3, 5 and Tag 2.

Gamer83

Max_Headroom

BookhouseBoy wrote:

Playing Alan Wake 2 but I'm about to drop it because it's just mind numbingly boring and a slog to play. The combat is horrible and the endless backtracking to find collectables is soul destroying. I honestly cannot understand how this game got anywhere near being nominated for GOTY

Thanks that may have just saved me some money.

Max_Headroom

Gamer83

@BookhouseBoy @LN78
I've heard similar sentiments from other people as well. It's disappointing because I also love Alan Wake 1, have it in my top 10 favorite Xbox 360 games, but this one just seemed off from the start. I've watched some cutscenes and not very impressed where they took the story.

Gamer83

LN78

@Gamer83 I loved the first one (and "Control") as well, which only added to the disappointment. Awful game - and digital only so I couldn't even make a few quid back selling it on eBay.🤣.

[Edited by LN78]

LN78

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic