Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,061 to 3,080 of 3,692

Jimmer-jammer

@Korra @Th3solution Yep! If I’m lucky, I’ll merely be stuck in a corner when I wake.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Bentleyma

I'm playing Granblue Fantasy: Relink and enjoying it quite a bit. I was expecting it to be similar to a Tales game, but you don't travel the world, instead you return to town after finishing each story objective and accept smaller quests at a quest counter. I was disappointed at first, but the gameplay loop is pretty fun and I have Like a Dragon: Infinite Wealth and Persona 3 Reload to fill my massive RPG needs.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

BeyondKnight

@Bentleyma Nice, waiting for my copy of Granblue to come and it looks amazing

Xbox Gamer Tag: RipperKnight

Gamer83

Just rolled the credits on Tekken 8's story mode, The Dark Awakens. Mortal Kombat 9's story mode has finally been topped as my favorite in a fight game, really enjoyed it, especially the final chapter. Having a blast with this game overall. Right there with 3 and 5 as the best in the series.

Gamer83

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore Thanks for the heads up on Deathloop! I’d have likely quit early on and missed out on what has, 18 hours later, turned into a really great game. Took me like 12 hours to finally ‘get’ it but I remembered your experience with it and persevered. Really enjoying it now. Brilliantly designed game, actually.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer yeah it’s a weird one isn’t it? I remember finding most of my experience with it a bit of a trudge and then suddenly really clicking with it at the end. Some great level design from what I recall… and the more I played it, the more at home I felt within each area… and how to best utilise my powers to navigate them.

Glad that you eventually enjoyed it mate, although I’d wager you were cussing me out for the first 12 hours 😅

[Edited by colonelkilgore]

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore @Jimmer-jammer
The problem with Deathloop, as I see it, is that it is a small game (probably initially going to be dlc) that has been stretched into a longer experience by unnecessary rogue lite mechanics.
The game initially is zero fun, the guns are completely useless (headshots do Nowt but annoy the enemy) and only when the rogue lite mechanics have (in essence) been eradicated is it enjoyable.
I did enjoy the game (I loved Dishonoured and Prey) but it is overrated.
As a footnote I think Prey dlc had some of the foundations for Deathloop in it but I haven't played the dlc so could be wrong.

Just my two cents.

CaptD

Jimmer-jammer

@colonelkilgore No cussing! Just wondering when it was going to be, you know, fun. Maybe I’m just slow but it took me a while to wrap my head around what the game is, so for a long time I just felt very aimless. Like, I was collecting leads and moving things forward but not in a way in which I felt like I had achievable goals. Just essentially stumbling through things. Finally it clicked. And you’re right, level design is a cut above.

@CaptD Prey is one of my favourites! I’ve also yet to play Mooncrash so you could very well be correct there. Now that I’ve come this far with it, one thing I do really like about Deathloop’s structure and design, including its roguelite elements, is the journey I’ve taken as a player from feeling helpless and lost to powerful and in full control. Reminds me of a souls game in that sense. My one big complaint remains the rigid objectives. Like, I’ve killed a particular visionary many times now but until I do it the way the game wants me to, it won’t complete the lead. Feels at odds with the open nature of the rest of the game.

BeyondKnight

Playing Persona 4 Golden, wow what an amazing game and port

Xbox Gamer Tag: RipperKnight

Th3solution

With a remarkable lack of fanfare, Skull & Bones is on the verge of release. After 10 years of development hell, I amazed it’s even coming out at all. I’m also surprised it’s seems to be dropping with so little hype or marketing. Perhaps Ubisoft thought they poured an excess budget into the game’s repeated redesign over the years that there’s no money left for marketing. 😅

It was originally planned to come out in 2018, and here we are. Is anyone playing the beta? Personally, it doesn’t look interesting at all, but there’s a morbid curiosity I have because of the beleaguered development.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution I believe there's an open beta starting today - which by itself is a little weird, considering it releases next week or something - how much can they do in a week if it turns out things need fixing?

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan Yeah, the open beta article on the front page got completely buried with all the other news. But even without all the Final Fantasy, Helldivers, Stellar Blade, and Honkai Star Rail news, I just don’t feel any buzz about the game at all (at least around here; I can’t speak for other communities). It’s a somewhat similar vibe to the release of Suicide Squad, although much worse so far, in that it’s a huge online MP AAA game from a storied developer that’s been working on it for many years and has been beaten up repeatedly, whiffing on what the fans want. Suicide Squad seems to be doing okay, so maybe S&B will be alright. I doubt it though

[Edited by Th3solution]

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

oliverp

@gamer83 Oh intresting to read your note about Tekken it seem as such a cool game. Would be nice to give the game a try sometime. Hm can I ask you what your favorite character in the game was? Have you liked played many Tekken games before?

[Edited by oliverp]

oliverp

Gamer83

@oliverp
I've played pretty much every Tekken games and think they're all good but my favorites are 3, 5 and 8.- Of them all, 8 might be the easiest for new players to jump into. As much as I play the games, I'm not big on the online competitive scene, mostly just stick to offline modes so there isn't just one particular character I like, there are several. My top 5 are Jin, Nina, Jun, Asuka and one of the new fighters in 8, Azucena.

Gamer83

JohnnyShoulder

@Gamer83 What would you say is the best of the recent fighting games for offline play? I see the main 3 all have made an effort on that front. I like what I read the other day that the tutorial is baked into one of the story modes in Tekken 8, if I remember that correctly.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Gamer83

I haven't played Mortal Kombat 1 since I didn't care for X or, especially, 11, but out of Street Fighter 6 and Tekken 8, both are phenomenal games with a good amount of content for offline play. I like Tekken 8's a little better but SF 6 does have a story mode that is very comparable to the way Yakuza games are set up. It's very difficult for me to recommend one over the other, you really can't go wrong with either and it mostly comes down to if you prefer 3D or 2D fighting games.

Gamer83

JohnnyShoulder

@Gamer83 OK cheers. I've played Mortal Kombat X, but fell off it quite quickly. I might give that another go, as I may have not been in the right mood. And then go from there, if that clicks I shall see about something more recent.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Bentleyma

I'm still making my way through Persona 3 Reload and enjoying myself a lot. To me playing a new Persona game is an experience. Also bought Helldivers 2 on a whim. I like what I've played so far, but I got off to a bad start because the game closed due to an error as I was about to extract from the first mission I played.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Jimmer-jammer I see you're enjoying some new-fangled Rogue-lite type of game called Deathloop! What stage of that game are you at now? I see you have been praising it's gameplay and mechanics, and others have said it has been stretched from a dlc-sized experience to a longer game. Would you agree with that? Would you recommend that game? I am still ploughing on in DeS.

Man, the max build is a real commitment! 85 of 99 Vit now, up from 50, so almost done with that stat, then just End & Str to focus on. (25 to 40 & 34 to 66) so won't take as long as Vit did, respectively. Then I can actually enjoy the game with an op build.

On a plus note, I read that Vit can never be soul-sucked by Allant, so I'll never be able to lose any of those levels!

[Edited by BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN]

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Kraven

I’m currently playing through FF7 Remake to get myself prepped for Rebirth. I haven’t had a lot of time to play due to work and family obligations, but I should be able to beat it sometime before the sequel releases.

Kraven

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic