Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,621 to 3,640 of 3,655

LieutenantFatman

@BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN
Hey, pretty good, thanks! How are you?
I've been playing video games less than I used to but getting back into it a bit more now.
Yes, Warhammer is the hobby I'm most into currently.

LieutenantFatman

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@LieutenantFatman Good too thanks, good to see you back on here and glad that we could both rediscover our love for gaming at around the same time!. šŸ˜ƒ

"I think the best art doesnā€™t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Elodin

I have been playing quite a few games depending on my mood. I usually don't juggle 4 games but I'm waiting for one to take hold. I'm playing Star Wars Outlaws(enjoying the atmosphere), V Rising (fun Hadesesque game with cool castle builds), MLB the Show 24 (thank you psplus.first baseball game for PS5 for me), and Quidditch(decent idea, not a fan of the visuals. Gameplay Does remind me of Blitzball from Final Fantasy 10 a bit).

Elodin

Bentleyma

I currently have 3 main games on the go. Astro Bot, Star Wars Outlaws and Visions of Mana. I'm also playing through Black Myth: Wukong, but because I'm finding it quite difficult I'm treating as more of a side game. I don't normally like to play more than one main game at a time, but I'm off work for the next week, so I'm hoping I can get them all finished... With the exception of Black Myth: Wukong.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

JohnnyShoulder

Playing Prodeus, which is my first boomer shooter of recent times. It is fun so far, but not sure if it will hold my interset for the whole of the game. The sound effects are brill though with juicy obliterations and booming gun shots.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ravix

Star Wars Outlaws and Astro Bot seem like they will be the go to games for a while. Astro will be fun in small doses. I thought I was super cool for finding the first few hidden areas, before on planet 2 I missed some and felt old and confused at how I'd managed to miss some stuff šŸ˜…

But we shall persevere to leave no Bot behind šŸ„²

[Edited by Ravix]

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
āš”ļøšŸ›”šŸŽ

lotan666

Slowly going through Black Myth: Wukong. It's sometimes punishing for a casual gamer like me but also very satisfying. I've just finished Chapter 2 (including all secret bosses) and while I'm still rather doubtful I'll be able to finish the game, I'm enjoying myself

[Edited by lotan666]

lotan666

MrPeanutbutterz

Astro Bot, but I'm considering parking it for now. The audio mix is poor. The sound effects seem unbalanced - when he punches something it's barely audible (especially when compared to Playroom), and when he gets killed his little yelp is usually loud and shrill.

MrPeanutbutterz

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

Started farming in Elden Ring this morning. That platinum is a long way away but certainly attainable!

"I think the best art doesnā€™t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

Khwarezm89

Currently I'm playing Astro Bot and Black Myth: Wukong together. What a perfect mix, Wukong sometimes is getting more intense so when I need to wind down I open Astro Bot and chill.

Khwarezm89

PSN: Khwarezm_89

Kraven

I finally beat Black Myth Wukong and managed to get most trophies. I started a NG+ last night to mop up the remaining trophies that can only be obtained via NG+, but I might take a break because Iā€™m feeling burned out. Right now, Iā€™m in between games ā€” Astro Bot, which my daughter is actually playing rather than me, but Iā€™ll probably play it myself eventually and get the platinum. I also picked up Space Marine 2 and itā€™s okay so far. It feels a little too stiff, and Iā€™m not a fan of the controls and the parry system, but Iā€™m sure Iā€™ll get used to it soon.

[Edited by Kraven]

Kraven

Elodin

@Khwarezm89 I'm enjoying it. A good mix between hades and survival. I'm only playing solo. I'm sure the experience is even better pve or pvp. I like that you can choose your magic style and switch weapons on the fly. It hasnt gotten too repetative yet and the grind is not to bad. Id recommend it on a sale.

Elodin

puddinggirl

Unicorn Overlord and Astro Bot.

I thought I was a graphics whore until I got to know games like UO. The art is so endearing and the game is so addictive. Man, Vanillaware is ingenious.

puddinggirl

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

Still farming in Elden Ring. Found a sweet farming spot with some powerful but slow enemies that drop about 1k runes per enemy. That's more like it! OP Str Build here I come!

JohnnyShoulder

@BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN As you like farming so much, have you tried any of the Farming Simulator games? šŸ¤£

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@JohnnyShoulder Excellent notion, perhaps we cold combine the two disciplines - goats, sheep...and souls!

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution @Jimmer-jammer Since these are both games you have mentioned before, Jim, I know you've played both in your case, I thought I'd mention the two of you here. Sol, if you play Rise of the Ronin before your next Souls game, or particularly with regard to Elden Ring, I think if you can crack the combat in Rise you will find your next Souls game much easier. After RotR, in my case, I am hardlly dying at all whilst farming early on in ER, and I was dying quite often at the start of my playthru of Demon's Souls and the previous Souls games I played. Something about muscle memory, and transferable skills, perhaps?

Jim, I know what you're gonna say., the bosses in ER are a different story to just farming, but with an op build and the fact that I will be using spirit ashes, which the game is balanced around, I still think I will have a much easier time with it than with RotR, and no, I'm not gonna be playing the dlc.

[Edited by BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN]

Th3solution

@BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN Iā€™m glad things are going smoothly so far. Thatā€™s interesting that you feel like RotR has helped your ER skills. I wonder if itā€™s helped in the ā€œgit gudā€ aspects of Souls combat, or if itā€™s just a matter of acclimatization to a certain level of difficulty or challenge. Perhaps itā€™s forced you to consider parrying as a legitimate combat technique. Iā€™ve never really become adept at parry skills, despite their inclusion in the Souls genre, mostly because dodge roll has always been an option, as well as simply blocking with a shield. My understanding is that RotR, like Sekiro, has more reliance on parrying?

But Iā€™ve never really thought about that overall principle of playing a certain game sometimes makes you better at an unrelated game. As I consider this, I do think the contrasting factor is in effect in my gameplay experience ā€” that is, playing Souls games has made me better at, or at least more patient with, other games. Within the last year Iā€™ve played some games with action-heavy combat like: Final Fantasy XVI, Sifu, Hogwarts Legacy, Deathā€™s Door, Immortals of Aveum, and Spider-Man 2. Outside of Sifu, these games werenā€™t particularly difficult, but I found myself approaching combat, especially bosses, in a ā€˜Souls-likeā€™ mindset. In other words, I didnā€™t get too terribly frustrated if I died, and I tried to be tactical and patient during large encounters, playing defensively when necessary, and trying to be aware of my environment at all times. I think thereā€™s even something to be said about games fine-tuning oneā€™s reaction and response time, and Iā€™ve played some really ā€˜fast twitchā€™ games like Gran Turismo 7 or Returnal and then gone back to some unrelated genre like Resident Evil or Mass Effect and I definitely felt like the combat was going in slow motion. So perhaps thatā€™s another thing that has helped in the case of RotR being more fast-paced and polishing your reflexes and instincts.

[Edited by Th3solution]

ā€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.ā€

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic