Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 241 to 252 of 252

Yousef-

@BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN my friend (who’s a vet too) seems to enjoy it, but doesn’t enjoy the voice acting much.

How to reach me out: 👇👇👇👇
Discord: yousef. (All lowercase with fullstop at the end)
Bluesky: yousef7
Email: [email protected] (don’t worry, it’s my non-private email for chatter)
PSN: Kat170499
You can contact me just to say hi.

colonelkilgore

@BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN yeah I’ll deffo post about it when I get to it. Currently trying to twist the missus arm into spending our next few weekends playing it together.

currently residing in PS3 Purgatory

Yousef-

Sparing zero

How to reach me out: 👇👇👇👇
Discord: yousef. (All lowercase with fullstop at the end)
Bluesky: yousef7
Email: [email protected] (don’t worry, it’s my non-private email for chatter)
You can contact me just to say hi.

BeyondKnight

Silent Hill 2 Remake

Xbox Gamer Tag: RipperKnight

colonelkilgore

Just picked up Alone in the Dark for £20. It didn’t seem to review as well as I was hoping but I have heard decent things from gamers pretty consistently since it released. Looks pretty cool.

PorkChopExpress

@colonelkilgore That's a really reasonable price for a relatively new game. Unfortunately it might be a direct correlation to its quality, but I liked the demo it had, and I'm looking to pick it up when it hits that price. I have a digital PS5 so I walled myself in to Sony's garden.

PorkChopExpress

PorkChopExpress

@colonelkilgore Oh, nice! I'll watch that later. Or, more likely, listen, so I don't spoil anything visual for myself.

It's good to be made aware of things in objective reviews, but I often don't care at all about technical imperfections like, say, rigid facial animations, or such things. Atmosphere can count for a lot and if I can enjoy the story, most other things don't matter to me. That's why I enjoy Ubisoft games so much, because the core loop, gameplay style and stories are fun for me. Spiderman, for example would objectively step above any give AC game technically, but not in the things that matter to me. Anyway, I think Alone in the Dark is a game I'll enjoy when I can get it for a desirable price. And it has David Harbour in it, so that's a +1 right out of the gate!

[Edited by PorkChopExpress]

PorkChopExpress

Bentleyma

@colonelkilgore Alone in the Dark really clicked with me and I definitely think it's worth £20. I played through it back to back with both characters and that's something I rarely do. I'd be interested to hear what you think of it once you get round to it.

[Edited by Bentleyma]

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

@Bentleyma good to hear further positivity about this game… it really does seem like it got done a bit dirty at review time, which is a shame.

Oh well, it’ll probably be around 4 years ish until I get around to it, as I want to get through all the Resident Evil games first 😅… so apologies in advance if I forget to tag you when I eventually get around to it. I’ll try to remember though 😉

colonelkilgore

@Bentleyma could well be mate… I’ve only recently clicked with Survival Horror (with the Dead Space games), so I have a load to catch up on. All the RE’s, Silent Hill 2 Remake (and hopefully further remakes in the series), the Evil Within games, the Daymare games, Alone in the Dark and I’m probably missing some too. The maximum I can fit in is two per year… so it’s gonna take a while 😅

[Edited by colonelkilgore]

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic