Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 4,341 to 4,360 of 8,134

colonelkilgore

@zupertramp

“I had a rough night and I hate the ***** Eagles, man.” The Dude or Duder, his Dudeness or El Duderino... if you’re not into the whole brevity thing

**** DLC!

nessisonett

@zupertramp Do The Eagles possess any memorable enough traits to be anybody’s favourite band? It’s like saying plain porridge oats are your favourite food 😉

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

zupertramp

@nessisonett a literal laugh out loud. Thanks for that.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

ralphdibny

@nessisonett I thought all the different fighting styles going up against eachother was really interesting. I don't think it's something you'd see in real life these days because people use mixed martial arts

@zupertramp haha I'm so sorry for bringing up these films, I think I just have an old fashioned taste in movies

See ya!

kyleforrester87

Films I watched this holiday:

Fatman
Unhinged
Possessor
Planes, Trains & Automobiles
The Great Outdoors
Don’t Breathe
Peninsula

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

zupertramp

@ralphdibny Not a problem at all. Nostalgic in fact. Don't talk to my parents anymore so makes me think of better times. Or at least times far enough in the distant past that I can remember them positively lol.

@kyleforrester87 Planes, Trains & Automobiles never gets old. Such a fantastic comedy. Also thought Don't Breathe was a really good thriller/scary movie. And I'm kind of hard to please in that department. Curious how Fatman is. It sounds a little bizarre.

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

ralphdibny

@kyleforrester87 I need to watch planes trains and automobiles on Netflix, there's a couple of bods from my work who look like Steve Martin and John candy so it's really been reminding me of that film!

@TheIdleCritic ah yeah! I think I've seen the first one but it was a long time ago, possibly when it first came out and I didn't keep up with the series

See ya!

kyleforrester87

@zupertramp I didn’t rate Dont Breathe that highly really, but I was impressed with Unhinged. It’s pretty silly but it really sucked me in lol. Fatman was ok, I quite like Mel Gibson as he’s getting older so it got extra points for that.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

ralphdibny

@Arugula lockout was a weird one as i am sure there was rumours flying about at the time of a sequel to escape from New York and escape from LA that was going to be called escape from space. Then lockout came out, I'm not sure if it was the same film but rewritten or recast or somebody just took the idea and made a film out of it

See ya!

zupertramp

Just saw Tenet. And now there's a Nolan film I can say, without a doubt, I hate.

Action scenes - Bad. Dialogue - Indecipherable. Plot - Nonsensical. Characters - Paper Thin. Motivations - Who TF knows. It wasn't even that impressive on a technical level.

Also I guess people have gotten into trouble for saying this but John David Washington isn't that good. He's just so bland. He really seemed fine in BlacKkKlansman but his lack of charisma (or just some expression of any kind) is on full display here.

Ugh, I could have hate watched WW84 but chose this instead.

colonelkilgore

@zupertramp

Yeah I'm inclined to agree. I braved a visit to a cinema last August as I'm normally just such a fan of Nolan.

In fairness, it did 'hold' my interest as I think I was so focused on constantly trying to work out what was going on... pretty unsuccessfully I might add.

I agree about Washington too, he really does seem to have nothing going for him to suggest that he should be a leading actor... apart from the fact that Denzel is his father.

On another note though, I thought it was another good performance from Robert Pattinson. Both in Tenet and Good Time he has been excellent and bodes well for The Batman.

**** DLC!

Blooper987

I just thought of this! What do you guys think is the possibility of some Studio Ghibli movies coming to Disney+? Currently there’s almost no anime content on there, and I think that Ghibli could be the best choice for Disney to take.

colonelkilgore

@Blooper987 of all anime Ghibli would undoubtedly be the best fit, havent heard anything about Disney even considering buying up any anime studios though. They seem to be fully focused on Marvel and Star Wars D+ shows right now.

Still once they have a steady 'stream' of them, I imagine that they would look to other areas to strengthen their overall package.

[Edited by colonelkilgore]

**** DLC!

zupertramp

@Blooper987 @colonelkilgore are there not disney releases of some of their films. I was under the impression the English dubbed versions were in cooperation with disney. Maybe i just made that up in my head.

nessisonett

@Blooper987 They’re already all on UK Netflix which was a pretty big deal so I’m not sure if Disney will try to outbid them. I think HBO Max has them all in the US which again, was a big deal and Disney would have to outbid them.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

colonelkilgore

@zupertramp

Yeah I think you’re right that there was ‘some’ co-operation... just how much leverage that would give Disney in any potential purchase is another matter. Don’t get me wrong, I’d like them on Disney+ but with how 2020 impacted them, I’d imagine that they are going to be a tad more careful than previous in regards to making big purchases.

**** DLC!

KidRyan

I started re-watching all four original Karate Kid movies recently, to prep myself for a Cobra Kai marathon on NetFlix.

Just finished the 1st movie, 20+ minutes into The Karate Kid II. I'll be honest, so far haven't remembered much at all, so it's like watching them for the first time!

My Anime List | My Video Game Collection

Discord ID: KidRyan89 | Telegram ID: KidRyan

PSN: KidRyan89 | Twitter:

TheIdleCritic

@KidBoruto It's the trilogy that made up my childhood. Episodes 4 + 5 of Cobra Kai Season 3 made me tear up. I'm sure we'd all like to go back to simpler times.

Also... don't bother with 4 again. It wasn't good then, it won't be good now.

[Edited by TheIdleCritic]

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic