Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 4,601 to 4,620 of 8,083

Jaz007

@RogerRoger I haven’t seen it yet, but I enjoyed your opinions on the previous films, so I was going use them to factor how in much of a priority to make it. I’m definitely interested.

Jaz007

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder I’m afraid any jokes about doggy style and b****es might be a little blue for this site.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

So for the Snyder Cut, are there black bars on the the sides for the whole film or just during certain scenes?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder The whole film, it’s just made that way. I really like it to be honest, gives it a sorta timeless feel.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett Eeeesh, they sure are trying their hardest to make me wanna not see the film.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

Voltan

I need some Godzilla v Kong in my life and obviously there's no way I can see it anytime soon (not a legit one anyway).
Big fan of giant monsters smashing cities and stuff.

Voltan

TheFrenchiestFry

@JohnnyShoulder Entire movie

The film was preserved in the 4:3 ratio because it's the standard viewing ratio for IMAX screens

It's honestly one of those things where it's noticeable for like the first hour and then you just kind of forget it's there. In my opinion the way the film was shot perfectly accomodates for more of the vertical frame

TheFrenchiestFry

PSN: phantom_sees

TheFrenchiestFry

@RogerRoger Transformers The Last Knight was practically completely unwatchable for me because of the constant switching between aspect ratios during the same scene

I hear that the IMAX remastered version of BvS Ultimate Edition also switches between conventional digital camera shots and scenes that were specifically filmed for IMAX that are displayed in 4:3 for the full frame like the Knightmare sequence

[Edited by TheFrenchiestFry]

TheFrenchiestFry

nessisonett

I like how The Grand Budapest Hotel uses the changing aspect ratios to convey the different time periods. It makes a lot of sense thematically too.

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett @TheFrenchiestFry @RogerRoger Yeah I'll still watch it but I may prioritise other films when it is available. Certain films have used the switching of aspect ratio to good effect, but I agree it can be jarring sometimes when it happens.

TheFrenchiestFry

I like how Steve Jobs (the Michael Fassbender one) switches formats depending on which point in Apple's history the narrative is currently centered around

TheFrenchiestFry

JohnnyShoulder

Whilst on the subject of films that switch aspect ratio, The Mauritanian uses it to quite good effect. The film does sag a bit in the middle I found, but i felt strongly moved after watching it. A good cast who all do well, but Tahar Rahim (who was also great in the recent BBC series The Serpent) shines above them as the suspected 9/11 terrorist imprisoned at Guantanamo Bay. Worth a watch.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Tahar Rahim was amazing in The Serpent. He’s a consistently gripping actor though, brilliant in A Prophet too.

Jackpaza0508

So I watched Pretending I'm a Superman: The Tony Hawk Game Story and while they didn't mention everything like the change of devs from NeverSoft to Robomodo, it was still really interesting! Highly recommend!

He/Him

nessisonett

@Jackpaza0508 Yeah, I watched that last year and really enjoyed it too. Tony Hawk Pro Skater 4 was one of the first games I got really into and I skate quite a bit irl so it was amazing seeing all these icons together again.

nessisonett

Rumours abounding that Tobey Maguire’s coming back for Spider-Man 4 as a Doctor Strange spinoff. It sounds like BS but it’s gaining an awful lot of traction.

JohnnyShoulder

New DC animated movie trailer. Looks like a slighty new art style for them, not one I've seen anyway (admittedly I've not seen them all). Not read the comic either, although it is on my list. I will probably read it after I've seen the film, otherwise I'll end up picking holes in the film where they have changed stuff.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder The comic’s fantastic so I’m looking forward to this one. Might wait until both parts release though.

TheFrenchiestFry

The Calendar Man voice was ON POINT

I actually dig the art style. It's hard to look at it and sometimes not think of Archer but I think it looks suitably graphic novel-esque

TheFrenchiestFry

zupertramp

@JohnnyShoulder looks good.

I liked the comic but Tim Sale's artwork is atrocious in my opinion (his catwoman, my god wtf!). So I look forward to this. Could provide a substantial improvement provided they don't muck up the story too much.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic