Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 2,281 to 2,300 of 2,527

colonelkilgore

@BAMozzy We all understand it’s by design… which is essentially boredom by design. That’s like saying Redfall is rubbish by design, as when the devs approached Microsoft to tell them it should be cancelled due to its lack of quality, Microsoft saw what the game was and told them to carry on regardless. I suppose anything that is rubbish should be excused by this logic… which, actually explains a thing or two tbh.

The point that’s been raised is when players who spent money on the game have rated it poorly due to feeling bored, devs/publishers/platform-holders jump in to tell them they’re wrong. Surely these paying customers are entitled to their opinion. If you can’t see any issue with that… well just keep hammering your keyboard into submission I suppose.

[Edited by colonelkilgore]

currently residing in PS3 Purgatory

R1spam

@Ralizah there are resources for mining, spaces to build bases, set up cargo links and use the resources and money generated to undertake research for new weapons and armour mods, ship components and extra ships etc. It felt to me like fallout 4 base building in that people who love it go all in but for others, it can largely be ignored! I didnt really engage with those systems very much to be honest.

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

Ralizah

@R1spam Ah, base-building.

Ugh.

Thanks for answering.

Currently Playing: Fields of Mistria (PC); Cookie Clicker (PC); Metaphor: ReFantazio (PC); Overboard! (PC)

Ugh. Men.

PSN: Ralizah

R1spam

@colonelkilgore have you played the game bud? I clocked 60 hrs in it and completed the main quest, a couple of faction quests and some side quests and have barely thought about it since! It certainly seems to have stuck with you more.

colonelkilgore

@R1spam no I haven’t… but I’m not debating the quality or lack there of of it. My point is… that seems to be missed by some people is, that paying customers are entitled to their opinions. Hence my original post on the matter:

colonelkilgore wrote:

Those ai-generated responses to steam players whom left a negative Starfield review are priceless 🤣:
Some of Starfield's planets are meant to be empty by design - but that's not boring. "When the astronauts went to the moon, there was nothing there. They certainly weren't bored."

That in no way is me critiquing that the moon is baron, that is me critiquing a company questioning the legitimacy of its market-audience views on the product. I honestly thought it was pretty obvious tbh… but obviously not. See my sig to reinforce this notion.

When a review outlet gives a hyped/liked game a bad review (ie stevivor with any PlayStation exclusive that isn’t Spider-man for instance)… if gamers challenge the review outlets view, they are shouted down by people decrying that they’re entitled to their opinion. Now Bethesda is actually approaching paying customers who have rated their game to be poor, to tell them they’re wrong… can you not see the hypocrisy?

R1spam

@colonelkilgore replying to user reviews with AI-esque generated text is straight cringe, no doubt. I just couldn't muster so much energy about a game thar I've never played. I've played it and can't, It's too mid to deserve it 🤣! With regards to scores and system bias, to be honest the last few bigger reviews on this site have completely brought me round on whether there should be a score on a review. I've always thought reviews should have scores. Yet comments for reviews are a whole barrage of people who haven't yet played the game and can't have an opinion on the game, commenting about whether they think the score is right. I find myself pushed more and more away from it and towards video content (like your boy shill up) as at least I can see for myself what the game is like.

Ralizah

@R1spam I know it's not technically mandated, but the base-building stuff was a tedious waste of time in Fallout 4 and is a big part of why I bounced off that game so hard. Hate that they doubled down on it here.

Currently Playing: Fields of Mistria (PC); Cookie Clicker (PC); Metaphor: ReFantazio (PC); Overboard! (PC)

Ugh. Men.

colonelkilgore

@R1spam any energy you think I’ve expended is purely as a result of @BAMozzy’s wilful ignorance and continued straw man defence if you read the full conversation. Also, I’m not the one typing War and Peace with every post 🤣, so if we’re talking wasted energy… ‘maybe’ you’re tagging the wrong dude tbh! I just personally find the whole Game of the Generation-farce absolutely hilarious tbh and love a good laugh.

To your point about review scores, I generally like a review score to be given on the whole… it helps people who are pushed for time to gain an understanding of the games quality, albeit a less informed perspective than if you had actually read the review in full. I get you though, review scores seem to be so scatter-shot these days that it kinda renders them useless.

Ralizah

I feel like the internet is having a moment with regard to Starfield, like it does en masse with other games.

Microsoft should commission a Starfield anime series by Studio Trigger and patch it a bit so that public opinion can magically turn around and retcon the numerous complaints at the time that had nothing to do with bugs or console performance.

Ugh. Men.

colonelkilgore

@Ralizah it’s pretty obvious this ‘moment’ is mostly down to the game of the generation/messianic rhetoric that was trotted out on masse by most hardcore Xbox-ers prior to its launch. If it wasn’t built up to be something that pretty much no game could actually be… it wouldn’t be as hilarious as it now is. This ain’t triggered… this is just most of the gaming community (who ain’t x-bots) in constant fits of hysterical laughter with each new news cycle 🤣.

Ralizah

@colonelkilgore I never got that sense. The tone of the rhetoric I noticed was people hoping and praying it WAS a big moment for Microsoft again after a string of bad releases and publicity prior to launch. Hopes peaked after a pretty good pre-release Direct that made the game look pretty cool.

Then again, I'm also not invested in console warrior nonsense ("X-bots;" c'mon lol).

Ugh. Men.

colonelkilgore

@Ralizah x-bots-x-shmots, it doesn’t matter what term is used for people who post unrealistic rhetoric… whether you personally read/viewed it or not. As it goes, I was actually someone who while a predominantly PlayStation gamer was still interested in Starfield regardless of the pre-release hype beyond all hype… but the way it all played out just tickles my funny bone.

colonelkilgore

@Ralizah Mon 13th Nov 2023
Starfield was nearly totally snubbed lol. Won't get any actual awards, since there's not a ghost of a chance BG3 doesn't win best RPG…

Guess you found it at least a little funny too huh 😉

Ralizah

@colonelkilgore Don't get me wrong: there's a cruel b*tch inside of me that found the sequence of events leading up to Starfield being TOTALLY snubbed at TGA to be extremely funny. It just feels like one of those situations where the rhetoric around it can't be trusted for a while.

I was initially going to play it on Game Pass, but eh...

Ugh. Men.

Ralizah

@colonelkilgore lmao

It makes me want to do mean things with the name. I'm still fond of "Horizon Zero Awards" after HZD was mostly ignored in 2017 after being hyped up as a Zelda Killer.

Starfailed, maybe?

[Edited by Ralizah]

Ugh. Men.

colonelkilgore

@Ralizah cruel-away… with the **** that is actually happening in the world today, a little spice spread here and there about video games is little more than a distraction from the horrors of the real anyway.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic