Forums

Topic: Official Push Square Xbox Thread

Posts 2,381 to 2,400 of 2,527

BAMozzy

@render @colonelkilgore you have to see from a Consumer perspective. I have both a PS5 and a Series X as well as a Gaming Laptop (with RTX3080ti) and a RoG Ally so why spend Β£70 to play CoD on PS5 when I can play it for Free on Xbox AND PC. In other words, I can play it on Console, PC and handhelds at no 'extra' cost.

What 'incentive' do I have to play on PS - whether they release Day/Date or not. The fact is that all those games coming to Game Pass means that I can play ALL the games I want without worrying too much about my Financial situation. I can play Stalker 2, BO6, Avowed, Indiana Jones etc at no extra cost - not have to decide whether to buy Assassins Creed 'or' Indiana Jones or Avowed etc.

As this is a Playstation site, its not as if you are being 'forced' to buy Xbox or forced to subscribe to Game Pass to play. You can still play on your favourite Platform but the purpose of my post was to show how it 'benefits' Xbox and Xbox customers. You all say its 'bad' for Xbox to release their games on Playstation as that means Gamers have 'no' incentive to play on Xbox - yet clearly they believe that Play Anywhere and Day 1 access via a Subscription is a big incentive offering a 'better' value way to play these Games.

I couldn't care less that Doom is remaining a multi-platform IP - it makes total sense to me, same with CoD and 'Parity' on Content. You don't split and anger a portion of your 'community' of fans by treating them differently based on hardware preference. I was just trying to show how this benefits Xbox/PC gamers. I bought Doom and CoD on Playstation in the past but now it seems unlikely I'll play these on my PS5 as I can play for 'free' on PC/Xbox. Point is, whether games come to PS5 or not, there is still an 'incentive' to play on PC/Xbox - and PC also gets Sony's Games too and a much bigger Library of Games to play, so why buy a Console at all in the future??

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

render

@BAMozzy I heard that every screen is an xbox so shouldn't that mean I get the PS5 version of the game included with the xbox/PC version? Anyway congrats on the awesome showcase the other night and great interview afterwards. When everyone plays we all win πŸ’ͺ

render

BAMozzy

@render It would be great if you could just buy the game 'once' and play on ANY hardware - but Sony certainly wouldn't approve of you playing on PS5 but buying games/content through MS store and not getting their '30%' cut. With a game like CoD for example with multiple Season Passes, Bundles, CoD points etc, that could be a LOT of lost revenue for Sony. They'd not want or allow MS to release CoD on PS5 if they can't make some money from it.

As someone with the 3 main Platforms CoD releases on, the fact that I can play on both PC (3080 Laptop and RoG Ally) and Series X at no extra cost with my save and content (inc Season Pass) gives me far more options. PS5 isn't a 'screen' really and if you can connect a PS5, you can connect a Series S/X to play on that 'display'. With Cloud and Samsung TV's, you could play on the screen you have your PS5 connected to without needing to buy an Xbox. I also have a EGPU Dock for the RoG Ally.

I'm just glad that games like CoD and Doom are playable on PS5 too with no issues over Content or release windows. MS 'could' have made these 'timed' or with Extra content for Xbox/PC - annoying all Playstation gamers but they aren't. They have 'incentives' to encourage you to play on PC/Xbox - like Game Pass and Play Anywhere - but if you want to play on PS, you can. The 'incentive' to play on PS5 maybe DS5 and its features, but I'd rather play for Free on Xbox/PC than spend Β£70 and only play on PS5 hardware...

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

render

@BAMozzy Shame on you Sony. Guess they just aren't generous enough to forgo their 30% so that they can bring the joy and community of gaming to everyone! On a plus point Uncle Satya must pay well, congrats on the extensive hardware collection.

render

BAMozzy

@colonelkilgore What I meant by Consumer was the 'general' consumer who has no allegiance or fanboyism perspective. Those 'consumers' at the extreme end - regardless of whether Playstation or Xbox, they won't buy the other regardless and they are the ones most likely whining about exclusivity (or lack of in some cases). We've seen it recently with Sony Fanboys whining about Lego Horizons on Switch/PC day/date or Xbox fanboys complaining about games releasing on PS5 day/date.

Its only FANBOYS I see whining about the situation - inc Xbox Fanboys who think that this means Xbox has 'no incentives' for them if these games release on PS5 too. So I meant the more 'general consumer' that isn't a Fanboy and therefore not look at things as objectively. Yes they are still consumers, but they don't tend to be as Objective. If they are a Xbox Fanboy, they'll buy an Xbox regardless but still whine about MS releasing on PS5 for example and think that MS has 'no incentives' for them.

BAMozzy

@render Sony could release every game on Xbox and get their '70%' of money from Games to reinvest into their platform too - but I guess they'd rather not give MS 30% for allowing them to sell their IP's on Xbox. Sony obviously believe its 'better' for them to keep those games away from Xbox so Sony Fanboys have something to justify buying a PS5 for and not 'help' MS in any way.

Its a traditional business model, so I don't fault them. MS too will still have exclusives (timed or otherwise) for the same reasons. You talk about the joy and community aspect but they aren't 'splitting' Communities up by giving 'extras' to those on specific consoles - inc XP bonuses to make games 'less grindy', extra missions/modes etc. If you are CoD fan, you'll still get to play Day 1, still get all the same Content and same experience...

render

@BAMozzy Don't know why but I suddenly wondered what the xbox after show party must have been like. I bet Matt was there shaking his 'booty' and Sarah was putting herself about trying to 'bond' with all the guests... haha 🀣. Great chatting thou and feel free to send us a team xbox signed photo if you get the chance.

render

Ravix

Did someone just start a mass debate with themselves? Thread took a very fun turn 😁 as before we were all just chatting about how good Xbox did with their showcase anyway πŸ˜…

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
βš”οΈπŸ›‘πŸŽ

colonelkilgore

@Ravix yup, self-awareness isn’t one of his strengths

currently residing in PS3 Purgatory

CaptD

@render I heard a rumour that Greenberg wasn't there as Phil revoked his VIP privileges after the last party. Apparently he used his infamous wink once too often.

CaptD

JohnnyShoulder

Untitled

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

render

@CaptD And you think he would have learnt from the time before when he was shown the door for throwing the X sign and knocking over the cases of champagne bottles πŸ˜‚

render

CaptD

@render I can see him throwing mad X shapes on the dance floor, there was literally murder on the dance floor and he certainly did kill the groove.
At this point I will grab my coat and depart this thread.

Anyone watching the ubi show? I'm praying for some Splinter Cell and Far Cry wouldn't be too bad. Don't really want to see (ie spoiler) any more Star Wars.

CaptD

CaptD

This just popped in my YouTube feed, "can Xbox dethrone PlayStation?"
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=L3-w9OvwUIU
Fascinating bit of history and I won't say what I think about some skateboarding through the office corridors.

CaptD

Yousef-

Yeah I was recommended this too just the other day.

How to reach me out: πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡
Discord: yousef. (All lowercase with fullstop at the end)

BAMozzy

@CaptD The way it's going, I doubt 'Xbox' as a Console will ever dethrone Playstation in terms of Sales and I wonder whether MS will continue to 'compete' in the Console market beyond this generation.

MS aren't making people want an Xbox Specifically 'today' even if you 'want' to play their Exclusives. Just because you can't play them on Playstation for example, doesn't mean you 'must' own an Xbox Console to play as they are released on PC/Steam (so playable on SteamDeck 'consoles') and of course on Cloud (not the 'best' option, but a cheap option). If you own a Steam Deck or PC for example, what incentive do you have to buy an Xbox too. When Sony have an Exclusive, you have to buy a Playstation or 'miss-out' (until Sony bring it to PC)

With MS also talking about Steam/Epic stores on their Hardware, trying to 'compete' with increasingly 'cheaper' PC's and Handheld PC's, it seems more 'likely' MS will merge Console and their 'Surface' PC Hardware division and make a Surface Handheld PC and/or surface X Box PC to plug into a Display (like a Console) but are 'PC's - not 'locked' Console platforms.

Therefore I can see MS not even Competing with Sony Playstations anymore, not technically in that Console market. When gamers have a choice of a Β£500 console only playing a selection of the games a Β£500 'Handheld PC' can play with its own screen built in - inc EVERY game the Β£500 console does, that gamer isn't going to buy 'both'. It makes more sense to buy a handheld PC and PS5 for example, maybe buy a PS5 and play any Xbox games that appeal over the Cloud on your Samsung TV.

I don't know if MS will make a new gen console or not, but I doubt they'll ever catch Playstation as they certainly aren't prioritising that platform. To play a Playstation game - like Spider-Man 2, Wolverine, Horizon, God of War etc 'day 1', the only option is to buy a Playstation. That's what Sony 'hopes' by putting their games on PC later, that 'fans' of their IP will buy a Playstation to play their games 'first' rather than wait years for a port to PC. However, if you have a PC, you never 'need' to buy an Xbox. In fact PC sometimes gets 'Xbox' games first - like MSFS, Gears Tactics, AoE4 etc. Don't have to 'upgrade' your XB1 or even buy a Console with Cloud options either. So Xbox consoles are and I think will continue to be an 'option' but maybe not the best option. It maybe better to buy a PS5 and play whatever 'Xbox' games on PC/Cloud or even a SteamDeck or RoG Ally - use the PS5 for all multi-platform and Exclusives but play Starfield, Fable, Perfect Dark etc on whatever other 'devices' you have.

That's why MS will 'never' catch or surpass Playstation. Even if MS release a console to compete with PS6 for example, Series owners, PC gamers or those who play on 'Game Pass Cloud on their TV/Mobile/Laptop/Tablet may not be interested in upgrading if they can play EVERY game on what they already have. Some will upgrade for the 'performance' boost and/or 'local' play but it'll still not have the 'incentive' for gamers to buy or 'miss out' on playing games Day 1.

Hardware is just one aspect - but MS could dethrone Sony as the 'biggest' in Gaming Revenue with their 'own' platform (so not counting TenCent for example) even if their 'Console' remains 3rd in terms of Console sales. Can still have a larger install base with 'more' gamers playing their IP's, having the largest 'communities' that support their Gaming with Minecraft, CoD, WoW etc Sell 'more' games than Sony will - but their Console could become more a 'PC' - more a DirectX Box with Steam, Epic and MS store fronts, windows OS etc. Maybe their 'rumoured' Handheld is more a Surface Tablet shrunk down into a gaming PC format - a Surface Handheld PC to compete with RoG Ally, Lenovo Go, MSI Claw etc.

After all, unless its more 'powerful' and longer battery life, who'd pay Β£500 for a 'portable' Series S, locked to 'Xbox' and requiring a Subscription for 'online' gaming when a RoG Ally for Β£500 plays every Xbox game, every Steam game (inc PS releases), has emulation etc etc and no 'online' Sub fees. So even a handheld Xbox maybe won't sell unless its priced more 'competitively' with SteamDeck and maybe could still release a Surface Handheld.

Seeing what Apple are doing with their M4 chip in a super thin device like an ipad pro and its AI, MS with AI in their Surface line, its not too much of a stretch to think MS will make a Surface Handheld PC with 'AI' to handle upscaling, RT etc like DLSS. Therefore I don't think MS will ever 'compete' with Sony with Console sales because MS isn't prioritising that 'hardware' and other Hardware may offer Gamers everything Xbox releases Day 1 and a whole lot more besides - inc Playstations PC releases, some of which are 'Day 1' on PC - Hellblade 2, Concorde, Lego Horizons...

[Edited by BAMozzy]

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic