Forums

Topic: What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?

Posts 1,781 to 1,800 of 1,843

colonelkilgore

@Yousef- so this one is simply Prince of Persia which was released in 2008 and to my knowledge… an attempted reboot (the second of the series). Prince of Persia: Forgotten Sands was released 2 years later and a continuation of Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time (the first reboot of the series).

Funnily enough I picked up Forgotten Sands the same day I picked this one up and plan on playing it in a couple of months.

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore @Yousef- I played both on PS3, and enjoyed both, as I recall — The PoP reboot and the Forgotten Sands. I was once a big fan of the franchise.

Of course PoP begat Assassin’s Creed and so my interest followed and I was obsessed with AC up until 4.

I’m glad you’ve enjoyed some of the PoP reboot. It has its own unique art style, movement, and gameplay. The Forgotten Sands is a better and more traditional PoP game and closer to what would become AC, but I would say the same as you — that first PoP game on PS3 is decent and worthwhile. I think you’ll like the next one better, although it’s unlikely to crack your PS3 top 10 either.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Buckster

Asura's wrath! Deserves a re-release at some stage

Buckster

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution yeah the art style, while lovely (I do like that cell-shaded look) I’m not sure that it fits the setting/period. Looks great considering how old it is though.

Good to know the next Prince of Persia I’ll be playing is even better though… and will be a more accurate experience in regards to the series as a whole.

@Buckster yeah I played Asura’s Wrath earlier this year… not the greatest gameplay design but the epic and bat-**** crazy story more than made up for it. Awesome art and character design too.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

The Dead Space impossible run is bloody difficult fair play. Now through to chapter 7 and it’s only gonna get harder 😅. On a different note… it’s mad how popular ps3 is rn, I just went to log off for the evening and noticed that 12 people from my friends list are currently on their ps3’s 🤷‍♂️

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Yousef- yup no backcompat with ps3 due to the cell processor… though there has been rumours of Sony nearing completion of a consistent emulator.

[Edited by colonelkilgore]

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@Yousef- yeah id imagine gen 10 will be less of a jump that gen 9 was… it’s just the diminishing returns inherent to progress.

**** DLC!

SuntannedDuck2

Currently playing Full Auto 2 (fun Burnout meets Flatout I'd say (has weapon arenas/derbies and races, and objectives like Blur has of primary have to do and secondary ones, some fair weapon unlocks, fair cosmetics/vehicles to unlock, selection of vehicles and unlocks are very Burnout like besides the objectives being part of it of course then however many stars/medals of Burnout).

Just finished (speaking of shooters been collecting) Wanted Weapons of Fate few days ago (Space Marine 1 prior on PS3 as my 36t0 copy won't work for me, least got it cheap), no interest in the trophies for them so did the ones I thought I could.

Enjoyed the bending bullets mechanic like did the bending fists in Rayman 3 and gave up on the last area of Turning Point as it was just not worth it and it was the last what 10 minutes in a long play I saw so no point if I get stuck and can't be bothered for hours on it now matter my strategies, aiming or patience.

So got to play more of Blacksite (Area 51 sequel not sure), get back to Spec Ops The Line, play more then the first 2 missions of Socom Special Forces and enjoying it's weapon level up/unlocks even if Resistance does it better.

Got many others to get through on many consoles but those I'm focusing on currently. Left behind games on PS3 and even ones on 360 with no back compat on Xbox because why not trying some I have maybe heard of but never played till now (or still researching), or never heard of but was surprised by.

[Edited by SuntannedDuck2]

SuntannedDuck2

colonelkilgore

@Yousef- while it wouldn’t be my favourite, I did really enjoy it. The gameplay itself probably is more fun due to the more shoot’em up nature of it… but for me at least Red Dead is at its best in the moments between all the action. My fondest memories from the series was tracking down all of the various wildlife in wild-west serenity tbh.

**** DLC!

Yousef-

@colonelkilgore I need to do a full fledged replay of the entire franchise, including revolver which I also really like.

I vividly remember thinking to myself that I prefer the ballad of gay Tony over the original IV, but upon replaying the entire GTA franchise, yes even the top down games, I grown attached to base IV again, with it becoming my favorite game of all time in terms of virtually everything. Though I do like the radio in EoLC more, but you can listen to that in base IV.

I’m actually quite hyped about the idea of revisiting every Red Dead game. I have a decent amount of nostalgia for Revolver. PS2 third person shooters have a unique kind of Tu sais quoi I really like.

CLICK FOR PUSH SQUARE CLUB TITLE LIST VOTES, JOIN US!
We are playing ⚔️ Child of Light. ⚔️

colonelkilgore

Having just finished my Impossible playthrough on Dead Space and being left feeling the game is a masterpiece… I wanted to go back and check on the Push Square Top 112 PS3 Games list to see how it fared. I think #16 is pretty fair tbh… I might personally have it a bit higher but no arguments from me. I noticed that Dead Space 2 came in at #35, and I have that on the agenda over the next couple of months, so I’m curious to see whether I agree that it’s worse or think it’s the better game.

As far as the first one goes, my respect for the game grew quite a lot during this impossible playthrough and I honestly think it’s one of the all-time greats rn… but that could well be some recency bias 🤷‍♂️

[Edited by colonelkilgore]

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic