Forums

Topic: What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?

Posts 1,761 to 1,780 of 1,843

colonelkilgore

So the main story on GTA IV is done and honestly… the narrative at least is one of the strongest in the series, if not the strongest. Although I was taking my time and just living and breathing in Liberty City, I realised that I was in with a chance of the Liberty City Minute trophy with about 20 missions to go and couldn’t resist the challenge of trying to finish inside of 30 hours played, so I changed tack and just mainlined that last section. Never played a GTA like that but it was quite exhilarating trying to make the time - made it in 29 hours and 4 minutes but if you were to actually to go for it from the start I honestly think it could be done in 10 hours.

Just have all the Flying Rats, Stunt Jumps, side jobs etc… as well as the dreaded online trilogy of Fly the Co-op, Auf Weidersehen Petrovic and Wanted to go. If I manage to get those and it’s no formality what with Auf Weidersehen Petrovic already glitching for me once… but if I do, I’m gonna keep one simple trophy back, so I can pop it for GTA IV to be platinum #200. I’ve been trying to work out a suitable #200 since… well #100 😅… and this one feels right.

[Edited by colonelkilgore]

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore
Well done and I agree the narrative was great, I prefer gta4 to 5 although the world of gta5 is a lot more vibrant and has colour.
I reckon you need a break after that, perhaps go for a spot of bowling or something.

CaptD

Bentleyma

Currently playing Parasite Eve. Yeah it's a PS1 game, but I'm playing it on my PS3! It was never released over here, so this is my first time playing it and I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I'm enjoying it. I think the mix of survival horror and JRPG works surprisingly well.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

BeyondKnight

Been playing Resistance: Fall of Man, I don't remember this game being that hard when I played it way back in like 2010

Xbox Gamer Tag: RipperKnight

colonelkilgore

One of the real ****y GTA IV online trophies down… man I can’t tell you the relief of having Fly the Co-op done. Those Rockstar Dev completion times are crazy and while there are strats out there… I must’ve played Dealbreaker around 40 times this week (with a couple of nights where I didn’t get to bed til past 4:30am) but I hooked up with a real solid group tonight and we all got the trophy… good times! 😅

**** DLC!

trev666

@BeyondKnight yeah resistance fall of man is a pretty tough game the last level i remember being tough and being lucky to complete it

trev666

trev666

@Bentleyma I started playing Parasite eve on my PlayStation classic I really should get back into that game.

trev666

colonelkilgore

Started Dead Space again. I did initially try it in 2019 but I was using a cheap and nasty 3rd party controller and found the gunplay surprisingly janky. I’ve restarted it today but with a proper refurbed dual shock 3 and it’s made a massive difference. Plays like butter fair play. Really enjoying it.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Grand Theft Auto IV - finally… FINALLY managed to pop the Auf Weidersehen Petrovic trophy. It popped around 90% of the way through my second go around… the relief is ****ing palpable! 😅 The plat is now on, with just one more online trophy left… the grind to level 10 for the Wanted trophy. Which as I’ve alluded to… is a massive grind but I’m far more confident of that popping than I was of AWP.

@Yousef- oh yeah… and all 200 Flying Rats exterminated 😉

Dead Space - yeah, so the more I play… the more of a masterpiece I’m making of it. Im probably 60% of the way through my first playthrough and just really enjoying it. I’m hoping to get all three of the series done over the next few months and can only hope that playing all of them in such close proximity doesn’t leave me feeling burned out on the series.

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore
Great stuff on the GTA, just a shame that you nearly played all of the trophy requirements again.
Dead Space is awesome, I imagine it' still looks great with oodles of atmosphere and one of the current gen remakes that wasn't really required imo but I'm glad they did it anyway.
Old gen version is a harder plat than current gen btw.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

@CaptD yeah I do have the Remake but having earned a couple of trophies for the original on ps3 back in 2019, I felt obliged to play through that one first. Well that one, 2 and 3 first 😅.

In regards to GTA I’m just glad it popped mate. It’s so notoriously buggy that I was starting to worry it wouldn’t pop before I hit 300, let alone 200.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

All of the GTA IV online trophies are now done! Man… I’m pretty ****ing psyched rn. This was a game that I wanted to return to for a while… but due to the insane online requirements, I always just hoped that a remaster would be released where the online was removed (like Red Dead Redemption)… but really glad I took the gamble. Have met some really nice people along the way (& some idiots 😅) but… it’s now categorical… the plat is most definitely on! 🥳

**** DLC!

Th3solution

@colonelkilgore Strong! 💪🏼
Your commitment to the trophy cause never ceases to impress me.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Yousef-

colonelkilgore wrote:

Grand Theft Auto IV - finally… FINALLY managed to pop the Auf Weidersehen Petrovic trophy. It popped around 90% of the way through my second go around… the relief is ****ing palpable! 😅 The plat is now on, with just one more online trophy left… the grind to level 10 for the Wanted trophy. Which as I’ve alluded to… is a massive grind but I’m far more confident of that popping than I was of AWP.
@Yousef- oh yeah… and all 200 Flying Rats exterminated 😉

Dead Space - yeah, so the more I play… the more of a masterpiece I’m making of it. Im probably 60% of the way through my first playthrough and just really enjoying it. I’m hoping to get all three of the series done over the next few months and can only hope that playing all of them in such close proximity doesn’t leave me feeling burned out on the series.

Oh man, oh man, I did not notified of the ping here :0
Hell yeah, those fricking rats are the worse, whole 5 hours of mindlessly driving around v.v….
Glad you took of it…v.v
Congrats on crossing out the online stuff, now you only have the great story and great side stories to enjoy :000

CLICK FOR PUSH SQUARE CLUB TITLE LIST VOTES, JOIN US!
We are playing ⚔️ Child of Light. ⚔️

colonelkilgore

@Th3solution it’s a crazy hobby/habit/obsession tbh… and I could’ve probably cured cancer, solved world hunger and implemented world peace with the time and effort I’ve put into trophy hunting these past 5 years but… humans 🤷‍♂️. We’re a strange bunch 😅.

I love the chase of a tough platinum particularly for some masochistic reason though. One that is not necessarily just difficult but also one requiring me to undertake loads of research, reach out to people with past experience, create networks with like-minded people wanting the same thing at the same time and working together to achieve what we all thought was un-achievable until less than a month ago. Little projects like this occupy my mind which can be far too busy if I haven’t got something to focus on and gives a lovely sense of peace when achieved… until the next one 🤯

@Yousef- the single player stuff is mostly complete too tbh. Just have some mopping up to do for the 100%. I’m gonna leave it for now though as I’m gonna save GTA IV’s plat for my next milestone. So I’m gonna go plat another 13 games and then return to Liberty City in around November.

**** DLC!

trev666

just started metal gear solid 4 on ps3 havnt played it it nearly a decade well worth £1.50

trev666

colonelkilgore

Although I’m only halfway through my impossible run on Dead Space, I’ve made a start on Prince of Persia (2008) this morning and… not sure how I feel about it yet if I’m honest. The presentation, lore and narrative all seem fine but the combat seems a little bit hit and miss (though it did start to click with me during the first boss fight) and the traversal seems very janky. I’ve jumped to my death about four times already, when I wasn’t even intending to jump at all. Apparently it’s not a long game, so I’ll no doubt see it through to its conclusion and hopefully end up liking it… just not overly convinced of that right now.

In regard to Dead Space, I was hoping to get the impossible run complete over the weekend but didn’t get a chance to game at all… so I’m gonna try and get a mission or two done per day in which case, it should 🤞 be done by the end of the week. Really enjoying the survival-horror aspect of the impossible difficulty btw. I just had an over-abundance of ammo, health packs, stasis and air canisters during my Normal run and the added need to ration everything really adds to the experience.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

Played a bit more Prince of Persia (probably 75% through it now) and it’s grown on me. I’ve played some absolute ps3 bangers this year and this wouldn’t be in that category but… it’s decent. The traversal is still super janky but you start to understand what the game wants from the player and you start to play into that, which helps… a bit 😅. And the combat, which is a very minor part of the game tbh is not as bad as I’d originally thought. Not bad 🤔

**** DLC!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic