Forums

Topic: What PS3 game(s) are you currently playing?

Posts 1,821 to 1,840 of 1,843

Yousef-

@colonelkilgore I’m happy for your end and managed to enjoy Alpha Protocol, as for my end, I am also happy to inform I’ve started my own ps3 game in the name of Deadpool : D I’m quite happy since I haven’t seeped into my ps3 backlog in a long time and this is a game I was addicted to on release and now feeling all the nostalgia flowing through me. : D it’s also quite sweet that I have a buddy who’s simultaneously playing it with me. ^^ he likes character actions and so far we’re both enjoying the jump cancel mechanic and the fact you have swords and guns just like in DMC or Gungrave.

CLICK FOR PUSH SQUARE CLUB TITLE LIST VOTES, JOIN US!
We are playing ⚔️ Child of Light. ⚔️

colonelkilgore

@Yousef- nice dude, glad you’re having fun. I have it in my backlog also… but on ps4. Funnily enough, there was a big news story in the UK recently (well I use the term big news story contextually in regards to gaming) a copy sold for £900. It inflated due to both the limited amount of physical copies produced together with the success of Deadpool vs Wolverine.

[Edited by colonelkilgore]

**** DLC!

Yousef-

@colonelkilgore surprisingly, the ps4 version also qualifies as a “stuck on old gen” game because… it’s delisted 😆
Which honestly makes it more special for me. For a similar reason, I look forward to getting into the ps3 Spider-Man games. Well, mostly web of shadows and shattered dimensions, but I’m trying to expand my horizons. XD

colonelkilgore

Yousef- wrote:

I look forward to getting into the ps3 Spider-Man games… web of shadows and shattered dimensions

They’re both worth a pretty pence too tbh 😉

@Malaise yeah its definitely a strange one and… I agree it doesn’t quite pull off its ambitions but it’s unique, fun and interesting… and those three things wrapped around one package makes it more than worth a punt for sure. If (however unlikely) Microsoft were to green light a sequel, or spiritual successor, I’d play it for sure.

I appreciate your positivity about my platinum-pursuits bud but I do have to admit that I’m obsessed to a fault. I’ve always had that OCD nature but have only ever seen it manifest to this degree when I weight-train (which I haven’t been able to do all year due to a shoulder injury) but at least then it’s an obsession that promotes physical and mental wellbeing. With this trophy kick, the best I can say is that it’s fun… for the most part 😅… but it’s definitely something I’m actively trying to reduce my focus on. Maybe when I get to #500… maybe 😉

**** DLC!

Yousef-

@colonelkilgore sadly I’m not playing physically, but rather via abandonware.
Sorry about your shoulder. I’ve had chronic knee pain and I’m lucky it hasn’t gotten bad enough to prevent me from walking but a lot of exercises aren’t possible for me anymore, prompting to consider physical therapy as a potential option.

I’m kinda old-school-ish with my completionism, often opting out for the in-game list rather than achievement hunting. But that’s because I don’t always play on modern consoles that have achievements. That said, the mentality is totally relatable. Way I see it, I’m not “done” with a game unless I do everything.

colonelkilgore

@Yousef- appreciate it, cheers buddy. So I actually had shoulder surgery a little under two months ago and am still rehabbing it now… 🤞 I get a functional shoulder back eventually 😅

Yousef- wrote:

Way I see it, I’m not “done” with a game unless I do everything.

yup, that’s me all over tbh 👊

**** DLC!

trev666

just finished mirrors edge on ps3 god im so conflicted on this game when the movement clicks its great when it doesn't it feels borderline broken. thinking about it i loved running over the top of buildings but didnt like the indoor platforming parts they didnt work. I would side on i didnt really like it but I am now intrigued to try out mirrors edge catalyst to see if that is an improvement

[Edited by trev666]

trev666

LtSarge

@trev666 I also felt the same way when I played Mirror's Edge years ago. The parkour just doesn't feel responsive all the time and it's not always clear either where you need to go. I vividly remember spending around 20 minutes in an indoor area because I couldn't find the specific point the game wanted me to go.

It'd be a completely different story if there were multiple paths to take to get to your destination but there aren't. This is a linear game. Although I've heard Catalyst is an open world game, so maybe it's better in that regard.

LtSarge

KilloWertz

It'd be interesting to try Mirror's Edge again in 2024 because I remember loving the game back when I played it shortly after it came out. I do agree that the indoor platforming parts weren't great, but I don't remember ever having any real issues with finding where to go outdoors. Everything was usually marked pretty well if I remember correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong as it has been a while.

Things could be different as it's no longer something that is so original like it was back then, but I know I had a positive opinion on it back then.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

Yousef-

@KilloWertz never mind the comments above. It’s an incredibly great game even today. Extremely innovative even now. And the movement is majestic. Very one of a kind game and one I have a lot of fun revisiting and replaying. I hope you enjoy your replay. ^^

KilloWertz

@Yousef- I can't promise I'll ever actually get to the replay I mentioned, but we'll see.

The sequel isn't bad, but I know my memories of that aren't anywhere near as positive as the original. It probably didn't help that I didn't venture too much into the open world of the game and just went for the story for the most part. Not that I didn't like Catalyst, but not as much as the original.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

colonelkilgore

@LtSarge @KilloWertz @Yousef- I remember absolutely loving Mirror’s Edge back in the day… so much so that you have me considering adding yet another game to my PS3 backlog (just when it looked like I was close to locking it down 😅).

edit. 8.26/10 platinum difficulty… ouch!

edit 2. I’m in!

**** DLC!

CaptD

@colonelkilgore
Good luck. I remember I couldn't even complete the tutorial/prologue on that game, I had to run and jump or something like that and for the life of me I just could not do it.
Thankfully I didn't even manage to unlock the first trophy as I'd rather not have any more trophy lists like Shaun White snowboarding with one silly trophy unlocked so I can't delete the list.

PS. Try Shaun White snowboarding next.

CaptD

colonelkilgore

I appreciate the suggestion @CaptD but I refuse to add any games from 2008 that still require online trophies. I gotta draw the line somewhere 😅

@Yousef- thanks bud… twice! 👍

**** DLC!

Yousef-

@colonelkilgore what’s special about 2008 specifically? Did you mean from before 2008? I actually don’t know that much about the online trophy hunting scene. I do know Mad Max is impossible today because servers shut down which is quite tragic. I never played it before.

colonelkilgore

@Yousef- a couple of things… it was the first year that trophies were introduced, so online trophies from that long ago are notoriously hard to boost for many reasons (servers, active player base etc.) but more importantly I just done all the online GTA IV stuff (another 2008 game) and as I’ve mentioned previously… was a bit of a nightmare 😅

**** DLC!

Yousef-

@colonelkilgore ah ok that explains it. Yeah ironically that was both the birth and the curse of online trophies back then. It gave them a feeling of mystique which is fine, a hard plat is good in my book especially if it makes you engage with the game in unique ways but some online trophies from the early days reeked of negligence or tone-deafness. Perhaps one day I’ll hunt down an online-plat though.

[Edited by Yousef-]

Mikey856

I’m currently playing Broken Sword: Shadows Of The Templars on mine !!! 🤩🤩🤩

Mikey856

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic