Forums

Topic: Doom Multiplayer Beta with purchase of Wolfenstein 2014.

Posts 1 to 20 of 28

sub12

I received an email on Monday from PSN saying that I was able to participate in the Doom multiplayer beta from Mar 31 to Apr 3rd........but that I would be able to download the beta on Mar 30th. However, I don't see any indications of where I would actually download this on PSN......do I have to pre-order Doom?........I wouldn't think so due to the email that was already sent to me.

[Edited by sub12]

sub12

themcnoisy

You get a code in the retail box. Im giving mine out later to the highest bidder On this thread (I have a stag do to organise and go on) so whoever says the nicest thing to me can have the code sent over the PS4.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

sub12

@themcnoisy:

I bought Wolfenstein digitally back during 2014.........so hmm. I was hoping a Doom Beta option would appear for download under PSN - games.

sub12

BAMozzy

@sub12: You had to go to a website to redeem that Beta Access code with the retail version. According to the Doom Beta FAQ's, you had to buy Wolfenstein by May 26th, 2014. You should have received a Beta code that you needed to redeem and if you did, you can search for the Closed Beta in the PlayStation Store to download it.

LINK to the DOOM beta FAQ's

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

Victor_Meldrew

Yeah, you should be able to just search for it, you can still download the alpha if it's in your library I believe, I think I've ended up with 2 codes so this weekend is all about Dark Souls II and Doom.

Victor_Meldrew

sub12

@BAMozzy:

I pre-orderd Wolfenstein digitally during 2014, before May 26th 2014.....I also received the email saying I was good to go. I did receive a notification on PSN last night, but when I went to the Doom beta page, there was no option to download.

[Edited by sub12]

sub12

sub12

I read a little more into it, seems the Beta does not kick off until 10pm eastern time NA, so hopefully it's up and running by then.

sub12

AlexStinton

Despite saying that I wouldn't, I'll now be streaming the DOOM Beta tomorrow at 10:00pm BST over on the Push Square YouTube channel. I've literally seen nothing of the multiplayer so I'm interested to see how it's going to play.

I look forward to you joining me for some (hopefully) ludicrous gibs.

Push Square reviewer

PSN: Aphex666 | Twitter:

themcnoisy

Yay get in Alex. I will be watching!

Ive got the beta too!

Victor_Meldrew

I'll be playing and or watching too. Looking forward to more of the Stinton mediation method as seen in Bully.

[Edited by Victor_Meldrew]

Victor_Meldrew

Churchy

Guys, I had a play of the Beta this morning. My god, it's f*cking awesome!

It's a fast paced madhouse with the run-'n'-gun approach of the original Quake, hellish backdrops, intricate and complex level design, and small extra options that allow for a bit of depth and strategy underneath. I can't believe this right now. It's the most excited I've been about an FPS for a long time.

There was a game idea here. It's gone now.

Twitter:

special_donky

@sub12: The code should be in your email inbox hopefully,If you can get the code - then try redeeming it on psn and then searching for it maybe? Just a guess.

special_donky

PSN: special_donky

themcnoisy

@AlexStinton: Haha just watched upto about 40 minutes when you said "ohhhh I want a go" about the demon pickup. Haha so funny. Your pretty good at this. On release it would be awesome to team up and maybe even make some maps in the editor.

AlexStinton

@themcnoisy: Thanks! Not sure if you mean I'm pretty good at live streaming or playing DOOM? One I'd agree with, the other not so much. I'll let you decide which is which.

I would be interested in revisiting the multiplayer for DOOM's final release just to see what additions are made in terms of game modes, weapons, etc.

Push Square reviewer

PSN: Aphex666 | Twitter:

themcnoisy

@AlexStinton: Your good at both.

Doom is the only game I have on preorder this year so I'm pretty hyped.

BAMozzy

I played a few hours of this yesterday and thought it was a very basic FPS game. Visually its OK and I quite liked thee variation of 'Hardpoint/King of the Hill' but its not got the 'depth' of most shooters. Its very much an old school shooter with very little tactical or variety game-play. I can see it being 'fun' for an hour or two - a blast to unwind after work but nothing to really sink your teeth into. Visually its not bad and the cosmetic variations are quite good to create a bit of individuality but these are just cosmetic. The 'gore' is fun - I quite like the 'glory' kills but that's all there is to it - pretty mindless running and gunning. I certainly won't be buying this for its MP - just hope the campaign has a bit of depth to it.

A pessimist is just an optimist with experience!

Why can't life be like gaming? Why can't I restart from an earlier checkpoint??

Feel free to add me but please send a message so I know where you know me from...

PSN: TaimeDowne

LieutenantFatman

I like it, very fast paced and good fun. Not sure if it will be as addictive as Unreal Tournament 3 multiplayer was in the long term, could be even better, time will tell. Lots of nice customisation options to help make you character feel unique which is a cool bonus.

LieutenantFatman

kyleforrester87

Really enjoying this beta. Didn't play a huge amount of the likes of unreal/quake but takes me back to the days of playing Red Faction.

Great multiplayer FPS, much more fun than the likes of COD and Battlefield and the more tactical shooters that I feel are better suited to PC.

Can see me playing quite a bit of this.

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.