Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,661 to 3,680 of 5,675

KilloWertz

Mass Effect Legendary Edition. My first time playing as Femshep and as a Renegade, as I did the opposite when I played the Legendary Edition on Xbox and when Mass Effect was first released.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

JohnnyShoulder

@Sorteddan Glad you are enjoying Dead Cells! Have you come across the saucepan yet?

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

sorteddan

@JohnnyShoulder
Not as of yet but the search continues.
It's early days, still getting to grips with game mechanics and enemy patterns.
It gives me similar feelings that Enter the Gungeon did last year - even getting backside kicked repeatedly seems like progress!

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Bentleyma

Done with NieR Replicant ver.1.22474487139. Managed to get endings A and B. Not sure what to play next. It’s between Yakuza: Like A Dragon, Resident Evil Village or Biomutant.

[Edited by Bentleyma]

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

colonelkilgore

@Bentleyma- I haven’t played any but a friend recently played Resi 8 and was just gushing in its praise. I’ve heard good things about all three though.

[Edited by colonelkilgore]

**** DLC!

JalapenoSpiceLife

15 hours chapter 4 into yakuza like a dragon, MC is so goofy and ignorant, i don't think i've hated a yakuza character as much as this one 🙄 at least majima does it with style lol

JalapenoSpiceLife

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@colonelkilgore @Jimmer-jammer @Th3solution I just completed the turbine and latest Oceanview hotel puzzles, the hotel one consisted of having to match up hotel rooms 222 and 224 so they look exactly the same, then unlocking another hotel room and pulling the switch three times before returning to the now accessible Black Rock Processing area, I took out some Hiss enemies and cleansed the Atlas chamber, and that's where I'm at now in Control. How are your games going? Belated congratulations to Jimmer for beating Biomutant, by the way.

[Edited by BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN]

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah I remember one of those hotel puzzles being quite tricky actually, think it was the last one you need to do in the game. Love the run-down Americana vibe from the hotel… kinda wish there was a little more of that in the game actually, even though I did love the predominant concrete brutalist of it also. Sounds like you’re making good progress though, I remember Black Rock… think there was a few annoying enemies down there iirc.

I just started Ghost of Tsushima. Playing it on PS5, so getting it at 60 frames with a higher res and it is possibly the best looking game I’ve ever played. Really enjoying it too… there is something about that ‘Sony first part blockbuster’ treatment that I don’t think you can get from any other developers. I’m not far in but it just feels like a privilege to play.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger I just remember really struggling to navigate using it. There was a few points where I thought I was where I needed to be for things but in reality I was nowhere near. Personally, I prefer a 2D-top down map with up & down arrows to denote elevation. We’re all different though and the fact that it worked for you makes me think that maybe it wasn’t as poorly designed as I initially thought. I must just have been perceiving it poorly.

**** DLC!

colonelkilgore

@RogerRoger I totally agree on the fact that the 3D map was appropriate for Fallen Order as you’ve mentioned, it just felt very ‘Star Wars’ in its presentation. Guess it’s just a good job I ain’t really a hero in that universe as **** all would get done! 🤣

**** DLC!

Voltan

@RogerRoger Control's map really is pretty bad but there's signage all over the Oldest House pointing you to other sections of the building, so most of the time you can just check which section the objective is in using the map and then follow the signs.

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan That’s also a good point which I forgot to mention and I’ll tag @TheBrandedSwordsman on that — although TBS you haven’t expressed any significant difficulty with the map but if you are struggling to find a place and the map is confusing you where to go then following the in-game signs around the oldest house is actually more helpful. Just imagine like if you were walking through a real-life office building, the signs point you from one department to the next and almost always keep you on track.

@RogerRoger If the PS5 version was more of an upgrade (rather than what sounds like a downgrade almost) then I’d have considered going back to Fallen Order for the platinum, but honestly, it was my inability to 3-dimensionalize the space in my head and correlate it to the holomap that put me off a few of the trophies like collecting all the treasure and filling out the entire map. Some of the worlds were worse than others, though but in my mind a couple of them were like a ball of tangled yarn that I was trying to unravel each time I tried to get from point A to point B. But I agree the aesthetics of BD’s map were definitely very well done artistically. Of course at the time my experience with Metroidvania style gameplay was very dim and underdeveloped, so I’d probably do better now. It didn’t tarnish my overall enjoyment of the game though. It was still a fabulous time and the best Star Wars game I’ve probably played, at least certainty since The Force Unleashed.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution Yeah I found the office building signs quite helpful and more useful than the map actually, I have actually been using them as a matter-of-fact!

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yeah, I’ve forgotten exactly which worlds had me the most turned around, but Dathomir was a tough one.

Which area was the one where you had to jump down some kind of one-way descent course underground, dodging a few things along the way, and when you got to the bottom there was another large maze of platforms and side routes and enemies, and to get to certain points of the map you had to ride some sort of tram back up to the top and do the descending maze again? That one sticks out as a tough area to explore and I remember the map not helping me much because of several one-way routes which didn’t appear clearly delineated as such on the map. If memory serves, it was one of those map areas where I was missing like 5% toward map completion and for the life of me I couldn’t find where the small section of map I hadn’t explored was. And yeah, a fast travel option would have helped in that area 😅.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Yes! That’s the one. It was an ice slide (which I’ve never been a fan of ice in video games) that you had to navigate down. And I did so repeatedly trying to find all the passageways and just couldn’t get the completion percentage.

Th3solution

@RogerRoger Don’t remember if I found that area, it’s all fuzzy in my brain now. 😄
Cheers for the recommendation though, and I’ve made a mental note (which hopefully will stick in my cerebral catalogue) so I can find that if/when I return.

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman thanks for the congrats! It was a good game, though I’m glad to move on. Sounds like Control is going swimmingly. Returnal has been kicking my butt, however I’ve got into the swing of things now and just defeated the first boss last night. I’m excited to hear your thoughts on some of the upcoming events in Control.

[Edited by Jimmer-jammer]

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic