Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,681 to 3,700 of 5,675

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@colonelkilgore The hotel segments in the game definitely do have a run-down Americana vibe to them, I feel like they should be called 'motel' segments ,in fact. Also I am glad you are enjoying GoT, I got pretty far with that before giving up during one particular mission, it's a lot of fun. Which mode are you playing in?

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman by mode, do you mean Kurosawa or vivid colour? If so, regardless of my film student roots and my respect for Kurosawa, there's no way I'm playing GoT in B&W... its far too gorgeous.

And yeah, totally agree about the hotel, motel... (holidayyy-innn 🎵 ... sorry couldn't help myself there) definitely a motel.

**** DLC!

HallowMoonshadow

Apologies for the late reply @Gremio108 but everything is going pretty well on my end thanks

And I'll be sure to give Salt & Sanctuary a look-see then in the future. If it's seemed to have gripped you that much then there's surely something there and a 2D souls does sound rather interesting!

[Edited by HallowMoonshadow]

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

I am still playing through Control, still in Black Rock Processing and have just defeated a teleporting boss (Hiss creature) in there, on the search for a black rock prism and continuing on with the journey.

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

Bentleyma

House sitting for my brother for a week, so I won’t be playing any of my games. He owns Spirit Hunter: NG, so I’m playing through that. I liked Death Mark, so I expect I’ll enjoy this. I’m using his PS5, so I could play through his copies of Ratchet & Clank: Rift Apart and Returnal, but I think I’d rather wait until I get my own PS5.

[Edited by Bentleyma]

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@colonelkilgore @Th3solution @Jimmer-jammer I just got the black rock prism from Black Rock Quarry and presume that all I need to do now in order to pop the chapter trophy is speak with Marshall in Central Executive it's a good game but finding your way through the environments can be a little obtuse, looking for to the next h(m)otel segment of the game!

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah it can be a little confusing sometimes, trying to understand where and how to navigate your way to next. Sounds like you’re making some steady progress though 👍.

Any idea on what you may play once Control is complete?

**** DLC!

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@colonelkilgore Return of the Obra Dinn, without question. What are you onto next after GoT?

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman cool, I’ve heard that’s pretty great. I picked it up in a sale a while back but not sure when I’ll actually get around to it.

Once I’ve finished Ghost, I’m gonna try and get Doom, Tekken 7 and the original Watch Dogs out of the backlog. Really looking forward to Doom. Quite a few people showed love for it recently on another thread.

**** DLC!

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@colonelkilgore Yeah I saw it (RotOD) mentioned on another website in a list of games people are playing whilst waiting for Elden Ring, so I thought, since I'm in that boat, I'll give it a go, wish you all the best with Doom, looks like a great game.

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution @Jimmer-jammer - Update, cleared Threshold and My Brother's Keeper missions today, and spoke with Dylan before beginning the Face of the Enemy mission, which was disturbing to say the least, especially when he kept singing a song with "baby, baby" in the lyrics - in the voice of the Hiss, dunno if either of you remember that? haha , aim to have the game finished within a week or so, fingers crossed

[Edited by BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN]

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Hey, great progress you’re making there. And yes, the mumbling and chanting really got under my skin at times and I very much remember the “baby, baby” chant. It’s just so weird. But i think that’s what Remedy was going for with the game — making it a bit unsettling at times and keeping the player disturbed.

Excited to hear your impressions of the latter parts, as I feel like it just ramps up and hits a nice crescendo. Definitely want to hear about when you get through the Ashtray part. It’s almost gaming perfection right there. 😄

Are you struggling at all with any of the combat scenarios? Or do you find it pretty easy?

[Edited by Th3solution]

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution I'm not struggling with the combat scenarios, I think I have found a comfort zone for how to deal with the enemies, it is getting harder though, but I'm getting better at switching between enemies when I'm aiming at them, plus I now have levitate in addition to telekinesis so it's all very manageable. How's Returnal going?

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Returnal is going well. Still enjoying the game immensely; it’s just so well crafted. It’s difficult though and I’ve not yet cleared the halfway point, although I’ve not had much gaming time this week.
I don’t think Selene is going to replace Kratos, Drake, or Aloy as the face of Sony’s platform but it’s definitely a worthy entry into their stable.

How do you find Jesse, as far as a protagonist? At first I was skeptical but I ended up relating well to her and I think she’s a great character. I like how Remedy did a lot of extreme close-up shots of her eyes while she’s talking to herself, and little things like that which help the player relate to her.

[Edited by Th3solution]

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution Yeah I really like Jesse, the character who lives in her head is an interesting game concept so I am looking forward to seeing the truth about that revealed, I like how she seems to question things a little as her situation progresses but ultimately blindly accepts each new "truth" or facet of information as it is given to her.

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution I hope you persist with Returnal and it's wonders are unlocked for you, as it sounds like you are having a great time with it thus far. What's next for you after Returnal?

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Well, I have a couple side games that I’ll shift to if I’m not done with them yet — 13 Sentinels and A Plague Tale.
But I think my next “main” game will be Final Fantasy 7 Remake. Either that or Days Gone or Immortals: Fenyx Rising. It will depend on my mood. I still have visions of playing Dark Souls 3 and/or Demon’s Souls but after Returnal I think I’ll need something a little less intense first.

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution Good luck with all your games, I do hope you'll play Dark Souls III at some point soon though, I'd love to chat about it with you if you can get around to it. Well, I am certainly finding navigating around the Oldest House quite tricky, it's probably the hardest part of the game, still, I beat another chapter this morning and got the chapter-related trophy - next stop, the Ashtray Maze!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic