Forums

Topic: Honkai Star Rail

Posts 581 to 597 of 597

themightyant

@Shigurui thanks mate, appreciate the codes.

And getting an early 5-star loss and guaranteeing the next is often a nice win. Happy days.

themightyant

z0d15g0d

@Shigurui Thanks for the codes dude. Yea got Welt finally also while trying to pull for Feixiao. Is there any point building him right now? maybe for the free basic passes but I don't see him on any teams these days.
Is Aventurine next for rerun? If so I'm gonna need his LC. Guy is OP as is but with that he'll be a nightmare. Even Yangqin doesn't suck as much when paired with him as shields always up and his skill remains active.

z0d15g0d

themightyant

@z0d15g0d The only time I use Welt is when I want to add debuffs to the enemy and either Pela or Silver Wolf are used up on another team, but you could use Sampo or someone else for that. He is pretty good when fully built, he hits harder than many think, and his "delay the enemy" kit is hard to quantify in numbers.

But he has a split scaling problem where you need to build him with Crit to hit hard, but then his Effect Hit rate is lower and he doesn't imprison reliably, which is fine against standard/lower enemies but not end game content. Hence you need to flip it for Bosses.

He also gets better with Eidolons, especially his E2 which can give him enough energy to Ult and every 2 turns OR not run ERR Rope and get more damage. All in all he's pretty complex to build well, hence he's a little misunderstood imho, but there are also better characters.

[Edited by themightyant]

themightyant

Shigurui

@z0d15g0d - Welt doesn't really have a place right now but he's a fun unit to use, he just stops everything from moving while your team wails on them. I used him quite a bit in Swarm Disaster. As for Aventurine rerun there's no official announcement but he's rumoured to be back in 2.6 along with Acheron and Firefly. Rappa is the only new 5* confirmed for that patch so seems likely Hoyo will milk 3 highly sought after characters to make up the numbers.

Honkai Star Rail UID: 714980866 (EU Server)

Pizzamorg

Thank you for the codes Shigurui. Lingsha is better than I realised, I thought her kit was spread too thinly, but her healing scales off her attack, so you just build her as a break DPS unit (as she has some kind of bonus break thing baked in there too I think) and she will passively heal your team, which means you may not need a slot for a sustain who isn't offering much damage. Plus since she has FUA baked in too she can work with Robin and Topaz.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Shigurui

@Pizzamorg - You're welcome mate. So you got Lingsha eh, nice one. How's your account coming along?

Pizzamorg

I actually got Topaz lol I probably should have planned better if Ling and Topaz's pity is linked, but I just kinda tossed free tickets at the two banners and got Topaz almost immediately. I was just reading how Lingsha works in her trial stage thing. I had awful luck with the Feixiao / triple S Rank banners last month, so I guess I will see what happens. Account still remains quite scuffed, feel like I lack a good central DPS. I'm sort of chained to Lynx and Yunli as I haven't had a better healer or a better DPS unit. So every new character I pull its like... how do they work with these two units 😂

Life to the living, death to the dead.

themightyant

@Shigurui I just saw a similar leak for 2.6. Adventurine, Acheron and Dan Heng IL alongside new 5-star Rappa. The last two in the first half. And the second half being no new character for the first time, hence putting such wanted characters there. That would SUCK for me as I want both Adventurine and Acheron's Light Cone, but I probably won't have enough for either unless I get lucky early and win the 50:50. Either way it's characters before vertical investment (light cones and Eidolons) for me.

Who are you pulling for? Or are you saving.

themightyant

themightyant

@Pizzamorg We were all there for a long time, in some ways I still am! It will come if you are happy to stick with it.

themightyant

z0d15g0d

@Shigurui @themightyant Okay thanks. I'll take my time building him at some point since I waited this long to get him lol. I've added Lingsha to my support list if you guys want to give her a go. She's fairly built but gonna be a while till I add on her LC hopefully can get before the banner ends.

z0d15g0d

Judal27

Feixiao is absolutely nuts. And I honestly thought she'd be meh cause the hunt characters have never done me any good except Ratio to an extent and single target in this game can feel awful at times. But her on one team and acheron on the other is a wild time

So glad I managed to snag her on the last hour of her banner. I just wish you could have duplicate characters cause a 2nd aventurine would be a godsend lol

Judal27

themightyant

@Judal27 Nice! Always feels good snatching a character just before their banner goes.

And I feel you on Adventurine, I have Fu Xuan and want a second, that's why I want the golden stoneheart!

themightyant

Judal27

@themightyant especially after I had already used up 80 rolls to get Kafka! I managed to save up enough to roll again lol. I was genuinely not expecting to hit the 5 star pity let alone win the 50 50

He's getting a rerun... but with acheron 😭. Are you gonna get him? These patches have definitely been favoring fua characters a lot

Judal27

themightyant

@Judal27 I’d love to get Adventurine, I will try. I probably shouldn’t have gone for Robin ahead of him, as I don’t think I will have enough free wishes to even get 1 more 5-star in the next 5-6 weeks, and my luck on the 50:50 sucks. I also wanted Acherons light cone, but that was always a stretch, I don’t typically do those as F2P. But perhaps Lady Luck will favour me on one.

Who are you pulling for next?

[Edited by themightyant]

themightyant

Shigurui

@themightyant - If either leak is correct it'll be a tough choice. I'm set with E2 S1 Acheron but I'd really like Firefly's LC and Aventurine. If its DHIL then he's any easy skip, I wouldn't get him at less than E2 and I don't have Sparkle so he's definitely out for me. I'm on a character guarantee so I just hope Aventurine is on the last 2.6 banner and we have the info on 2.7 so I can decide to pull or wait.

Do you have the Boundless Choreo LC? I built it for Welt but I've used it on Acheron and its pretty nuts at S5 with Pela on the team. Really solid cone on her.

Judal27

@themightyant Robin's a really good pull tho. Her buffs are amazing for basically every game mode, trust itll pay off xD. As far as LCs are concerned, I honestly consider acheron's essential. It's just a straight up big upgrade. And getting LCs seems easier than eidolons

The leaks for 2.7 seem all but confirmed so if that's the case. I'm either gonna try to get at least e1 acheron, when the rerun comes. Or go all in on the new characters for 2.7. Idk if you guys consider them spoilers or not. So I don't want to say names if you don't wanna know

Judal27

themightyant

@Shigurui. I’ll definitely try for Adventurine, Fu Xuan is just TOO powerful in too many teams, having a second one with a slightly different FUA / Crit DMG kit would be amazing. I always save my shop currency for an emergency like this, so I had saved 30+ extra wishes, but I used some getting Robin. I probably have 5 weeks to save around 45+ wishes elsewhere. I will need to win the 50:50 and even then I might fall short. It is what is it.

I possibly might consider getting the daily gem pack, or battle pass to ease it, but to be honest I quite like the challenge of F2P / low spend and seeing what you can get and how you can do unassisted.

Re: Acheron: I never got Boundless Choreo, not even one impression, but I’m on S3 Good night and Sleep Well, which is basically the same damage as that LC.

Her sig LC is a big damage boost, around 25% - 30% over what I have, but she still slaps almost all content without it. As F2P this would be a nice to have but far from essential. I currently prefer horizontal investment (new characters) over vertical (light cones and eidolons)

@Judal27 Re: leaks Usually we use spoiler tags [ spoiler]TEXT TO HiDE[ /spoiler] (just remove the space after the opening square bracket on each tag, if we think it will be a spoiler, like a story moment like a character ascension (Harmony Trailblazer, Swordmaster March), usually best to play it safe.

Happy hunting all.

[Edited by themightyant]

themightyant

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic