Forums

Topic: Playstation 5 Recommendation Thread

Posts 181 to 190 of 190

Yousef-

@colonelkilgore agree it’s got some untapped potential. Surprisingly meshes three gameplay elements seamlessly (driving, shooting and beat me up) and the studio would do a good job of making a sequel most likely.

How to reach me out: πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡πŸ‘‡
Discord: yousef. (All lowercase with fullstop at the end)
Bluesky: yousef7
Email: [email protected] (don’t worry, it’s my non-private email for chatter)
PSN: Kat170499
You can contact me just to say hi.

Ravix

@Yousef- who made it? It's a game I was aware of but don't think I ever really played it. It's the kind of property that could easily be rebooted and would sell well, you'd think. As I always say, there's not enough gritty crime games with open worlds.

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
βš”οΈπŸ›‘πŸŽ

Yousef-

@Ravix United front games. Niche dev. Barely any other games made after SD.

Ravix

@Malaise yeah. Yakuza is a series I wish I liked. But it's the gameplay loop that doesn't suit me. It's like an endless runback with some beat 'em up bits. I loved the story of Judgment, and the silly side stuff like chasing a wig around πŸ˜‚ that is peak gaming. I just wish it was all encased in a slightly more open world with a bit of freedom, without it being "tracksuit encounter showdown extreme! mega mix 7.5 - retracksuited"

I could add FF7 remake to my pile of half finished games to go back to πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

All the rockstar published ones I've played, obv. But they are ones that are still good to go back to, as nobody one does it better. But now I play many more genres I don't go back to them the same way I used to.

As you like pumping some time in to strategy, have you played Crusader Kings 3? It's not really an age of empires like deep sim, it's more of a dynasty building sim, some casual elements, humour, but overall a really fun package. For example, I'm casually turning the tutorial set up in to: what if the Irish controlled Africa, and maybe rivalled the Holy Roman Empire for wealth and power in the 1100's πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

[Edited by Ravix]

βš”οΈπŸ›‘πŸŽ

Ravix

@Malaise if I ever make it out of the tutorial I'll let you know πŸ˜‚ although I stopped looking at the hints and just started doing stuff. The Ballad of Brian ended as Colman was the only worthy successor, but he was a rampant shagger and he, and his wife/cousin, got the old venereal plague. When I took over as him he actually recovered, but then his wife/cousin, died, and two sons were murdered while he was out on a Holy War to claim more of Africa for those sons πŸ˜ͺπŸ˜ͺ so it has taken a more dramatic turn. So now he has two ***** (B.a.s.t.a.r.d.s isn't a swear in this context PushSquare, boo), one son and a couple of daughters left, with only the one son being a rightful heir.

I think the main plan now is to try and form an empire ((not Britania, but some weird Irish, Mercian (middle england) North African, Aquitainian (southern france) mix)) and then pass that on with a few relatives holding kingdoms within. Then close the gaps between the realms so Ireland, or the empire of Briain, rules all of northern and western Europe and Africa. Then leave it at that πŸ˜…

I think there's game modes where you can, say, start as Aelfred the Great and try to fend off the viking horde and secure the England of his dreams, presumably with Crohn's disease hampering your every move.

I might check if there's a scenario with the Wenceslas/Sigismund drama in the Holy Roman Empire too.

[Edited by Ravix]

βš”οΈπŸ›‘πŸŽ

Th3solution

@Malaise I need to stop reading these threads β€” your post just made me add 3 more games to my massive backlog! πŸ˜‚
I was already trying to calculate how I can fit in a replay of Mass Effect 2 and 3 and also find time for the Mafia series and then you’ve made me consider Tales of Arise, LA Noire, and Banner Saga. I’m doomed.

β€œWe cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Yousef-

@Th3solution LA noire is a β€œweird R* game”.
Now, R* has two kinds of good games; undeniable masterpieces and bizarre experimental games, you can guess which one LA noire is, given the fact that for starters, it’s non-open-world open world.

Believe me, that makes more sense than you think. It’s a fantastic game, great story, great driving, great detective mechanics, great pacing, great references and homages especially to its setting; it uses both the period and location, the QoL features are fantastic, letting your partner drive FOR you, the driving convos are great however so don’t skip them and it’s overrall a game R* needs to give a second go.
So what’s exactly holding it back from goat status?

The open world.
Untitled

Ravix

@Yousef- to be fair R* just published it, same as they did with Max Payne, untiI Max Payne 3? (I think)

Excuse to post a Sam Lake .gif. even though the convo is about LA. Noire and not Max Payne. Ah, Why not? 😁
Untitled

βš”οΈπŸ›‘πŸŽ

Yousef-

@Ravix you’re right! I’m not sure how I missed that given that I’m the resident R* fanatic πŸ˜‚ time to revoke my license
You gave me weird validation though, now I feel a lot less weird about being weird about LA πŸ˜‚
You’re right about MP, 1 and 2 were published by them, but they did actually develop MP3 player
To add even more to the weirdness, Team Bondi only made LA… then they went silent πŸ’€

Gunnerzaurus

Ravix wrote:

@Yousef- to be fair R* just published it, same as they did with Max Payne, untiI Max Payne 3? (I think)
Excuse to post a Sam Lake .gif. even though the convo is about LA. Noire and not Max Payne. Ah, Why not? 😁
Untitled

Actually played Alan Wake for the first time ever a month ago, bought Alan Wake 2 and am excited to dive in!

Long live Mr.Lake

https://card.psnprofiles.com/1/Gunnerzaurus.png

PSN: Gunnerzaurus

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic