Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 2,961 to 2,980 of 3,692

KilloWertz

@Splat It was pretty much the same for me. Having a poor experience with Breath of the Wild probably didn't help, but eventually the puzzles started to take away from my enjoyment of the game. The gameplay, story, etc. otherwise was enjoyable enough, but especially later on, the puzzles were pretty frustrating and even borderline tedious. I do think it's a good game for people who are more into the Breath of the Wild type games though.

PSN ID/Xbox Live Gamertag: KilloWertz
Switch Friend Code: SW-6448-2688-7386

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman just caught this new vid and remembered our recent chat about Nioh 2 and the level of it’s difficulty. It’s obviously all subjective but a lot of what these guys said did ring true for me at least:

**** DLC!

Max_Headroom

I am playing Resident Evil Village a brilliant game, i was worried after finishing RE4 recently that Village may be bit of a let down i couldn't have been more wrong.

Max_Headroom

Th3solution

@Max_Headroom Did you play RE7 beforehand?

I’m trying to decide what order to go with for my next RE game. I was wanting to do all the mainline entires in order, so I’ve gone 1, 2, 3, (remakes) and 4 (PS4 remaster)… but I never finished 4 because it was just not clicking for me and I found it a bit of a chore to go back to and eventually decided to abandon it about 5 hrs in. Unfortunately the experience sapped my interest in the series. But the praise for the RE4 remake has me curious enough to maybe just try it again through the remake and then go from there. But another thought was to skip ahead to RE7 or RE8/Village. I just don’t care for first person viewpoint in my games, but I can tolerate it for special circumstances.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Max_Headroom

Th3solution wrote:

@Max_Headroom
. Unfortunately the experience sapped my interest in the series. But the praise for the RE4 remake has me curious enough to maybe just try it again .

I am new to RE games so am well impressed you may not be having played them before, i read a couple of reviews for RE4 so i decided to give it a go and then i read that Village was similar so decided to also give it a go.

Max_Headroom

Th3solution

@Max_Headroom The first 3 games are really great. The first one even as a PS4 remaster is pretty old, but holds up fairly well. The tank controls work for it because it’s survival horror and more tactical in the way you approach it, it’s more focused on puzzles and the combat is more limited. The RE2 and RE3 remakes are both fantastic and have similar gameplay as RE1 but the controls are fluid and updated and so they play a lot easier. RE4 original has semi-tank controls and yet it has high volume combat encounters with hoards of enemies occurring frequently and so that’s what put me off.

You might like RE2 and RE3 remakes if you’re still in the mood for more after Village; highly recommend both. Or RE7 supposedly has the same protagonist as RE8/Village and has similar gameplay, from what I understand.

The good thing about RE games is they drop in price fairly quickly, so the barrier to try them is relatively low

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Max_Headroom

"You might like RE2 and RE3 remakes if you’re still in the mood for more after Village; highly recommend both. Or RE7 supposedly has the same protagonist as RE8/Village and has similar gameplay, from what I understand"

Thanks.

Max_Headroom

Th3solution

In addition to continuing my trek through Valisthea with Clive and co., I started Power Wash Simulator on a whim. It was on one of the PS editors GOTY lists so that was the nudge I needed to try it out. I also had a 2023 goal to try a “Sim” game and so that was the other motivation. I left a few expanded thoughts on it over on said Resolution thread. So far, the game is mostly what I expected, although after the initial short learning curve it has a certain addictive nature that appeals to me. I’ll probably drop in and out of it from time to time. There’s more strategy to it than meets the eye and it is a good diversion for people who are a little on the obsessive-compulsive side, like myself. There’s just enough gameplay and problem solving to keep it interesting, at least so far. And yet, it’s quintessential mindlessness. It is indeed one of those games that you start playing and before you know it, you’ve lost two hours. 😅

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I feel you will be missing out on some important story beats if you play Resident Evil 8 without playing the previous game, seeing as the story continues almost directly on.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MidnightDragonDX

The Touryst. Fun game, though not sure what genre it is. XD

MidnightDragonDX

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman I’ve had some quality time with Lies of P. While at first it didn’t strike me as much more than a mashup of Bloodborne and Steelrising with an extra sheen of polish, I’m really starting to see it come into its own now. Krat is a great location, bosses have been fantastic, level design is top notch and the game puts its own unique spin on just about everything, like the grindstone that imbues weapons with elemental properties. The lying mechanic and weapon customization are super interesting. Safe to say it’s got its hooks into me now. How goes the journey through Boletaria?

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Jimmer-jammer It's great that you're enjoying Lies of P that much, glad you got some time to sit down and actually play it for a while. What was the boss-design like? Feel free to spoiler tag the info if you are concerned about spoilers for others who might not have made it that far, of course. A grindstone that imbues weapons with elemental power sounds incredible, I take it fire is the most powerful element, dealing the most damage to bosses? How does the lying mechanic work exactly? Sounds intriguing.

I have just been farming, the Red Eye Knights near the Penetrator Archstone, you can get about 50,000 souls in 20 minutes there. I've got about 60 Vit now, learned that Str maxes out when you two-hand your weapon at 66 so after getting Vit to 99 I may just get Str up to 66 and then try Allant again. Do you reckon it's worth getting End up to 40 as well? (from 25) I know it would allow me more swings of my weapon but I will likely only be able to get a couple hits in with my DBS before having dodge away again anyway, as he is quite the nimble and dangerous foe, so I am not sure.

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@colonelkilgore I've beaten Jedi Fallen Order, the games that are still on my list to play properly from that selection are obviously Lotf 2023, and less obviously Wo Long Fallen Dynasty & Nioh 2. Remnant 2 looks good but as I said to you before I don't really like games with guns. More of a Sword and Board man.

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman yeah I’ve got the new Lords of the Fallen lined up as my other souls-like for 2024 (the first being Nioh 2). I really like the look of it tbh… it kinda looks like Dark Souls 4 (more like Dark Souls 4 than Elden Ring even) and after a long time away from that series, I’m kinda itching to return. Gonna be another tough and long plat though by all accounts.

I absolutely loved the original Remnant from the Ashes so am pretty psyched to play Remnant 2 myself. Gonna hold off on playing it for a while though, as once it’s done it’s done.

[Edited by colonelkilgore]

**** DLC!

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman Thanks! Boss designs in the early goings have mostly been machines and puppets but they’ve just been really well designed. I’m a bit of a sucker for steampunk and it’s been nailed here. The ‘tough but fair’ philosophy of the genre is well executed. Much like Bloodborne though, there is more to the world than promotional materials would have you believe. Mostly I’ve dealt with shock and fire, both have their uses 😄 The lying mechanic is super interesting but I’ve yet to grasp how it really pays off. Hopefully it’s not a big pile of nothing. Overall, the path to success for me has been mastering the perfect guard. It’s been one of those games for me where I have to keep my cool, confidently executing perfect guards in order to make it through what can be some pretty difficult situations. It’s been a learning curve but totally worth it.

Sounds like a great farming spot! I’ve never ran a tank build before and generally go for a more balanced, leaning towards more nimble build, so I’m not really sure. I’m awful at parrying in the souls games so I’m as good as dead if I stop moving. That said, sometimes “a couple hits” is all it takes to turn the tide.

@colonelkilgore Knowing how much you love Bloodborne, I just have to throw this out there: Lies of P is the closest thing I’ve played to capturing what Bloodborne captured. I had a lot of hesitation around it for some reason but it’s really very well done.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

CJD87

@Jimmer-jammer Love to hear positive discourse around Lies of P.... I am still blown away by how much this game exceeded my expectations!

It is genuinely the closest thing to a FromSoft finished product, and plays a bit like a FS 'Greatest Hits' - leaning into the various nuances of their entire portfolio, whilst still managing to carve an identity of its own. Incredible to consider this was the first title from the devs in questions.

My favorite non-From 3d Soulslike hands down is Lies of P (favorite 2d would still be Salt and Sanctuary)

Lies was my personal GOTY, until Baldurs stole my heart...

Glad you're enjoying it, NG+ is a hell of a ride!

CJD87

colonelkilgore

@Jimmer-jammer I’m still slightly heartbroken that I didn’t manage to snag a Lies of P: Collectors Edition tbh 🥲. So jazzed that it’s getting the reception/reaction that it is though. Glad it’s hit the right note for you too mate… I’ll find out in 2025 as Nioh 2 and Lords of the Fallen will be my two for this year 👊

**** DLC!

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Jimmer-jammer I will bear that in mind, then. I will probably get end up to 40 after all, I think what you said is worth taking into consideration. Good luck with Lies of P and keep me posted on your adventuring.

Max_Headroom

Loading Witcher 3 Wild Hunt complete edition now.

Max_Headroom

Jimmer-jammer

@CJD87 Yeah, it’s really exceeded my expectations as well. Even the whole Pinocchio aspect, which was where I had some of my biggest reservations, is handled extremely well. It is truly mind blowing that this is a first effort for the team. A studio to watch for sure.

@colonelkilgore That’s too bad about the collectors edition, especially when the game turns out to be quality. Maybe by 2025, it’ll have some DLC to sink into as well, making for a fuller experience.

@TheBrandedSwordsman Thanks! Will do. And yeah, the amount of times I’ve finished a boss with a sliver of health or something along those lines has shown me how much every little gain can really help!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic