Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,581 to 3,597 of 3,597

Pizzamorg

After a few weekends of not playing anything, I got the itch to just play something, so I went back to the FF7 remake. I won't say it "clicked" for me this time necessarily, I still think the combat is wildly overrated and the pacing of this game has been so far pretty horrible, but after a couple of really boring early chapters, Chapter 4 and 5 were significantly more interesting to me than basically anything that came before it outside of the opener. And I quite literally have nothing else to play right now, so I may as well see this to the end. Also I don't care if it is all a trick, Jessie you are welcome to ruin my life.

Life to the living, death to the dead.

Voltan

Hopped back on Tekken 8 because I have a local tournament coming up this week. Starting again after a break was rough but after a couple days I think I can hold my own again.
Also, finally started Hi-Fi Rush and it's been delightful.
Dave The Diver and Animal Well are queued up next.

Voltan

MadCaptain2207

Still playing FF7 Rebirth (102 hours, now in Chapter 12) and a little bit of Fallout 76 here and there.

MadCaptain2207

Jimmer-jammer

I’m having a lot of fun with Stellar Blade! For a game that actually has a lot of little issues that do add up, it’s getting enough right to keep me fully engaged, though I am surprised just how much it really does take from NieR. I was looking for something breezy and this is fitting the bill wonderfully.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Jimmer-jammer

@Black_Swordsman Structurally, I’d say Fallen Order is actually a pretty fair comparison, though Stellar Blade is a fair bit more clumsy in it’s execution and its writing and characters just aren’t on the same level. Beyond that, little things like unpausable/unskippable cutscenes and a protagonist who tends to control like a dump truck at the most inopportune times chip away from what could be a smoother experience. Overall, it fits well within PlayStation’s portfolio of graphically sexy, straightforward and polished comfort food.

Edited on by Jimmer-jammer

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@Jimmer-jammer I'm glad to hear it's not all bad, then. I loved Fallen Order but from what you say overall I think I will still give Stellar Blade a pass. Eyeing up RotR for when I end my gaming break, so I'll tag you when I have gotten round to the part of the game where you're past the early hours and the real experience begins! Got a specific build in mind, but not Berserk-related this time. 😉

I love the fact that there are preset character creation codes in the game. I'll give you a clue as to my build. "Got the coin for it?" 😃

Edited on by BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Jimmer-jammer

@Black_Swordsman You actually get to make two characters, so you can probably role play that even farther than you might think 😊

Bentleyma

I'm making my way through Sand Land and finding it pretty enjoyable. Definitely my type of game. Also still playing and loving Sea of Thieves.

Edited on by Bentleyma

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

xeofate

I'm playing Rise of the Ronin currently. So far it seems like Ghost of Tsushima with better combat which is a good thing because I loved that game. I'll probably make a start on WRC 10 tomorrow also. WRC 9 was great so I'm expecting more of the same.

xeofate

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@xeofate I just started this as well (RotR) I went for a Geralt of Rivia build as I was saying to Jimmer-jammer above. Only played a bit so far, loving the combat which is excellent as you say. I remapped the controls to make them match the control scheme for the Souls games. 😃

Did you go for a specific type of character for your primary Blade Twin?

"Man is the pie that bakes and eats himself, and the recipe is separation." - Alasdair Gray

xeofate

@Black_Swordsman That's not a bad idea remapping the controls actually, might do that myself. I went with the Dex build of Breaker like I always do in souls games. For the main protagonist I kind of made him like an old greying Jin from Ghost of Tsushima. As for the other Blade Twin I made her like my pawn in Dragon's Dogma 2 which was named after my old German Shepherd dog Rusty

I've been in a bit of a gaming slump since beating Dragon's Dogma 2 but I think this game is going to change that, liking it so far.

xeofate

Max_Headroom

xeofate wrote:

I'm playing Rise of the Ronin currently. .

Black_Swordsman wrote:

@xeofate I just started this as well (RotR)

I am many hours into RotR and have enjoyed my journey so far i think its a better game than GoT but that's just my opinion.

Max_Headroom

Bentleyma

Decided to give XDefiant a try. I've been looking for a game that I can play when I have a spare 15 minutes and this looks like it'll be perfect for that.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

sorteddan

I've put in a few hours on Deliver Us Mars. The story seems compelling enough, the graphics and score are fantastic and the exploration puzzle gameplay is pretty much what I'd expected from playing the first game. The only thing that's getting to me is the jankiness of the character animations, it's like half way between cartoon and realism and keeps throwing me out of full immersion.
The spacey sci-fi geek in me is enjoying it so far though.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

Just started RotR properly. Looks promising so far. Loving the combat.

Edit: Just beat the Prologue and first boss. Proper action rpg game so far.

Edit 2: Haha, didn't realise the second boss that you're meant to defeat was actually the final boss battle of the prologue, completed and got the appropriate trophy this morning🤣 . @Jimmer-jammer Now let loose in the world!

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN

@xeofate Idk how it is for you but, also, RotR strongly reminds me of TW3 so far for some reason. I think it's related to the quest & leveling-up system.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic