Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,561 to 3,580 of 3,665

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

I am gearing up to tackle RE2 REmake again tomorrow, hopefully, just have to go back for an item I missed and take on some more zombie dogs, unfortunately, and then make it through the next chunk, and save.

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

I played RE2 REmake again, took on the three zombie dogs using Dark Souls style tactics of luring them to me, one by one, and only took minor damage as a result. Then got the key item that was guarded by a "sleeping" zombie man who woke up when I took the item for a good ol' fashioned jump scare. Mentioning @Jimmer-jammer and @Th3solution as you were interested in my progress and I'm interested in how your games are going atm?

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

CyberLettuce

F1 Manager 24 (but on and off because of the issues) FC24 until FC25.

But will be picking up SW:Outlaws and Dead Rising Remaster also August/September.

Recently finished SW:Jedi Survivor.

CyberLettuce

PSN: CyberLettuce77

Th3solution

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN I’ve now entered the Shaded Woods in DS2, which has been… interesting. The only thing worse than a foggy area you can’t seen anything in is a foggy area with invisible enemies 😅. Well, I guess foggy area with invisible enemies, and curse traps and poison swamps would be worse 🤔 No doubt that’s what’s coming up next. 😂

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jimmer-jammer

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN Nice! Been playing Hi-Fi Rush myself. Absolutely loving it, despite being bombarded with tutorials in the early bit. It really feels like playing a cartoon and has had me laughing out loud on numerous occasions.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

Been playing through RE2 REmake again this morning, doing well, I feel, Things were starting to get a bit hairy at one point, though, so I had to break out my infinite-ammo Rocket Launcher that I got ,as I've said before, as part of my DLC-purchase to deal with some close-proximity-related zombies. Made quick work of them. Onto the next.

Bentleyma

Decided to buy and play through The Rising Tide DLC for Final Fantasy XVI and I'm really happy I did. I'd forgotten how much I like the game and how good it looks.

[Edited by Bentleyma]

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

torquex

The last of us part 1 & 2, it's infectious.

torquex

Bentleyma

I'm playing through Monochrome Mobius: Rights and Wrongs Forgotten. I got it when it was released a year ago, but stopped playing it for some reason. After reading Push Square's review I was expecting to find the game difficult, but I'm finding that I'm actually too overpowered. I'll get to a new area and all the enemies run away scared. I'm not complaining, I'd rather find the game to easy than to hard.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

Played a bit more of RE2 REmake this morning, just got up to the part where you're about to encounter Mr. X for the first time, I have never saved in a 'safe room' as fast as that in my life!

Ravix

May have picked up on a KCD save last night, just to see where I was at in that playthrough. Ended up duelling with Bernard to get a feel for the combat again, and it's drawing me back in 😅

The music is so chill, and it's just such a lovely, lovely game 😁

I think this save was basically a "try to see how far I could push the game" run, that ended up with me at nearly max level midway through nest of vipers and with a bunch of really nice armour and loot. Melee combat, lock picking, and smooth talking all very high, archery very low. So I might just casually build up a maxed Henry from time to time, mess around, and see if there's any side quests I've never found. Then work my way through the story at some point before KCD2

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

Th3solution

@Ravix Does KCD hold up graphically on PS5? I think the art design looks great and the authenticity seems high level, but the animations and character models seem a smidge old. I don’t think it would bother me, but I was curious. Also, does it run at 60 fps on PS5?

And how is the DLC, in your opinion? I read mostly middling reviews of it, although I think one of them was pretty highly thought of (A woman’s lot, maybe?)

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ravix

@Th3solution I don't know. It's one of those games where you don't really care about its technical prowess anyway, it is just a great game made by, at the time, an independent studio via crowdfunding. It's a passion project, and it shows in every way as you play it that the devs really cared. To me, that is all that matters.

It does look really nice, but it isn't Red Dead Redemption 2, obviously.

I actually never played the DLC's as I didn't know about them until I'd finished my first playthrough, and they are mid game DLC's, but I might buy them and try them in the next few weeks or over winter, as I think I left my current run at a good place to play the DLC's on purpose, knowing I'd be back if there was a lull in current games.

If you care about devs making the games they want to make because that leads to an artistic vision being realised, play the game 😄 you seem like someone that would appreciate that kind of thing, but I did see you were pondering it in 2019 as I was looking for the KCD thread, so...

Like with my other comment, I think the psychology of starting a new game, and going back to games you have left, have a crossover, and it's one I sometimes need a helping hand with, but the best technique, I think, is to play the game for a small amount of time, so you have not committed to having to play it for 4 hours, and if you end up playing it for a good session then it means you have enjoyed your time anyway and don't have to pre plan or pre commit to something set in stone where you wonder if it is worth your time and have that end up putting you off even trying something

[Edited by Ravix]

⚔️🛡🐎

Th3solution

@Ravix If you’re interested, the DLC’s are on sale currently. You can get the whole pack for $4 (normally $20) or individually they are also each discounted 80%.

I’m not a techno-phile, but I am getting more accustomed to the higher frame rates. I can still handle 30 fps after an initial adjustment though and I’ve usually been starting games on fidelity mode so that it’s not an adjustment when switching down. I tend to put more into the visual quality, but hey, I’m playing (and loving) Dark Souls 2 right now so it’s obviously not that important. That game doesn’t really look like much, even with the PS4 remastering, but it’s got a charm all its own. It is nice though if an older game is either graphically pretty or has the 60 fps, at least one of the two. But a stellar art design, gameplay, or story can trump all of that.

I’ve kicked the tires on KCD many times over the last few years, for sure. The pending sequel is definitely pushing renewed interest.

nessisonett

Tried Tomb Raider Legend on PS5 and instantly felt motion sick due to the framerate. To be fair, I’m not gonna blame the dodgy emulator for this one as it’s a game that PCSX2 struggles with too. Guess I’d be better off getting the original PC version but maybe it’s nature’s way of telling me to finish Angel of Darkness first.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ravix

Instead of playing KCD I'm playing FC24 with a club made in tribute to Henry and his hungry belly, and casually whistling tunes from KCD 🤣

we've won a lot

Oh, and @th3solution I had picked up the DLC's/planned to at the time, but cheers for the alert. You played any yet 👀

[Edited by Ravix]

⚔️🛡🐎

SlipperyFish

@Ravix picked up KCD this week, didn't think I'd like it but I'm absolutely loving it so far, already sunk 25 hours or so into it.

Clicked on this page mostly because I saw Henry

SlipperyFish

Ravix

@SlipperyFish nice 😁 it is such a super f**ing charming game, and I always enjoy when new people discover the game, so I hope it brings you endless joy 😁

I played some of 'a woman's lot' DLC earlier today and it reminded me just why I loved the game so much. Even just chatting to villagers is better than in most games, somehow.

I see your games list has GTA 4 at a 10/10 and TW3 at a 9/10 so apart from clearly being a very wise person, it has reminded me to say... does KCD feel like The Witcher but without the 'witcher senses' to you? As that is one of the best summaries i've seen of it before. Especially for how the quests go, and how you chat to the locals. And also "Skyrim without the dragons" 😅

⚔️🛡🐎

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic