Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,741 to 3,760 of 3,798

colonelkilgore

@BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN yeah Caelid is a class area… and definitely stepped the difficulty up a notch from Limgrave. There’s an absolute banger of a boss fight there too.

currently residing in PS3 Purgatory

Khwarezm89

Currently playing Dragon Age: Inquisition for one last time before The Veilguard release. I went this time with the Knight Enchanter Mage build and oh boy, is it OP even on Insane difficulty.

I really feel like a god walking in the world. Yes the high dragons are hard to beat but anything else seems easy for me to beat on Insane so hopefully I'll be able to get the Plat before the Veilguard release.

Khwarezm89

PSN: Khwarezm_89 | Twitter:

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore I think you had your bat-a-ranges, which you could fire off in the Arkham games?

In Gotham Knights each hero had their own ranges weapon (catapult, guns etc). Melee is more powerful, but using your range weoaon has it advantages, like being to stun enemies or interrupt attacks.

There is also a light rpg system where you attach mods to your gear. This took me a while to realise what these did, as all the blueprints I was picking wasn't as good as my equipped stuff. But when when you attach the mods, they significantly boost your gear.

Forgot to mention that traversal is cool in this game. You have a grappling hook which is awesome to use, as you can propel yourself over larger distances. Then eventually you unlock a unique traversal method, which works better for some characters than others.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder yeah there were gadgets and such but from memory, they were auto aim… which doesn’t feel like ranged combat to me. That probably sounds counterintuitive but my personal taste for ranged combat is to manually aim etc.

I intend on returning to the Arkham games next year, so I’ll keep this in mind to check out the ranged options.

currently residing in PS3 Purgatory

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Yeah there is the option to manual aim too, which comes in handy when exploding barrels etc.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@colonelkilgore @JohnnyShoulder I loved the Arkham games, with the exception of chasing down THAT particular boss in the tunnels in the Batmobile in Arkham Knight. I hear the Batmobile was pretty divisive.

"(Music is) a purposeless play. This play, however, is an affirmation of life" (paraphrased) - John Cage

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

JohnnyShoulder

@BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN It was ok by the time i played it, but i did read up before i played the game and put more upgrades into the batmobile. That made some of the later encounters more manageable.

Yeah Caelid is on my favourite areas in Elden Ring. Really like the vibe in the area and found the enemies fun to fight. I did end up there quite early on in an unexpected circumstances, which was a sweaty palm experience. Only went back there when i was levelled up significantly. Thought the music was cool, gave off a real menancing vibe to the area.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I’m not going to get to Gotham Knights before it leaves PS+. I always wanted to play it, but other games have taken priority.
Is 30 fps doing your head in?

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution I can play some games at 30fps no problems, as long as it is stable. I played Horizon Forbidden West at 30fps and had no issues with it. Gotham Knights seems to be at 60fps, at least that is what my TV is showing. Strange as when I checked I couldn't see that there was a patch or anything for this. It does feel smooth to play.

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I specifically remember the developer came out and said it was not possible to render the game at 60 fps and a patch would not be done for it. Something about the co-op functionality of the game, or whatever.

A consistent 30fps is perfectly fine to me also, so it wasn’t a deal breaker for me like it is for other people. I don’t know why the TV says it’s 60 fps though. Sometimes I’m not sure if my TV is getting an accurate fps read. Sometimes it will say “59 fps” locked and then sometimes 60. If I have 120 VRR enabled it will jump around depending what I’m doing in the game and fluctuate, like sometimes from 40 up to 100, depending if I am turning the camera fast or whatever.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Kraven

I’m nearing the end of Toluca Prison in Silent Hill 2 Remake. It’s been one of the more unsettling locations visited in the game. I can only imagine where we go afterwards, but I’m ready for it, I think.

Kraven

JohnnyShoulder

@Th3solution It doesn't really matter to me if a game is 30, 60 fps or whatever, as long as feels OK to play that is good enough for me. I've not bothered to check how it is doing when I'm playing as I've not noticed any performance dips, so I have not felt the need to.

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

Discovered the Limgrave Tunnels this morning in The Lands Between (the "world" of Elden Ring ) and got some smithing stones - plus five more from elsewhere, and upgraded my Greatsword to plus 3, plus applied an AoW to it, it's absolutely devastating against the low level fodder enemies now, but will require further levelling/upgrades in order to take on bosses at a later stage.

I thought the Limgrave Tunnels were fairly reminiscent of Stonefang from DeS.

[Edited by BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN]

"(Music is) a purposeless play. This play, however, is an affirmation of life" (paraphrased) - John Cage

FullMetalWesker

Been playing Gotham Knights as well, since it’s leaving this month and it seemed appropriate for this time of the year, and honestly have found myself liking it a bit more than I was expecting to. Admittedly it’s nowhere near to the polish of the Arkham games, but as a lower-grade “TV version” it’s decent enough most of the time.

I’ve also started the Dead Space remake, and Alan Wake 2. Haven’t gone far enough in to the latter to really get early impressions, but the former has been pretty good so far. A nice visual step up over the original that just helps sell the atmosphere a lot better (knowing how to freely control my character in the zero-g sections also helps )

FullMetalWesker

BaronSqwelch

I'm playing through a load of junk I bought in sales. I only want to play Silent Hill 2 while it's dark. So I'm currently playing X111 after buying it for £3.50 ages ago.

BaronSqwelch

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Kraven How would you rate the game out of 10 based on what you've played so far? (SH2 Remake)
I'm planning on getting the Deluxe Edition for Christmas.

BeyondKnight

I'm still playing Persona 3 Reload, about 12 hours in and enjoying my time with it

Xbox Gamer Tag: RipperKnight

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Kraven Oh, excellent ,definitely sounds worth playing then. Did you play OG Silent Hill 2? And if so, how does the Remake compare? In terms of gameplay, atmosphere ,characters etc.

xeofate

I went back to Diablo 4 over the weekend and have been playing it with Spotify in the background. It's ok but I don't think the Sorcerer class is the best, I'm not starting again though after making it to Act 3.

I also played the first 5 hours of Metaphor: ReFantazio. It's a tough enough game and there's a good few systems to learn. The presentation and music is top notch but the dungeon design is a bit rough. The story and dialogue is fairly engaging and you want to keep playing to see what happens next which is a good sign. One thing about the dungeons that annoys me is it doesn't really respect your time and you have to keep playing until you make it to a rest point when you can save your game. So you kind of have to plan ahead to block out some time to play it instead of picking it up to play in small doses.

xeofate

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic