Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,721 to 3,740 of 3,799

BeyondKnight

Started Persona 3 Reload, about an hour in.

Xbox Gamer Tag: RipperKnight

Kraven

I just reached Brookhaven Hospital in Silent Hill 2 Remake. This game went from being dull (to me, this first two hours were a slog) to exceptional.

Kraven

Jimmer-jammer

@Kraven Enjoying reading your progress! Hopefully the experience continues on that trajectory for you. Can’t wait to play it.

Edit: Out of curiosity, is there a quick turn?

[Edited by Jimmer-jammer]

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Jimmer-jammer

@Kraven Music to my ears, thanks!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

lotan666

I've finally finished Days Gone. It was a long, 60+ hour journey. I loved a few things about the game (visuals, combat, the bike) and was very frustrated with a few others (story, enemy AI, repetitiveness).

I think it's a curious example of a game that's been both underrated and overrated It's not as bad as the critics said after release (or at least it's no longer as bad, because it's been fixed technically) but it's not a hidden gem as well, at least not for me. It's a bit like The Last of Us in an open world, which is an exciting prospect, but the open world is Ubisoft-like.

I completed the story along with most side content (camps, NERO points etc.) and got the "secret ending". I still have some things to do in the game - mainly collectibles, nests and hordes and I may spend some more time with it but I don't think I'll be clearing the map. I heard the hordes are most fun but after defeating a dozen of them I have to say they also get a bit repetitive and there's more than 40 of them so it's a grind.

Now I'm moving to some FPS action for a while: Wolfenstein II.

[Edited by lotan666]

lotan666

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

I finally feel like I'm making some significant progress in Elden Ring. I've got the Lordsworn Greatsword (yes, another Greatsword, I know 😉 🤣) , upgraded to +3 and I had to do some farming for Smithing Stones to get it to that level, as I had previously upgraded my now inferior Longsword with the Smithing Stones I had previously acquired. Quite costly in terms of runes (souls) too!

Plus Str is at 38 now. Onto the trolls soon!

Edit: Str is at 40 now. Onto the trolls now.

[Edited by BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN]

"(Music is) a purposeless play. This play, however, is an affirmation of life" (paraphrased) - John Cage

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Bentleyma

Just finished Until Dawn, so my current games are Silent Hill 2 and Metaphor: ReFantazio. Both are pretty great so far.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Bentleyma Congratulations. I enjoyed Until Dawn on Ps4, but wouldn't replay. I liked the ending that I got. Wrapped up a few loose ends for me.

Edit: Which ending did you get?

"(Music is) a purposeless play. This play, however, is an affirmation of life" (paraphrased) - John Cage

lotan666

Gunnerzaurus wrote:

Would you play a sequel? Loved Days Gone myself

I would. I can always hope for improvements The backbone of the game is great - the combat, traversal and other mechanics. But I'd like a more interesting story and, especially, more variety in missions. Less simple fetch quests or following missions, more secrets and unique encounters in the open world, quality over quantity (I don't need 40 similiar hordes, lets have 15 unique ones).

I was not a huge fan of the 2018 God of War but I was still waiting for the sequel and it delivered everything that I wanted. I've also had some issues with Death Stranding but found enough good in it that I'm excited for the sequel.

[Edited by lotan666]

lotan666

torquex

Just finished with days gone it had some good stuff and i lost interest eventually. The motorbike is great, the napalm molotov is good and the the sound of the shotguns are just excellent i thought, open world is great and smooth gameplay but the main protagonist can be annoying with the yip yap, man there were so many times i wish he would just stfu, i don't care much for the story and the romance part is garbage and the colonel needed his head filled with lead what a moron. Traded days gone in for red dead redemption 2 and paid a fiver £5, thought i might be ok with 30 fps but it just struggles to render the world, i did play it on the pc years ago and it was a much better experience, a 60 fps patch would help out a lot for ps5 but that is a no go.

torquex

Bentleyma

@BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN The first ending I got was everyone except Josh survived, but that was only because I accidentally didn't read Hannah's diary all the way through. I was really confused when he died. I was hoping to get the new best ending for Josh, but I made a few wrong choices.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

NapoleonDynamite

I have been doing a manager career in EA FC 25. Managed to keep Ipswich in the prem (barely) and secured myself a move to Glasgow Rangers for next season. I look forward to my first taste of European football.

NapoleonDynamite

L4GANN

Silent hill 2 remake.

L4GANN

JohnnyShoulder

Gotham Kniights. It's only ok. It looks the part and feels smooth to play. The combat i fine enough, you can probably get away with button mashing until you come across some of the later enemies, as some you need to do stuff like stun them first.

My main gripe is that it can feel grindy unlocking the later Momenteum abilities for each hero, as it is beat x amount of this enemy. The only problem with that is some of these enemies don't always show up, so it is pot luck if they turn up or not.

Also had a few wieird glitches in cut scenes, like Nightwing with grey skin and two of same characters appearing in scenes. 😂

The characters are bit of a mixed bag for me. I didn't like the design of Harlequin and the VO for Batgirl grates with me for some reason. Some of the dialogue feels a bit lame and very cliched too.

Overall I am enjoying the game though and hopefully will finish it before it leaves PS Plus.

[Edited by JohnnyShoulder]

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

JohnnyShoulder

@colonelkilgore Yeah it feels very similar to those games, although I don't think you can string together an eighty move combo like in the Arkham games.

You have seperate melee and ranged attacks and dodge button. Then your special abilities mapped to R2 + the face buttons. Their is a bar you need to power up in order to use them.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

colonelkilgore

@JohnnyShoulder so from memory I don’t think there was much ranged in Arkhmam unless I’m forgetting… so is that something that is more of a focus in Gotham?

currently residing in PS3 Purgatory

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

I got the Greatsword, at last, in Elden Ring this morning. Caelid is definitely an area very reminiscent of the old school Souls games - could be something out of DeS or DkS quite easily. Haunting and eerie. And the enemies there certainly pack a punch! I died once there trying to get the aforementioned Greatsword. Feeling OP with it already.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic