Forums

Topic: Your Latest PlayStation 5 Purchase

Posts 201 to 220 of 226

Bentleyma

After playing the demo I had to pre-order Metaphor: ReFantazio. I was disappointed when the demo ended. It was surprisingly long though. Took me roughly 5 hours to finish.

I also picked up Palworld to play in co-op. We probably won't get round to playing it just yet because we're in the middle of playing 7 Days to Die - Console Edition, but it'll be the next game on our list.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Malaise

Lil Gator Game

I was a huge fan of semi-open platform games such as Banjo Kazooie, and when I saw this, it reminded me of that. The trailer is absolutely adorable, and it just went on sale so I snapped (ha) it up. Hopefully it's as fun as it looks!

Malaise

BeyondKnight

Picked up Sand Land, Atlas Fallen & Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth

Xbox Gamer Tag: RipperKnight

BeyondKnight

@Khwarezm89 Looking forward to playing it, got it on sale thru Woot as they have some great video game sales

Xbox Gamer Tag: RipperKnight

Ravix

FC25 πŸ’€πŸ’€πŸ’€

Sometimes I just can't be bothered to get stuck into a good game, I guess πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
βš”οΈπŸ›‘πŸŽ

Ravix

@Yousef- better off burning money tbf

βš”οΈπŸ›‘πŸŽ

Ravix

It's not actually too bad. I mean it is, but they must have fixed the servers so it isn't a wait around simulator at least, and matchmaking was actually fast. The only real problem now is that it is FC25 and not anything else ever made ever, but hey ho πŸ˜…πŸ˜…

βš”οΈπŸ›‘πŸŽ

Khwarezm89

@Ravix I guess EA FC 25 except the Ultimate team is a good Football game. I played Career mode in EA FC 24 and it wasn't that bad. Got EA FC 25 but decided to play Ultimate team but not competitive and getting all the meta players blah blah blah. Instead I'm building Liverpool FC team and hopefully in the future I can get their heroes and Icons players too

Khwarezm89

PSN: Khwarezm_89 | Twitter:

colonelkilgore

Just picked up Wanted Dead. I remember liking what I saw of it prior to its release but then the stone-cold reaction from the various reviewers across the board put me off and I hadn’t considered it since. Saw a couple of peeps gushing about it in the WAYPTW article though and it stirred some curiosity. Actually looks frikkin awesome, with a major patch to the balancing made earlier this year. From what I gather it’s incredibly difficult and that might’ve been a big part of why the critics reacted to it so negatively but I have a feeling it could be a very good Character Action Game if your willing to invest the time and effort.

**** DLC!

Malaise

@colonelkilgore It is exceptionally challenging, and completely underbaked from a technical perspective. On the flipside, the combat system is really good. When you get it going, slicing up and shooting enemies, dancing from cover to cover, feels really impressive and deliberate. Unfortunately, those moments are few and far between as it's just not tight enough, so when you get destroyed, which happens quite often, it's easy to blame the game rather than skill. Of which I'll readily admit I don't have much.

I think the cast and style might have rubbed people the wrong way a little, too. For better or worse, people are as sensitive as they've ever been and the game unabashedly has an 80's style and does not care. It's tropey and it's insensitive. I thoughts the cast and style were great.

I like what it's going for, and I like where its heart is. I think you'll like it, but there's no question that a significant amount of extra time in the oven would have done wonders.

[Edited by Malaise]

Malaise

colonelkilgore

@Malaise interesting stuff, cheers for providing a bit more context into why it received the reaction it did. I’m intrigued though, the combination of a more deliberate Character Action melee and third-person shooter combat is pretty much the dream… if executed well.

There isn’t even a trophy guide out for it… probably a combination of the sheer difficulty of the platinum (have to complete it on all 6 difficulties including Japanese-Hard) and the extremely small player base that ignored the reviews and actually played it. I have a feeling that if it did have one, the platinum difficulty would be rated up there with Metal Gear Rising and Devil May Cry 5 as the most difficult platinums for the genre.

[Edited by colonelkilgore]

**** DLC!

Malaise

@colonelkilgore Of course. I'll be honest, I want to like it a lot more than I actually do. At the moment it remains unfinished, but I do intend to get through it as I do genuinely enjoy the creative elements, story/characters/world. I'll certainly be interested to read your impressions when you get to it. And I'll be super impressed if you platinum it, though you have absolutely nothing to prove to anyone. You're a machine!

Malaise

Ravix

@Khwarezm89 I didn't even know FUT had a non competitive element to it tbh 😬 I really only play one game mode, and that game mode is Clubs/Pro Clubs.

How is it going anyway? I've found it really quite easy to get cheeky little dinked assists this year, which is a nice bonus, as I really only ever play Fifa for playing as a team and scoring memorable goals as a team and having a laugh (and getting mildly wound up, ofc) πŸ˜… The rest I don't really care about as long as there's goals and assists aplenty. The AI is as bad as ever, and it has exactly the same bugs as ever too. So it is very much FC indeed.

[Edited by Ravix]

βš”οΈπŸ›‘πŸŽ

colonelkilgore

@Malaise cheers buddy, though I think I’d actually impress myself if I managed to pull this one off πŸ˜…. Think it’s probably beyond me though. I will have a go though… and at the DMCV and MGR plats too eventually 🀞

[Edited by colonelkilgore]

**** DLC!

Bentleyma

Just bought Until Dawn and pre-ordered Horizon Zero Dawn Remastered on a whim. I finish work at 4:30 tomorrow afternoon, so I'm hoping to play as much of Until Dawn as I can before Silent Hill 2 releases. I wasn't originally going to get it, but I've been meaning to replay the original game, so I might as well play the remake. As for Horizon, I couldn't resist the Β£10 upgrade price.

Bentleyma

PSN: Bentleyma-

Malaise

Metaphor Refantazio

I wasn't going to go day one here, but I've been looking forward to it for as long as I can remember, and I'm genuinely excited for it which is kind of an unusual feeling for me these days. Other than possibly Farming Simulator 25 and the already pre-ordered CoD, that's it for D1's until 2025 where the next one shall almost certainly be the upcoming Like a Dragon game.

Malaise

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic