Forums

Topic: Corona Virus Panic/Discussion Thread

Posts 761 to 780 of 2,320

Octane

@Heavyarms55 Look at it from the positive side. It will all be over by Easter, everything will be solved by then. I'm stuck inside till June at least.

Octane

Gremio108

Found out last night that I'm going to be getting paid while this is going on. Thank goodness. Feels like a weight has been lifted off my chest. Soon to be replaced by the virus, no doubt.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

andreoni79

So let's talk about herd immunity...

Praise the Sun, and Mario too.

PSN: andreoni79

Ralizah

Boris Johnson is really leaning into that herd immunity thing. Leading by example.

Currently Playing: Fields of Mistria (PC); Cookie Clicker (PC); Metaphor: ReFantazio demo (PC)

Ugh. Men.

PSN: Ralizah

themcnoisy

@Gremio108 boom. Get in mate.

Being furloughed into definite wages whilst off is the best thing since, well pretty much anything really.

I was never the biggest fan of the Conservatives, however the idea and implementation of the payments has been amazing all things considered.

Forum Best Game of All Time Awards

PS3 Megathread 2019: The Last of Us
Multiplat 2018: Horizon Zero Dawn
Nintendo 2017: Super Mario Bros 3
Playstation 2016: Uncharted 2
Multiplat 2015: Final Fantasy 7

PSN: mc_noisy

Rudy_Manchego

@Gremio108 Nice one fella! I'll bet that was a relief.

Went to pharmacy for my daughter who has chosen the worse time to get an ear infection, and it was tragically british. Queue outside, everyone awkwardly dancing around each other but being awefully polite and making odd small talk. Felt quite patriotic.

Then had to queue for 30 minutes to get into a supermarket but well organised, spaced out and no one being difficult or grumpy. Food well stocked overall though a few shortages. The good news is I found more beer.

Now I may be an idiot, but there's one thing I am not sir, and that sir, is an idiot

PSN: Rudy_Manchego | Twitter:

Gremio108

Thanks folks. I am now free to concentrate on my family, listening to music and of course, gaming. I still think it's surely just a matter of time until the virus hits our household though. The speed these kids go through stuff is unbelievable. I'm having to go to the shop every other day.

RR529

My city has recorded it's first 3 cases today. I'll probably be able to last at least another week or two before having to go to the store myself, but that's partly because my mother works in a grocery store & can't help but buy a little something each day before coming home.

Good in the sense that we probably won't run out of supplies, but bad in that we'll probably get it eventually. My brother & father also both have to go in for work as well (my brother at Burger King, and my father works in billing for the hospital).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

themcnoisy

Bloomin heck, Italy can't catch a break. In reality there must be a million infected people there for the stats to keep pacing as is. Spain likewise is in a bad place.

We know about the US becoming the 'next epicentre' due to all of the news. However my money is on Turkey, those guys flew under the radar for quite some time, remember the stories about them having no cases a couple of weeks back?

The infections are really stamping their authority now. The world biggest harbinger of refugees, on the rails with crowded cities and an average health care system. That's a terrible triumvirate.

Thrillho

Glad to hear everyone is doing alright.

The hospital I work in hasn’t been hit too bad so far. It’s pretty weird though as so much outpatient/elective work has been cancelled so it’s actually pretty quiet in my department for the time being.

Loving the empty roads to get to work too! I also feel quite lucky to be able to go to work and maintain some semblance of normality and get to see/speak to other people (from a distance).

I am a teeny bit jealous of those who get to sit and game all day though

Thrillho

Th3solution

@TowaHerschel7 Good to see you.

Yeah, we ought to have a roll call to make sure all the Push Squarians are okay. Wonder what our infection and mortality rate is. Surely gaming boosts the immune system.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

themcnoisy

@WanderingBullet you would actually be surprised, I'm finding isolation a doddle. My daughter thinks it's the best thing ever. My youngest sons absolutely love it.

My wife on the other hand hates it. Shes itching to go out. Nightmare she is.

My eldest son thinks he's missing out, I get that I was 19 once myself. But no one Is doing anything! May as well have a laugh at home or on the computer. But no, sits there with the weight of the world on his shoulders.

Stats time

Cases which had an outcome:

133,358 (83%)
Recovered / Discharged

27,355 (17%)
Deaths

This was meant to be coming down by now. These are black plague type figures.

nessisonett

@themcnoisy Being the same age as your eldest son, I feel the same way! I had a few gigs I was going to, looking forward to summer and stuff but now I feel trapped inside without being able to see my pals. At least exams were cancelled, eh?

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Gremio108

I went to Asda this morning and had my first experience of queuing to get in the shop. So, so weird. They had toilet roll though, so it was worth it

Gremio108

@LN78 Yeah, exactly. Once inside, it was fine. Although my slight guilt about the people queuing outside meant I felt compelled to rush, and I went a bit Supermarket Sweep as a result. Dale Winton would have been proud of me.

EDIT For American Push Squarers, Supermarket Sweep was (is) a game show where the objective is to leg it around a pretend supermarket as quickly as possible, grabbing certain items at the request of uber-tanned host Dale Winton, who is (was) clearly too lazy to do his own shopping, despite having a personal supermarket at his disposal. Is there an American equivalent of this show?

God knows who America's answer to Dale Winton is.

[Edited by Gremio108]

Genrou

@Gremio108 Yeah we do have Supermarket Sweep over here but as for the host, beats me. I never really watched the show, but have seen it on cable guides and such.

Genrou

This topic has been archived, no further posts can be added.