Forums

Topic: Push Square Formula 1 thread - F1

Posts 861 to 864 of 864

BearsEatBeets

I'm a little disappointed it didn't quite go to plan for Maclaren. It was a good overtake by Piastri but also one that really cut up his team mate's line through the chicane and compromised him. Still it's hard not to pleased for Charles getting that win for Ferrari.
Maclaren clearly a bit harder on their tyres than expected so I was quite surprised Lando managed to pull out the fastest lap at the end again. He's clearly thinking about every point. Not the point gain he would have hoped for but still a small gain.
If Ferrari can keep it up the constructors might become a 3 way fight.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets indeed. Happy for Charles, Ferrari, and a fun race for fans.

But Lando will be kicking himself again over a bad start and dropped points vs Max. Though if Max is going to finish further down the order more frequently perhaps there is a chance, but he had a bad qualifying, can’t expect that every race.

[Edited by themightyant]

themightyant

BearsEatBeets

What an entertaining qualifying. I'm hopeful this will be a really good race tomorrow. Appalling luck for Lando with the yellow flag but it was quite surprising the extent of the track evolution towards the end of Q1.
Some great displays from Bearman and Colapinto with the latter probably achieving more in his second weekend than Sargeant did over a season and a hlaf.

BearsEatBeets

PSN: leejon5

themightyant

@BearsEatBeets i was away this weekend but stayed up to date via radio and saw the start and end of the race on my phone. Seemed like a cracker. Another well deserved win for Piastri and McLaren who are into the lead in the constructors. That didn't seem realistic after 10 races, when Max had won 7, even with Checo misfiring, but here we are, good stuff.

Lando closed his gap on Max but only by a bit and the average number of points needed to beat him by each race actually increased. That yellow was very unfortunate and costly. Title still seems a bit of a long shot BUT if Max keeps finishing off the podium and Lando can win a few the gap could quickly shrink. But races are running short and it's "if, if, if".

@BearsEatBeets Completely agree about Bearman and Colapinto, great drives. I liked Lewis short but sweet post race chat where he praised them and said F1's future is bright.

themightyant

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic