Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 9,121 to 9,140 of 9,289

Yousef-

@Th3solution oh yeah sorry about the random ping also. Funny thing i was gonna probably do another ping in the themes thread, mainly ranting about Josef again but I was getting lazy.

On a side note, I’ve outlined the script for the guide yes, I’m making this sound like it’s some movir and yes, I script my comments, problem? Jokes aside I look forward to getting back home. It’s shocking that the only time I leave short messages is when I’m temporally forced since I’m on the move. Bye bye.

CLICK FOR PUSH SQUARE CLUB TITLE LIST VOTES, JOIN US!
We are playing ⚔️ Child of Light. ⚔️

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution Yeah totally, about the world being a crazy place, I mean I've heard about what's been happenning in your particular part of the globe recently and apparently that's got everybody talking! I am the same about FromSoft games, I will normally only save at a bonfire, lantern or achstone, or, when I eventually play Elden Ring properly, a site of grace after either a farming session or right before or after a boss, depending on which game it is and how generous they are with save points.

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@Yousef- 😄 Not a problem. Drop a ping anytime. I’m genuinely curious about Musou’s but also don’t want you to feel pressured to go out of your way.

And feel free to ‘mean girl mode’ it up again over there about the good Mr Josef 😅. I’m curious. He’s not kin to me or anything so I won’t take offense.

But most importantly, take care of yourself and get your move handled. Sounds like it’s a lot. Push Square isn’t going anywhere.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN Games that I know I might be away from for a while I really try to make my save at the end of a chapter or at a natural breakpoint. Even with that, I’ve been known to go back to something and be totally lost as to what I was supposed to be doing. 😅

As far as the goings-on in the States, I don’t even know what to say. I sometimes feel like I’m living in a mockumentary.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ralizah

@Th3solution I'm teetering on the edge of being a prepper at this point. This country is cooked, and no matter how things go this year, we'll always be one bad election away from authoritarianism now.

Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition NG+ (PS4); Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (NS)

Ugh. Men.

PSN: Ralizah

Yousef-

@Th3solution after eating my shawarma and driving my way back home I will hit you back with the josef attack, promise 💪
My pops asked me to bring him some groceries so that’s why I’m outside often (which is great cuz staying at home worsens my social anxiety, ironically enough. Also I love that I can say as many unrelated thighs as possible in this thread. POWER)
Funny you mention the kin thing, you might say josef being an arab descent and indirectly representing my people is why I feel extra harsh towards him

CLICK FOR PUSH SQUARE CLUB TITLE LIST VOTES, JOIN US!
We are playing ⚔️ Child of Light. ⚔️

Th3solution

@Ralizah It’s troubling when real life is stranger than fiction.
I think I like the prepper idea. Maybe I’ll go stock up on canned beans and bottled water this weekend.

Ralizah

@Th3solution This decade sucks, man. Some of the real life headlines coming out of this country would have looked far-fetched in political satire. Go back in time, write a novel about Donald Trump's fascist cult and the Heritage Foundation openly plotting to dismantle the U.S. government, and people would've said it's too stupid to even be enjoyed as dark comedy.

Having an emergency supply to fall back on is always a good idea. Nobody knows when the next emergency situation is going to be until it's too late. Recall 2020 and toilet paper shortages, lol. Rice is also a good thing to stock up on.

By the way, this is a bit late, but I don't think I ever thanked you for reaching out to RogerRoger and updating us on him. So thank you.

Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition NG+ (PS4); Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (NS)

Ugh. Men.

Jimmer-jammer

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN Sounds like your play through is going swimmingly then, nice work! Yeah, I really enjoyed the remake. Enough to play through it twice, anyway.

I usually play these games as kind of a battle-mage type character 🤷‍♂️ but I have a sword that scales with arcane and deals massive blood damage so I suppose I'm rocking a blood build. I also recently finished Planet of Lana, which was lovely. Cheers!

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Th3solution

@Ralizah The future is indeed scary. I continue to hold some faith in humankind, but it is certainly wavering. Hang in there, my friend. We have three more months of this, followed by who-knows-what.

Speaking of faith in humankind, as for Rog, I have a dream that one day I walk into the bookstore and see on the rack of bestsellers a book written by an author with the pen name “RogerRoger” and I’ll immediately buy 20 copies.

But anyway, I was happy to get the update for everyone. No sweat. 👍🏼

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah @Malaise @Th3solution From the outside looking in, America feels like it has become a parody of itself. Almost like watch an earlier episode of The Simpsons.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

@Th3solution I don't see things improving in any long-term sense until violence explodes. Meaningful electoral shifts in power that might have led to deeper, more structural progressive changes to our society are largely pointless with an activist supreme court that discards previous rulings and decades of precedent like so much toilet paper. And once another openly corrupt politician inevitably gets into the oval office again (maybe in a few months with Trump), they've empowered him or her to abuse their station by making it almost impossible for anyone to hold them accountable for their actions while in office.

The real kicker is that a giant portion of the population (especially older generations) has been groomed into yearning for authoritarian rule for decades by right-wing propaganda in the media.

@JohnnyShoulder

Oh, we're in full Idiocracy territory at this point.

@Malaise lol

At least the shells can be used to scoop, as painful as it sounds.

Ugh. Men.

JohnnyShoulder

@Malaise @Ralizah Yeah same here, I thought I was watching an SNL skit or something. Oh dear.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Anti-Matter

Just curious.
Does PS3 machine have their machine Region printed on their body?
Wonder if there is a model for PS3 Slim USA Region.

Anti-Matter

Ravix

@Ralizah I genuinely thought this film was too dumb to be anything other than silly stoner satire, but it turns out it is in fact a legitmate documentary left to us by a time traveller

Untitled

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

nessisonett

@Ralizah At least one advantage of the RNC being on is seeing our reject politicians go over and literally nobody knows who they are.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Th3solution

@Kidfried Yeah, I put a brief update over in the Goodbye/Vacation thread a couple weeks ago. I reached out to Rog and sent a summary of well-wishes and thoughts from the forum crew here and he sends his best back as well and his apologies to the PS forum folks for any worry or inconvenience his departure may have caused. He replied in his usual kind and gracious manner, so I assume he’s alright. It was a fairly simply exchange but brought me some relief just to know he’s still out there spreading his good vibes, no doubt.

nessisonett

Untitled

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic