Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 9,141 to 9,160 of 9,289

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

Decided to share this track on here. Decided to make it my final recording as a guitarist, think it best represents what I have been trying to achieve in music for the past few years. Now back onto video games! For the future!

[Edited by BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN]

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Yousef- Thanks! Appreciate the feedback! Hope you enjoy the rest of it!

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Jimmer-jammer Shared my final track a few posts above this one, hope you can find the time to listen to it and let me know if you enjoyed it, it's my last recording - feel like I've done what I wanted to do on the guitar in terms of recording/documenting myself at what I feel is the best of my abilities on the el g (to use jazz terminology) now and am moving back on to gaming as my main hobby/interest, so just mentioning you as you've provided morale support with my music in the past! All the best!

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

Just reflecting on music now, I have played guitar on/off for about 20 years now, and have only recently felt satisfied with the sound I was initially going for in the first place, but please note I have only been focusing on how to play guitar solos for the last five years or so, when I got into jazz and moved on to a different genre from rock. So even though I am not playing rock music now, I still feel satisfied with my musical output that was garnered from seeing a rock band composed of my peers, as a teenager, that inspired me to compose my own music and form bands in the first place. Anyway that is all moving on now, b/c like I said in the first place, I finally feel satisfied with one of my musical performances, and have, to a certain extent, at least to my satisfaction, matched the performance of that band at that initial gig twenty years ago - and now I can move forward. How life moves in circles, eh? How fate shapes us?

oliverp

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN Thanks it was nice of you to share it. Hope you stick around to discuss games here now.

[Edited by oliverp]

oliverp

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

Well, after playing through Rise of the Ronin and most of RE2 REmake I have come to the conclusion, that, like for many others, Miyazaki's work has ruined gaming at large for me. 🤣. It's just a subconscious thing, coming to surface now, I'm realising that I just don't derive the same sense of satisfaction from overcoming tremendous odds that I do from Miyazaki's games, with other games. So, yeah, onto Elden Ring SOTE Edition asap and maybe come back to RE2 and other studio's games after that, possibly. 😉

Edit: Actually, upon reflection and, consulting a guide, 🤣😉I will go back to RE2 REmake as I feel that was a bit of an impulsive decision and I'm actually inclined to stick it out for the duration!

Yousef-

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN if it’s any consolation I believe you will eventually find other creators you will love. I felt the same about Miyazaki and multiple others like Dan Houser of GTA fame or Keiji Inafune of Dead Rising fame but eventually you’ll find new guys to love and also how’s rise? Any better than Wo Long?

CLICK FOR PUSH SQUARE CLUB TITLE LIST VOTES, JOIN US!
We are playing ⚔️ Child of Light. ⚔️

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Yousef- I never played Wo Long, but I have heard Rise of the Ronin is like a slightly easier version of the Nioh games, I certainly found most of it manageable but I had to become very efficient with the 'parry' mechanic in order to make it through. And thank you for your words of consolation.😃

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Yousef- Also, you strike me as someone who may be quite well-read? If so, or if you're interested in reading, you may or may not have noticed the dedicated 'Books' thread we have over here on Push Square. Hopefully I'll see you posting in there sometime!
https://www.pushsquare.com/forums/ps_general_discussion/books...

Yousef-

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN actually I’m a little unsure if the stuff I read is recommendable, as I don’t quite read books to learn history, acquaire wisdom or even follow a plot. In fact, all my stuff is not only strictly non-fiction but a lot of them act as auto biographies or means for me to navigate the minds of their writers. Art of War is the only “mainstream” book I’ve read. The rest is either deepcut stuff like The Disaster Artist or things you’d rarely bring up in a book reading discourse like Art of the Deal.

CLICK FOR PUSH SQUARE CLUB TITLE LIST VOTES, JOIN US!
We are playing ⚔️ Child of Light. ⚔️

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Yousef- Someone recently mentioned The Disaster Artist in the Books Thread.

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Yousef- I just checked and you're right - it was you! So sorry for my gross oversight, hopefully we can have some good discussion in that thread at some point!

Jimmer-jammer

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN Nice, dude! Glad you’re feeling satisfied with where things are at for you artistically. That’s a nice place to be 😄

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

Anyone else feel like that Olympics opening ceremony just… wasn’t very good? Quite disjointed with it taking place on the river, completely lacking in atmosphere you’d get in a stadium. The boats with the athletes took the fun away from the parade too, felt like they were stilted and on rails rather than being able to march together as a group, with not even all the athletes turning up. Celine Dion was the highlight!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

I think jazz musicians play music just for the pure art of it. Jazz music is not very lucrative nowadays, so they can't be in it for the money. I give them maximum respect for that.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic