Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 9,161 to 9,180 of 9,288

JohnnyShoulder

Snoop looks like he is having a good time at the Olympics! 🤣

Untitled

[Edited by JohnnyShoulder]

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

Hope you lot are all staying safe with these riots going on. Scary times.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

sorteddan

@nessisonett
But of bother round here yesterday. Protesters on both sides decide to get their point across by attacking police, throwing glass bottles, setting fire to bins and attacking/looting shops including a specsavers. Regardless of individual beliefs and allegiances who has an issue with specsavers?!

Fortunately I didn't need to be anywhere near the city centre so it didn't directly affect me but the increasing tension is a concern. Hope it simmers down and hope it's not affecting anyone else either.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

nessisonett

@Falcon94 Yeah, my auntie’s out Coulby Newham way, looks like the fascists have set up a blockade on the roads in the main areas and only letting through those with white skin. Horrifying, totally ridiculous to see the BBC both siding it too, drawing equivalences between the rioters and the ones trying to defend the mosques.

Yousef-

WiiWareWave wrote:

@Yousef- I love your new avatar! What anime series is she from?

Welcome back and I apologize for not responding. The girl in my pfp when you asked that question was Nicole from zenless zone zero.
Also, how are you? As for your other question I’ll answer it later but the basic short answer is I have life stuff. A lot. Tons of social anxiety too sometimes.

CLICK FOR PUSH SQUARE CLUB TITLE LIST VOTES, JOIN US!
We are playing ⚔️ Child of Light. ⚔️

JohnnyShoulder

What I don't get is why are people filming themselves who are then rioting? An increase of smart phones but a decrease of smart people.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Yousef- That's cool, I hope you find it valuable and informative. Thanks for taking the time to read!

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Yousef-

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN no problem xD
First off, I have a few things to say.

I’m actually happy to see Kenneth working on it, as DSIII was probably my favorite ps4 game of all time.

I can’t assess what this will be, however I’m glad it is seemingly a standalone project, or at least not a sequel to ER, as it feels that game explored everything it could with the open world.

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Yousef- Yeah, I'm glad you loved DSIII apparently as much as I did. I agree that with ER FromSoftware succeeded in fulfilling Miyazaki's vision 100%. On a seemingly unrelated note, albeit you must consider that we are still in the 'RPG' domain here, how do you feel about the recent article/news/rumour that Soul Reaver 1/2 are getting remasters? I know you like hard-proven facts, but if it is true, will you play them if you can get a Ps5?

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder They feel emboldened by the support for their ‘cause’ in the papers, through social media and by the main parties over the last election. There’s guys out there with full on swastika tattoos on their backs, marching side by side with ‘concerned citizens’. No masks, out and proud while blocking entrances to hotels with migrants and setting fire to them. It’s a failing of the political system, pandering to the very worst racists so much that they think they’ll have a go at enforcing their demands through force. That’s the thing isn’t it, if you’re marching with guys doing Nazi salutes and full on tattoos from the EDL, and you haven’t kicked them out your march, then you’re at a Nazi rally. Any argument from the mob about being justified will have to fall on deaf ears otherwise they’ll be legitimising a very scary bunch of people marching alongside them.

JohnnyShoulder

Yousef- wrote:

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN I’ll give it a read but I usually prefer hard-proven stuff rather than rumors or speculation xD

Untitled

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution Hey, my friend ,How are you, how's it going? I just wanted to check in to say I get the slight feeling you may be somewhat dissatisfied with your DS2 experience, from your posts on the subject, with specific regard to it not being the same in your eyes as DS1, and taking extended breaks from the game, I also get the impression you may not be enjoying it as much as Demon's Souls Remake or Bloodborne either, and I just wanted to say it's obvs ok to give up on it if it's not gelling with you/the experience you were seeking/looking for. Dark Souls III is more of a direct sequel to DS1/overall more cohesive experience in terms of tying all the knots together, of the storyline. Hope all is well.

[Edited by BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN]

Yousef-

BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN wrote:

@Th3solution Hey, my friend ,How are you, how's it going? I just wanted to check in to say I get the slight feeling you may be somewhat dissatisfied with your DS2 experience, from your posts on the subject, with specific regard to it not being the same in your eyes as DS1, and taking extended breaks from the game, I also get the impression you may not be enjoying it as much as Demon's Souls Remake or Bloodborne either, and I just wanted to say it's obvs ok to give up on it if it's not the experience you were seeking/looking for. Dark Souls III is more of a direct sequel to DS1/overall more cohesive experience in terms of tying all the knots together, of the storyline. Hope all is well.

If he quits he’s not a true Miyazaki fan >.>
All jokes aside, he hasn’t posted in most threads in a while, might just be busy with irl stuff, I presume

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Yousef- Actually DS2 wasn't directed by Miyazaki.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic