Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 9,201 to 9,220 of 9,288

JohnnyShoulder

@LN78 I could swear that was just some grub in the comments section!

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Th3solution

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN Thanks, mate. I hadn’t seen that yet. I’ll surely drop some comments over on the article about my thoughts since I’m currently playing it.

Edit: Indeed, I left some expanded thoughts over there if you’re interested.

[Edited by Th3solution]

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution I read your comments/thoughts on the game and thought it was a very accurate summary of my brief experience/what I have heard about the game. Your welcome for the link and Thanks for your thoughts, mate!

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Anti-Matter

Good morning.
Today is our 79th anniversary of Independence Day in my country Indonesia. ☺
I used the screenshot from ACNH to celebrate Independence Day.
Untitled

MERDEKA...!

Anti-Matter

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

Whittled down my previous list in PS4 Backloggery & Most Wanted to this lot;

Resident Evil 2 Remake
Resident Evil 4 Gold Edition
Silent Hill 2 Remake Deluxe Edition
Death Stranding Director's Cut Digital Deluxe Edition
Star Wars Jedi: Survivor Deluxe Edition
Elden Ring SOTE Deluxe Edition (aim to plat)
Lords of the Fallen
Death Stranding 2 : On the Beach
Black Myth: Wukong
Resident Evil 7 Biohazard :Gold Edition

Bringing the list over here as I wanted to add that I don't intend to play games forever, as I have an interest in exploring other things in life as I get older. and intend to take an interest in/research black art and literature after I stop gaming, (after completing the games on that list) it just doesn't make sense to me to do the same thing, outside of a vocation (counselling psychology) that I'm interested in, employment-wise, in terms of a hobby or interest, in my spare time, for the rest of my life.

Thoughts?

[Edited by BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN]

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Jimmer-jammer Hey man. How are you? Do you think you will be playing Black Myth: Wukong? If so, will that be in the next couple of days when it's out? I'd be interested to know your impressions, if you do play.

LtSarge

I've realised today that my interest in gaming is starting to wane. Usually during the weekends, I just stay home and play games. But today I felt like going out on a walk, enjoying the warm weather and listening to some music. I even walked one mile today, i.e. a Scandinavian mile (10 km). It just feels nice to get exercise and enjoy life rather than being cooped up at home. I guess I'm getting too old for games lol. I'm even starting to lose interest for cartoonish/childish games. I wanted to play Sly Cooper 3 this weekend but I've been mostly playing Red Dead Redemption II. It's weird to experience changes like these considering how I've lived like this for such a long time.

LtSarge

Th3solution

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN I always figured I’d eventually give up gaming, but with each passing year, my interest has not waned. I think that I might play video games until the day I die. I don’t know. I’ve had similar thoughts about just finishing off a backlog of games and then maybe stepping away, but there always seems to be new games that keep my interest. By my estimates, my current backlog could realistically carry me for another 5 years.

I think as the medium continues to evolve, it will continue to encompass interests for a wide demographic range. I know people in their 80’s who play games.

Nevertheless it is important, imo, to maintain a diversity of interests, hobbies, and activities. I think that’s healthy. And certainly there are only so many hours in the day. But I think that even though my playtime has been shrinking, I can’t see myself giving up all gaming anytime soon.

There’s definitely some great games on your list and some that have yet to release, so you might find that by the time you finish those there will be another dozen games that you want to experience - all in parallel with any new hobbies and vocations. Elden Ring 2, or Dark Souls 4, or Bloodborne 2 will likely be announced by the time you complete your list. 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@LtSarge I had commented to Black Swordsman above before I saw your comment, but it relates to your situation. My own gaming interests have evolved too, and sometimes I do other things like sports, outdoors, reading, travel, etc. But I always eventually come back to my games. A break from time to time isn’t a bad idea though.

Yousef-

As weird as this may sound, I don’t see gaming as something I intend to stop. I don’t see it as intrusive or a hindrance to my life, and my interest in it never goes away. I suppose it’s just a natural part of me, just like my interest in comics, manga, wrestling, cooking and other cook stuff yeah yeah :0

CLICK FOR PUSH SQUARE CLUB TITLE LIST VOTES, JOIN US!
We are playing ⚔️ Child of Light. ⚔️

LtSarge

@Th3solution For me, it's more like I have to do other things in order to be in a mood to play games. For example, if I go for a long walk, then I'll be tired when I come home that I just want to sit down on the couch and play a game. Same when I come home from work.

@Yousef- Well it's not something you'll be able to control. Even if you don't plan on stopping, one day you may wake up and realise that you don't like games as much as you did before. That's what happened to me, it's not like I wanted to lose interest in gaming considering how much I love it.

LtSarge

Yousef-

@LtSarge I get that, and it’s totally spooky o.o
But I don’t quite think about it that deeply, I’ve had consistent interest in gaming for 20 years, I don’t treat it like it’s my life mission to play games, it’s just a hobby. So I don’t quite see myself “losing interest” in the sense that others are trying to convey. I feel I know myself well enough to know that.

Th3solution

@Yousef- I actually wonder what gaming will be like in 20 years. That’s another variable that makes it hard to predict. I assume I’ll have slower reaction-times and realistically not be able to participate in the highest level of whatever the latest gaming craze is in 2044. Will I just be playing retro PS5 games? Will PS9 be back compatible all the way to this generation? What will God of War Ragnarok look like on my Super holographic 4-dimensional display? All the kid will be stepping into their haptic suits and plugging their consoles into the AV jacks in their skulls and I’ll be sitting there in front of my OLED playing a flat screen single input device like an old loser. 😂

Yousef-

@Th3solution my gaming habits or skills haven’t quite changed in the past 20 years, and seeing how there’s people gaming in their 60s and old people who are still quite sharp, I feel like “getting slower” might be an excuse or a lack of self-accountability…. Or maybe that’s just my “hard-worker” mentality >.>….. never get soft, always stay sharp… you never know when the fate of the universe will lie in your hand and you’ll need to fight fight fight…v.v…. C’est la vie cest la vie indeed….. v.v, due to my attitude as a self-blaimer, I tend to rarely complain, regardless if it’s either silly games or serious business…>.> maybe that’s why I can stress out a lot, perhaps I need to drop a word in the mental health thread… such as life, such as life v.v…

Th3solution

@Yousef- I’m a better and more thorough gamer than I was when I was a kid, but I do think maybe reflexes and reactions are a touch slower. But I make up for it by superior ability to analyze puzzles and have better patience with my games. But twitchy shooters and platformers I was probably better at when I was a little lad.

As an example, when I first played Dark Souls back 12 years ago I gave up pretty quick. And now here I am, 2/3 of the way through my fourth Souls game enjoying it and taking it slow, easy, and tactically.

Yousef-

@Th3solution oh hey, I can actually relate to you there 0.0
I do adore a good puzzle or a more methodical challenge over one that relies reflexes and muscle memory ;00
For example, in the past 5 years, I’ve fully developed my niche for methodical action games o.o ones that demand you understand the system or boss at all, rather than simply ask you to be quick on your feet and then give you an uninteresting or uncomplicated pattern v.v
Actually, methodical action games are more underrated in my opinion. People use “fast paced” as a compliment, even though it’s not an inherent positive, and use “slow action” as an insult, even though it’s an inherent negative… pitiful v.v I like slower gameplay :c

Jimmer-jammer

@BlAcK_SwOrDsMaN Hey, man! Sorry, got away for a few days for our anniversary. Black Myth looks very interesting to me but I’ll be holding off on it for a bit. I’ve got Hi-Fi Rush on the go, along with Still Wakes the Deep, then I’ll be tackling Final Fantasy VII Rebirth. Astro Bot and Silent Hill 2 will round out the year for me.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic