Forums

Topic: The Chit Chat Thread

Posts 9,221 to 9,240 of 9,287

nessisonett

@Yousef- It’s good to see such detailed journalism from this industry still, even after other sites have shut and the push towards SEO-oriented content.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

LieutenantFatman

Oh wow, that's quite a read. Makes you think twice about trusting anyone you haven't met in person.

LieutenantFatman

MightyDemon82

Is anyone trying for Oasis tickets this morning? It's going to be chaos online I reckon.

MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

@Malaise Same. A lot of my mates are trying to get and it sounds like utter chaos. I seen them in 2002 at T in the Park and at the Aberdeen Exhibition Centre in 2005.

MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

@Malaise I went from 01-03, fantastic memories. The only other festivals I've been to were V festival in Perth Australia in 2009 and Belladrum in 2010. Don't know if I could do that nowadays though. Enjoyed a drink with many festival goers, so you never know!

[Edited by MightyDemon82]

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

@Malaise @MightyDemon82 I used to go to a lot of gigs and festivals (mostly smaller lesser known ones mind), but I see how many people are these things these days and find it overwhelming just thinking about being there.

My mate went to Glastonbury this year but was at the glamping site, and said she could never go back to staying in a tent at a festival again. She is quite a bit older then when she last went, so I think that plays into it.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

MightyDemon82

@JohnnyShoulder @Malaise Same here. I enjoyed it back then, but a gig now and again is fine these days. I'm going to see Final Symphony in Edinburgh, on the 8th November a much more chill type of music experience. Which combines my love of games and music!

MightyDemon82

MightyDemon82

Yes! Fingers crossed it's a great time. My Mrs is coming along with me but she's more excited about the shopping and getting treated to a nice meal out. Hopefully she'll end up enjoying the concert though.

MightyDemon82

JohnnyShoulder

I bought a Chromebook as my laptop does meet the specs for Windows 11, and support will stop for 10 next year. I've been thinking about getting one for a few years now, but when I last looked into it I didn't think the machines for the price range I was looking in were upto snuff.

Now Google have introduced Chromebook Plus laptops, I found it much easier to find one. Most of the complaints I've seen are from people who didn't really know what they were getting. I don't use my laptop as much as i used to these days, so felt i didn't need a full on Windows laptop at home any more.

I'm still getting used to it, but I've been using Android devices for yonks now so am familar with them. I have noticed the quicker start up times compared to a Windows machine, as I use one for work.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution @Jimmer-jammer Hey guys, I'm back! Spent my time away with family and friends and focusing on a more John Coltrane-inspired guitar-sound. I think free jazz is the way forward! Also recently had a training session for my voluntary role for specific mental health needs. Anyway, planning to download Elden Ring tomorrow and get back at it as soon as it downloads - final Miyazaki masterpiece. Let's go!

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN Hey, that’s great! Glad to see you had some fulfilling activities in the real world. I’ll be curious how Elden Ring goes. I left some recent thoughts on DS2 over on the Souls thread if you’re interested.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution Hey man, I'm impressed and intrigued with regard to the fact that you're still playing DS2 several months (in my estimation) since you first started it - you're like me, man, mainly a 'farm' guy when it comes to these games , just spend ages on farming in order to become op and then just slaugther the remaining bosses, haha, that's what I'm planning to do for ER as well anyway, already got that build planned from YouTube that I shared in the ER thread a while ago.

But yeah, I think going through the game at my own pace, picking up the missable 'weapons' trophy early on and then save scumming in order to get the three endings - (I've already researched on how to get the platinum) should work well for me. It would be nice to eventually get a FromSoft platinum given my previous commitment to Miyazaki's visions, especially as I don't know what direction the company will go in next.

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Th3solution

@BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN Yeah, I’ve been really taking my time, but I probably could have been done by now if I didn’t over-level and try to get every single collectible. I’m about 70 hours along. I’m on the verge for the final primordial bonfire which is maybe the halfway point, but I’m sufficiently leveled so that I can probably do the second half a little quicker than the first. We’ll see. I’m like you also with the lack of a FromSoft platinum. Not sure I will ever get one but it would be nice!

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Jimmer-jammer

@BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN Hey, man! Glad to have you back and glad to hear you had a fulfilling time away. The Lands Between beckon, fellow tarnished.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

nessisonett

Sent my wee brother off to uni today. He was 8 when I made this account 😂

JohnnyShoulder

@nessisonett One of my neices turned 30 this week, which made me feel really really old.

nessisonett

@JohnnyShoulder Haha, my sister turns 30 next year and we’re not letting that one go!

@Yousef- It feels like summer flew away and it’s already term time!

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic