Forums

Topic: The Movie Thread

Posts 8,081 to 8,084 of 8,084

CJD87

@MightyDemon82 - although not a movie, Aubrey Plaza was one of the main cast within "The White Lotus" season 2. She is/was incredible in that series, and plays very much 'against type' as a fairly inhibited and reserved character. The whole show is awesome, both seasons are great in fairness.

CJD87

LN78

LN78 wrote:

I've just been told that the extended cut of Ridley Scott's "Napoleon" has been made available on Apple TV. That's my Sunday afternoon sorted out, then.

Well that was disappointing. Great work from Vanessa Kirby and a couple of good battle sequences but not much else.

LN78

FuriousMachine

@LtSarge I consider myself a huge fan of the franchise and felt that it kept getting better and better and better with each movie.... and I absolutely hated Dead Reckoning Part 1... with a passion
Glad you enjoyed it, though

FuriousMachine

LN78

"Longlegs" - tremendously atmospheric horror/thriller police procedural thrown slightly off axis by a typically unhinged performance from Nic Cage. I really liked it but perhaps not as much as Perkins' earlier genre movie "The Blackcoat's Daughter". As an aside, I honestly thought the lead actress was Ella Purnell from the "Fallout" show but it's actually Maika Monroe - they look really similar. Oh, and it's weird seeing that Alicia Witt - who played the little girl in Lynch's "Dune" - is now playing middle aged mothers. How time flies.

LN78

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic