Forums

Topic: The TV Show Thread

Posts 4,101 to 4,109 of 4,109

JohnnyShoulder

@Yousef- Gears of War and whatever Fifa game for that year was what made me buy a widescreen.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

nessisonett

@Yousef- GTA V on a 4:3 screen is such a weird experience. I don’t know why it supports it but it’s pretty cool!

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

nessisonett

Shogun deserved every single Emmy it won. It also shouldn’t have been renewed.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

FuriousMachine

@nessisonett Agreed on all counts. The second season isn't entirely set in stone, as they are currently trying to figure it out, but I'm fairly confident that they'll probably put something out, so hopefully they can crack a good story and make it compelling.

FuriousMachine

JohnnyShoulder

Started Blue Eyed Samurai. Good so far, with some fantastic (and gory in places) fight scenes.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

PegasusActual93

What is everyone's thoughts on the upcoming HBO Harry Potter series? I just don't get what the point is of remaking the story. Sure, the movies cut a chunk of subplots and other things out that a tv show would have the screen time to properly explore; but the movies and especially the cast of them are just so iconic. Not to mention with a TV budget they will likely dial back the scale and spectacle and therefore make the WOW factor inferior to the movies. I just can't imagine the show replicating the original movies magic (no pun intended). Why wouldn't you have just done a tv series that was an original story. Make it a sequel or prequel to the books ala Hogwarts Legacy. Or even just set it in a part of the Wizarding World we have never seen, no Hogwarts, no Potters, no Weasleys, etc. That way you will (mostly) avoid comparisons to the movies, not have to worry about catching lightning in a bottle with the cast again, and the writers can flex their creative muscles and do whatever the hell they want. They haven't even finished casting much less shot a single frame of it yet so I will of course reserve judgement but I am divided on the very idea of it.

[Edited by PegasusActual93]

Born too early to explore space and born too late to explore Earth, but born just in time to explore memes.

zupertramp

@PegasusActual93 my daughter is looking forward to them because she kinda hates the movies (in comparison to the books). and just from the little I've seen before falling asleep at every attempt watching them, they seem tonally all over the place. so that seems like it could be improved. is it necessary though, yeah probably not.

PSN: frownonfun
Switch: SW-5109-6573-1900 (Pops)

"One of the unloveliest and least enlightening aspects of contemporary discourse is the tendency to presume that whatever one disagrees with must be very simple—not only simple, but also simply wrong." - Elizabeth Bruenig

colonelkilgore

@PegasusActual93 I’ll watch it… I mean the movies are pretty good but HBO’s batting average is elite and I much prefer the long-form storytelling of a season’s narrative arc than a feature film, so I’m down for sure.

**** DLC!

PegasusActual93

@colonelkilgore
HBO is definently among the S-tier when it comes to quality track record but they also aren't perfect. I don't doubt they will employ top tier talent in this thing but I just don't know.

Born too early to explore space and born too late to explore Earth, but born just in time to explore memes.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic