Forums

Topic: October is here! Which horror games will you be playing?

Posts 101 to 112 of 112

Th3solution

@Yousef- Yes, that’s what I figure. I already own all those (or have by virtue of PS+) except for AW2 (also likely to be more steeply discounted by the time I get to it) and RE8 (maybe will be in PS+ by then? If not it’s already quite cheap but no need to get it now.)

I think my order will be to do Little Hope and then RE4.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

sorteddan

@Th3solution @JohnnyShoulder
I have been playing Dead Space for the last week and give it two thumbs up. It's bloody brilliant. Move it near the top of your to do lists.

Or dont, it's your life after all.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Yousef-

@Th3solution I can totally see an RE ending up on ps plus.

How to reach me out: 👇👇👇👇
Discord: yousef. (All lowercase with fullstop at the end)

Th3solution

@JohnnyShoulder I have a similar philosophy — if I played the OG and it’s a simple remaster or bare bones remake then I don’t feel inclined to play it. My exceptions here are RE4 since I never finished the original, and TLoUP1, which I felt no need to play the PS4 remaster, but seeing as it’s now 2 generations later from when I played it at launch, perhaps it’s worth a replay and experience it again in all its PS5 4K glory.

I only played an hour or maybe less of the OG Dead Space so it’s basically fresh for me.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@sorteddan Sounds like a ringing endorsement! Definitely will get to it.

Did you try Callisto Protocol yet?

sorteddan

@Th3solution
Yes I played CP last year (I think) and, to be honest, it was a bit of a slog. It is fun in places but it is vastly inferior to Dead Space in all areas. It's like some devs decided to make a Dead Space like game for the current gen before they knew about the remake. If I remember rightly the most fun I had with it was trying to speedrun the game on hard mode just to finish the trophies. It was basically trying to ignore the exploration and combat and just run from objective to objective. The fact that I enjoyed trying to avoid the majority of the game more than my initial playing of the game is my lasting impression of it.

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

Th3solution

@sorteddan Thanks, that’s consistent with what I’ve seen at large. I’m just curious to experience the game since it cost $160 million to make. That’s a lot for a 10 hour game. Do you think that the presence of Dead Space Remake as a comparison product made CP seem worse? Perhaps if it released in a vacuum without another space survival horror within the same year then maybe it could have found an audience?

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

I'll probably play SH2 Remake a long time from now. After ER & SOTE (which will take a while most probs), Eldest Souls (yes, that's a real game actually!), Jedi Survivor and then whatever it's sequel turns out to be - if it's out by then.
Then Death Stranding: Director's Cut,.Digital Deluxe Edition, then SH2R , as I have said elsewhere I def want a break from Souls/Soulslike games at some point in the near future.

[Edited by BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN]

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

sorteddan

@Th3solution
Maybe but I think the comparisons would be inevitable anyway. When I first saw the reveal trailer for CP I thought "Ace. That looks like Dead Space Rip off" - just watch some gameplay from each game and you'll sed what I mean, they've pretty much just ripped the character design and posture. And then me and anybody who fondly remembered playing Dead Space would be been a bit disappointed when it didn't match up.

Also CP has way too much crawling through vents. Not sure why that's now popped into my head but it's true!

sorteddan

Finished Little Nightmares 2 in around 6 hours and went back to collect all trophies and stuff. Got the platinum in around 9 hours.
Just watching the credits roll on my first playthrough of Dead Space remake and have to say, as I've already stated above, I thought It was bloody brilliant!!! Took about 17 hours but I did spend a good 3-4 hours on Chapter 10 just backtracking to various parts the station for collectables and side missions and stuff.
Unsure whether to move on and start RE4Remake or jump straight in for the Dead Space hard mode plasma cutter only run but leaning towards the latter... Can see that final boss causing a few problems in that. @LN78 How is your run in that going? (If you're still at it).

Also think I'll makes a start on Little Hope this evening, when the darkness sets in.

[Edited by sorteddan]

LN78

@sorteddan Finished last night. Your apprehension about the last boss is correct - never in my life have I longed more for mouse and keyboard controls. It's completely doable but also a pain (and the one gun trophy is a measly silver if that sort of thing is your bag 🤣). Tons of fun though - I generally find that survival horror games work better on harder modes. On that note my copy of "Silent Hill 2" remake arrived this morning - very exciting!

[Edited by LN78]

LN78

Kraven

I’m playing Silent Hill 2 Remake for the spooky season! I’m eight hours in, halfway through the Brookhaven Hospital, acquired the shotgun, and ready for what comes next. I’m really enjoying this game, and I’m incredibly curious to see how the story unfolds.

Kraven

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic