Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 6,921 to 6,940 of 7,130

MidnightDragonDX

Enjoy my Switch. REALLY looking forward to playing Super Mario RPG remake. I played the original so much on SNES. Surprised I didn't burn a hole into the cart. XD I'm getting Switch Online next month. I didn't this month because I had some other stuff to get. Mainly getting it for the classic releases.

[Edited by MidnightDragonDX]

MidnightDragonDX

LtSarge

Alright, I'm becoming more interested in Persona 5 Tactica. The gameplay looks great, the multiple difficulty levels is very nice and the fact that there's Persona 5 Royal content in it has made me rather hyped.

I really like the Baton Pass concept in this game, i.e. when a character faints you can just switch in another one. It's always annoying when a unit in an SRPG dies/faints during battle and cannot be replaced immediately afterwards, so I think this is a good idea and it also fits with the Persona 5 mechanics.

LtSarge

RR529

Completed the Fire Temple in TotK over the weekend!

Nothing quite as awe inspiring as the journey up to the Wind Temple, but I think the Fire Temple itself was more strongly designed (enjoyed figuring out the mine track puzzles, though admit to using some of that improvisation magic the game allows in order to reach the last couple locks).

Given that I wasn't sure exactly when I should try going into the Depths, I liked that the journey to get to the Fire Temple introduces you to that side of the game, and it's nothing how I imagined it to be (I was thinking labyrinthine cave system with auto health drain between lit spaces, when in reality it's just a secondary overworld, just one you have to light up by region).

Also, depending on how many Sage shadows you can have active at once, it looks like I'm starting to build a little party of sorts (it'll be kinda funny if the new Zelda ends up arguably having a more involved party system than the new FF, lol).

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

nessisonett

Really like the look of the new Mario. Looks so much more creative than 2D Mario’s been since the 90s.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

KAIRU

@MidnightDragonDX Super Mario RPG looks really good. I haven't played the original but I've seen a friend stream it and it does look like some good fun.

Some of the classic games available through Switch Online are quite good. There's a really good selection to choose from!

"A corpse... should be left well alone. Oh, I know very well. How the secrets beckon so sweetly. Only an honest death will cure you now. Liberate you, from your wild curiosity." - Lady Maria of the Astral Clocktower.

PSN: KairuDoes

Ralizah

@nessisonett Agreed. Seems less "NSMB but better," which is what I initially thought when I saw the reveal, and more like a proper successor to the NES/SNES games. Kinda crazy it took this long to get one.

[Edited by Ralizah]

Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition NG+ (PS4); Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (NS)

Ugh. Men.

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

@Ralizah There’s so much fun packed into every little animation, it’s crazy. An actual artistic direction helps though, Mario kinda got stuck in ‘Official render’ mode after probably Sunshine.

nessisonett

I’m so incredibly stuck on Etrian Odyssey 2’s final boss that I’m not sure I can bring myself to grind it out. Just an evil end to a good game.

LtSarge

Any predictions for next week's supposed Nintendo Direct?

I'm genuinely hoping Mario Party 3 gets added this month to NSO as I've been waiting so long for that game. Release window for the final Mario Kart 8 Deluxe DLC would be nice as well.

Also hoping for a surprise announcement. Something like a new Ace Attorney game or Yo-kai Watch 4 coming to the West would be sweet.

[Edited by LtSarge]

LtSarge

nessisonett

@LtSarge I predict it’s not real!

nessisonett

@LtSarge Until there isn’t, I guess. I dunno, Nintendo do what they want and the endless speculation kinda gets on my nerves. There probably will be, but it would be funny if it didn’t materialise. Switch 2 has been shown to devs in a fairly finished state, it’ll be shown to the public soon enough. I think we’ll see a lot of the announced games in the last Direct release cross-gen.

LtSarge

@nessisonett I'd love it if Nintendo showed off Switch 2 and announced that it'll be releasing next year. I'm quite fed up with the Switch's six year old hardware at this point. Just give me a more beefed up Switch that's backwards compatible with Switch 1 games and I'll get it on day one.

LtSarge

nessisonett

I’ve been playing Bravely Default on the 3DS which I’ve been putting off for years. Enjoying it a lot actually, although I did end up modifying my save file to give me a little more villagers cause the online has been shut down.

nessisonett

Haha it’s real then!

LN78

@nessisonett Definitely - but I'm thinking that they won't announce it in the last Direct before the Christmas shopping season because that would really put a dent in any remaining demand for the original models, even with a brand new 2D Mario on the market.

[Edited by LN78]

LN78

Ralizah

@nessisonett Bravely Default is a neat game with an insane middle-to-late-game section that almost ruins it.

Worth seeing it to the end, though. Love the last couple of bosses.

Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition NG+ (PS4); Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (NS)

Ugh. Men.

nessisonett

@LN78 Yeah, unless they go down the route of Breath of the Wild and cross-gen games announced late on, I see another year being taken to wrap up Switch support.

@Ralizah I’m enjoying it so far, it’s nice to have essentially a reimagining of Final Fantasy V considering III and IV got 3D remakes on DS.

Ralizah

@nessisonett It does some extremely interesting things thematically late-game.

It's a decent game. Admittedly, it was much more attractive back in 2014 when the traditional JRPG was practically dead on consoles and it represented one of the few big entries in the genre on the 3DS. Of course, that was more than rectified over time.

The battle system is just superb. One of my favorites. And the music is chef's kiss

[Edited by Ralizah]

Ugh. Men.

nessisonett

@Ralizah It’s had the unintended effect of making me realise just how fuzzy 3DS games are compared to the Switch though! Plus I’ve found the touch screen slightly more unresponsive than a expected.

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic