Forums

Topic: Nintendo Switch --OT--

Posts 6,941 to 6,960 of 7,130

Ralizah

Aside from a fun looking Princess Peach game (KUNG FU PEACH!), that was a really dire Direct. Shouldn't have even had one tbh.

The 'one last thing' was a barebones remaster of Paper Mario TTYD, for god's sake.

Ball is in your court, Sony.

[Edited by Ralizah]

Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition NG+ (PS4); Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (NS)

Ugh. Men.

PSN: Ralizah

nessisonett

Ok sure, not a vintage Direct and Switch is clearly on its last legs but there were still a couple of decent ports. Another Code is a brilliant one, TTYD is one of the best turn-based RPGs of all time and the Peach game looks good. A lot of filler though. Switch will scrape another year looks like.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

Ralizah

This trailer pretty much sums up my feelings about the Direct.

Currently Playing: Marvel's Spider-Man: Game of the Year Edition NG+ (PS4); Hyrule Warriors: Definitive Edition (NS)

Ugh. Men.

LtSarge

Great Direct overall! I got really excited when they announced Paper Mario TTYD. I've been waiting so long for a re-release because it's only available on GameCube and a used copy goes for €150 these days. I also don't have a GameCube (or a Wii), lol. But yeah, I still haven't played TTYD so I'm super stoked to finally play it.

Wasn't that fond of Princess Peach. Mario vs Donkey Kong looks fun, I never played the original. Really bummed that they didn't release Another Code collection earlier because I bought the sequel on Wii but I don't have the first game. So I guess I'll get the collection and just play both of them on Switch.

Also really cool that Funky Kong and Diddy Kong are finally coming to Mario Kart 8! Funky was my main in Mario Kart Wii, so I'm really excited to main him again now. F-Zero 99 looks decent enough. I think I'll give it a shot with some friends this weekend and see how it fares.

Still can't believe that we're getting remakes of Super Mario RPG and Paper Mario TTYD, two of the greatest RPGs ever, within one year! What a great time to be alive!

Also, was I the only one who got really hyped when they played Super Mario Galaxy music and then disappointed when it turned out to be the Nintendo museum? lol

LtSarge

JohnnyShoulder

@Ralizah With Sony's recent history, I reckon there is a good chance they will out-rubbish Nintendo.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Ralizah

@JohnnyShoulder It's weird. A lot of times they slap together SoPs that just have... nothing interesting, IMO. And then one will come out, leakers will say "don't expect much," and you get a bunch of banger announcements lol.

Sony is unpredictable. Nintendo is usually excellent, but it's clear where all of the development resources are going now.

Kinda wondering if they're saving Metroid Prime 4 for the unveiling of the next console now.

Ugh. Men.

RR529

Pretty darn solid Direct if I say so myself. Year starts out strong with Another Code: Recollection, Mario VS Donkey Kong, & Princess Peach Showtime in the first three months, then we know we have at least Luigi's Mansion 2 HD & Paper Mario TTYD later in the year.

Yes, that is mostly a lot of remasters & remakes, so it's obvious Switch is nearing it's end, but at least they're keeping the software pumping, and I could see myself having fun with a lot of them.

Currently Playing:
Switch - Blade Strangers
PS4 - Kingdom Hearts III, Tetris Effect (VR)

belmont

As much as I love Another Code I will not search the closet for the Switch just for this. The Tomb Raider collection that I also want will be in PC and PS4.

Also, wasn't supposed to be a new Layton game?

Also, this trumpet game, I literally thought it was a joke to promote an actual rhythm game!

[Edited by belmont]

belmont

Fight_Teza_Fight

So I’m just catching up with the Direct announcement & this was just announced non-direct related:

WAIT WHAT?!
I didn’t even know a new DQM was in development & it’s out so soon.
Funny thing is I was only thinking about how much I loved that series when I was playing DQXI & here we are.
Spent so much time on the 3DS games trying to create the most OP team imaginable.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

nessisonett

@Fight_Teza_Fight Think this was last Direct. Pretty cool to play as Psaro.

Fight_Teza_Fight

@nessisonett Been out of the Nintendo loop for too long it seems.
Day 1 for sure.

Lives, Lived, Will Live.
Dies, Died, Will Die.
If we could perceive time for what it really was,
What reason would Grammar Professors have to get out of bed?- Robert & Rosalind Lutece

Ralizah

@belmont All the Level-5 stuff was MIA, tragically. I also wanted to hear more about the new Fantasy Life.

Ugh. Men.

R1spam

Anyone played f-zero 99 yet? Played a few rounds last night, it's bonkers and has a "just one more race" quality that is dangerous!!

PSN: Tiger-tiger_82
XBOX: Placebo G

Anti-Matter

@Kidfried
I impressed more from Nintendo Direct yesterday than PlayStation Direct.
I didn't watch PlayStation Direct as I knew it will only focus on rated 18+ games and I was right because after several hours later, PushSquare highlighted what games announced and I only read the name of the games without even looking the pictures and I found nothing interesting. Their titles tell what kind of games are they and their age rating.

Anti-Matter

nessisonett

@R1spam I pulled the plug on the Switch Online a while back now! F-Zero 99 does look fun but I’d be more into it if you could buy it for pennies.

R1spam

@Kidfried hope you enjoy your trip!! I don't think they have announced when it leaves the service and think this one will have a strong online player base for a while. @nessisonett I get it, its a rip. I have a sickness though in that every now and then, I like a game of mario aces online!! 🙈 I genuinely think that mario aces let me get my head around street fighter 6 as your managing a couple of meters and managing when you use those meters for specials/blocks. It's my guilty pleasure, shame online is like a ghost town!! I also like a bash at punch out every now and then.

XBOX: Placebo G

nessisonett

@R1spam I managed to tear through Aces’ story mode during that trial they did and enjoyed it a lot. Perhaps not a patch on the Cube or GBA titles but it’s the closest they’ve gotten.

kyleforrester87

I’ve been playing more TOTK this week. What an amazing game it is - so much fun stuff to do even after the credits rolled.

I know it is not looking likely there will be DLC, and that’s fair enough to be honest - the game is stacked. However the lack of master/hard mode (however you want to spell it) is a bit strange. Does anyone reckon that might show up?

kyleforrester87

PSN: WigSplitter1987

JohnnyShoulder

@kyleforrester87 It will be saved for the Switch U version if anything I reckon.

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

LtSarge

Rather excited to give Kirby and the Amazing Mirror a go next week with friends. I tried the game a bit on the 3DS through the Ambassador program but it did not grab me. Playing it with others might entice me more.

It also got me thinking what other older Nintendo games can be brought back with online multiplayer like this one. I think a remake of The Legend of Zelda: Four Swords Adventures would be really cool. I didn't like Triforce Heroes on the 3DS and the Four Swords game on GBA wasn't that fleshed out. But I've heard good things about Four Swords Adventures. As long as Nintendo integrates a checkpoint system in case of communication errors and disconnections, I think it would be a rather compelling multiplayer experience.

LtSarge

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic