Forums

Topic: What PS5 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,601 to 3,620 of 3,675

LieutenantFatman

Did some 2 player couch co-op yesterday. Finally finished the broforce campaign, great game.
Then moved onto Warhammer Chaosbane, a top down hack & slash game. It has satisfying combat, but as is common with these games, the story and characters are very forgettable. A shame but still fun to team up with a friend against the hordes.

[Edited by LieutenantFatman]

LieutenantFatman

woollypump

Since finishing the Elden Ring DLC I have been playing Doom Eternal, which was actually one of the first games I bought for the PS5 when I got it at the end of 2021. At that time I was pretty new back to gaming , having got back into it after we got a Switch for the kids at the start of the pandemic, and I got stuck early on ([spoilers] at the first mancubus in the cultist base [/spoilers]). I just could not get the hang of it - it was a while ago now but I'm pretty sure I must have tried lowering the difficulty (from Hurt Me Plenty) to no avail. I could barely remember what all the buttons did, and if I did remember it took me about 30 seconds to look down at the controller and find the button I needed, let alone use anything strategically during combat! I came to the conclusion that returning to gaming in my mid-40's this game and games like it were just beyond me.

Now, playing on Ultraviolence (?), I'm past the point I was stuck at ([spoilers] beat the cultists base and on the Doom Slayer level [/spoilers] and having so much fun! There were a few encounters later in that level that I thought I had reached my limit and was considering turning the difficulty down, but made it through before I cracked.

I have also been playing Cult of the Lamb on PS+ to wind down.

woollypump

LieutenantFatman

One aspect that I thought was pretty cool for Chaos Bane was if one person is going through their skills or equipment to make some changes / upgrades, the other can still run to the next area and everyone will tag along automatically and you won't be forced to simply wait.
Considering most developers have thrown couch co-op in the bin, it's very refreshing to see someone trying to improve the experience.

LieutenantFatman

Ravix

Still at Star Wars: Jedi Survivor. I definitely don't like it enough to play it consistently, it seems, as I keep having long periods not playing it. But at times I do like playing it for a while. It's a weird one. I feel like I'm nearing the end, at least I hope I am. Side stuff has become pointless as I don't want to collect anything or take bounties to unlock stuff I won't use as soon as I'm done with the story anyway. But overall I've liked the game, I guess?

Combat just feels off to me, though. It is like there's button lag, yet it's still easy enough to win fights anyway, I'm just not doing it as stylishly as I'd anticipated, and I barely ever perfect dodge at all, I just dodge and still get hit, or dodge far enough to be fine anyway nearly every damn time, and it's boring 😅 and I don't think it's a case of "I'm getting too old for this s***" something just isn't clicking with me in this game and I can't get it to flow. I will beat a big bunch of enemies and then be thinking "hope there's a meditation point because I just can't be arsed to do that again, ever" whether I rest or not, I'm just happy to be past segments so I can move on.

There's also soooo many skills, too many, I'd say. I've barely used slowdown through the whole game, and now I'm just adding spare points I've accumulated to it and forcing myself to try and remember to bother. Same with quick draw. Same with jedi super auto dodge. I'm just never using the tools it's giving me, because it never feels situationally right, or a cool enough moment somehow. Not wasting special abilities on a bunch of repeated enemies, and by the time I'm at a boss I've just carried on in the style that got me there forgetting to use any of those, quite clearly, not required tools for survival 🫠

I dont know... Unintended vent over, I guess 😅

[Edited by Ravix]

When it seems you're out of luck.
There's just one man who gives a f*************ck
⚔️🛡🐎

MaulTsir

@Th3solution Thanks man! Yeah tried to mix it up a bit in terms of gameplay and genre so games didn't feel stale whilst working on the backlog lol

Yeah I don't know if it's just me but everything was there for me to really love hogwarts and like I say for the first 15 hours or so I was really enjoying it but as it went on the game just became abit stale in my mind and then I was just rushing through the story which like I say didn't feel that great to me in the end. Combat was really good though and I enjoyed using the spells but just hated the dialogue and the characters by the end of it.

Remnant 2 is fantastic, it's strange because Soul's like is the way to explain it but really it doesn't do it justice because it's really it's own game and genre, just has some soul elements, like resetting to last save point on death. The way they did then Worlds and the story is really interesting, each world has 2 story's and the levels are generated so can be different.

Difficulty is similar to Soul's as in depending on how much you grind and level up will depend on how easy/hard you make it for yourself, which answers your question about levelling up 😂, there's alot of variety on builds and the secret stuff is as obscure as the Soul's games.

Boss fights are good and great when you finally get through them, it's co op up to 3 players as well and I did abit with friends which is really fun. I would definitely recommend it, I picked it up when on sale with all DLCs for £22 around $26 I guess and it's well worth it for that price

MaulTsir

Th3solution

@Ravix I also found that I just gravitated toward a specific play style and mainly used the crossguard and double-bladed stances. A combination of those two gave me options for fast crowd control or the quicker enemies and ranged fire, and then switching to the heavier hitting crossguard for spongy bosses or when I need the power. I dabbled a little in the dual wielding but found the double bladed move set more to my liking. I wanted to like the blaster stance but the shooting was too limited and by the time you get access to it the muscle memory is hard to change up. But I know many people really liked the blaster and it’s definitely the most unique set of moves and abilities.

The main hub world (Koboh I think it’s called) is simply too big. It was a relief when I realized that not every location was going to be that large and wouldn’t have that many side distractions and Metroidvania type areas to go back to. It’s quite overwhelming.

I also agree that the side content and exploration gets a little old, mainly due to the lack of any meaningful rewards or collectibles when you go through the trouble of engaging with the optional activities. I still did almost all of the map and all the little puzzle rooms, etc because I just really enjoyed being in that world and the gameplay was fun, but to spend 30 minutes puzzling out how to get to a particular spot in the map then fighting some tough enemies, only to find out that you are rewarded with… ta-da!… a new facial hair option for Cal! 😅 Or a new color palette for BD-1! Sometimes I’d change up the colors and outfits for grins, but there was way more than necessary and I would have liked some more meaningful collectibles.

Overall I really liked the game though. But just like Hogwarts Legacy, a love for the franchise really helps carry it through some of the gaming weaknesses. It’s not a bad Souls-like either, and does well in terms of accessibility for a more casual Souls approach.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@MaulTsir As I was mentioning, the real star of Hogwarts Legacy was the well-crafted world. The attention to detail for the HP IP was superb.

As an aside, the best quest in the game, imo, was the PlayStation exclusive quest, I forget the exact name but I think it was called “Minding Your Own Business” about the shop in Hogsmeade. Really enjoyed that one.

As far as Remnant II, I’m simultaneously pleased to hear what a great game it seems to be, and also disappointed because my backlog can’t really support much more! 😅 The good thing is that quality Souls-likes are always a nice thing to have, since many of them are mediocre and don’t live up to the FromSoft benchmark. The only other Souls-like that I’m seriously curious about right now is Lies of P. But I still want to clear the From catalogue first. However, Remnant 2 has enough unique going for it that it’s worth maybe mixing in somewhere regardless, since it’s not a 1-to-1 Souls swords and magic type of game. The shooting in the gameplay I saw seemed to remind me of Borderlands, in my limited experience of shooters. Maybe it’s just the HP numbers popping off as you ahoot that made me think of that. Anyway, it is a good one for me to keep in the back pocket when I have a shooter, grim-dark world mood going.

What’s next on your agenda? After conquering Elden Ring are you thinking about going back for Erdtree? Or any interest in going back to pick up the Dark Souls series? Reckon you’ll follow up the Valhalla with more Assassin’s Creed (there’s always plenty of those to mine), or maybe try the follow up Doom Eternal? Or are you ready to dive back into FF7 universe and take on Rebirth? So many options… 😄

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Ravix

@Th3solution Yeah, I already respecced once from dual wield to try the blaster, as it feels like the only genuinely unique one compared to all other jedi/sith/whatever, but the amount I forget to use the quick draw shot, means I'm basically just fighting one handed in a fencing style with the odd blast here and there.

I just want to kind of have Cal as a more grey, questionable tactics force for good, so blaster suits his sometimes lack of jedi ways. There is always the odd hint that he is struggling to keep it together and his emotions can get the better of him, so it suits my vision for the character 😅 but, yeah, it feels a bit limited. I think people just like it because if you use perks you can make it unstoppable and cheesey, tbh. I always liked double bladed in the last game, I should have just stuck with it, I think. It is definitely the nost fluid feeling. Dual wield has my favourite parry, so maybe I'll switch back to that instead, but serpents bite or whatever it is called can be super janky to look at for your regular attacks.

The R1 force lock on is also terrible in combat, so quickly zipping about and transitioning to force lift a bunch of people rarely actually triggers properly. They introduced fun ideas, I think it's just the execution of combat in a combat heavy game could be a lot better.

Overall, it is still fun enough, I just wish I could make the combat flow better I think

⚔️🛡🐎

Ravix

@Th3solution pretty much scratch the last comment, as I ended up respeccing again tonight. Deleting all the force lifts and slams that don't really flow in combat, and piling the points into twin blade and dual wield, leaving a few important ones in Crossguard, as that is handy still. And not bothering with the blaster, even though I like the idea of it for Cal.

So now I can go to tactics where I draw all enemies on top of me with the twin blade and use all the moves that suit close quarters and surrounded combat, and hopefully it just looks and feels cooler to play.

Hopefully I have a few main quests to go, not really sure though tbh 😅

[Edited by Ravix]

⚔️🛡🐎

nessisonett

Was playing Animal Well and got the ‘credits’ but I have 31 eggs and seem to have hit a brick wall of just wandering round looking for more. It’s a great game but does wander slightly towards the obtuse at times, in ways that would make The Witness blush.

Plumbing’s just Lego innit. Water Lego.

Trans rights are human rights.

JohnnyShoulder

Playing Classified: France 44. Never heard of it before but my Dad picked it up and did not like it.

It's like X-Com but set in 1944 in the build up to D-Day. It is pretty decent so far, however it can tough in places and you can only change the difficulty when starting a new game. Luckily you can save as often as you want and it auto saves on a regular basis.

Not played a game like this for ages, and felt like something totally different to Edlen Ring.

[Edited by JohnnyShoulder]

Life is more fun when you help people succeed, instead of wishing them to fail.

Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt.

PSN: JohnnyShoulder

Kraven

Black Myth Wukong still! In the middle of chapter 3, and it has some epic moments similar to God of War. And the optional (secret) boss fights and locations, not only in this chapter but the second is absolutely phenomenal.

Kraven

HallowMoonshadow

Tinykin

Never played Pikimin before but I'm having a good time with this. Some nice exploration and platforming so far, nothing too crazy in the first proper level of the living room (I forgot the fancy schmancy name the bugs and whatnot give it).

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

lotan666

I finished Jedi Survivor and came back to Days Gone after a short break, doing mainly main story quests for now. I'm also playing Black Myth: Wukong, at least untill I hit a brick wall - I have no illusions I'll be able to finish it but I hope I'll be able to see a big enough chunk of the game so that I don't feel I wasted my money

lotan666

HallowMoonshadow

Tinykin

Beat the second and third levels. Still having a really good time with it!

There's honestly not much I can really say about it, especially as I can't compare it to Pikmin beyond the very surface level order small things around to solve various environmental puzzles.

It's fun, runs nice, looks nice, controls nice. It just does everything it sets out to do very well.

Previously known as Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy

"You don't have to save the world to find meaning in life. Sometimes all you need is something simple, like someone to take care of"

Kraven

I’ve just reached the secret area in chapter 4 in Black Myth Wukong. There has been some excellent exploration and boss fights throughout this chapter. Sadly, I have to go to work, but I’m wanting to play more of this game ASAP.

Kraven

Anti-Matter

Cat Quest 3 and Oceanhorn 2.
I enjoyed the first 1 hour gameplay so far.

Anti-Matter

torquex

Assassins creed valhalla, great fun roaming the countryside on horseback.

torquex

Khwarezm89

Khwarezm89 wrote:

After beating and getting the Platinum earlier this month in Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth. I'm halfway through Final Fantasy VII Rebirth and here's my impressions so far after 45 hours.
1- The world and the characters are awesome. I like how the characters connections are developing throughout the game. The semi open world areas are great but it has some open world flaws. (Did I tell you about the towers intel?) but thankfully those flaws are optional to deal with.

2- The story progress is pretty slow and I feel it's almost non existent even if I'm halfway through the game in Chapter 8.

3- The game packed with a lot of content and mini-games. Most of it is really frustrating especially if you're trying to get the highest score for the platinum.

4- The combat is one of the best I've ever played and I really enjoy every single combat. So fast and tactical too.

Overall I don't think I can say definitely FFVII Rebirth is my favorite game this year but it's one of the best. I guess I enjoyed FF16 more but hopefully the second half of the game will be better when it comes to story. - And yes, I decided to give up on Mini Games and not pursue the platinum for now -

A quick update on this. So I've been able to beat the game last week. While I was originally planning to get the Platinum but I decided to just finish the story while I was playing Chapter 8 because of how annoying the Mini-games was.

What I liked:

• Amazing companions that made me really interested in their backstory more than the game story itself.
  • The last 3 chapters was really good when it came to storytelling.
  • Vast and stunning world with a lot of secrets you can discover at your own pace.
  • Queen's Blood card game was really enjoyable for me.
  • Awesome sound track.
  • The combat was really fluid and great. I really enjoyed most of the boss battles too.

What I didn't like:

• How slow was the story progress at the first half of the game.
  • Most of the mini-games are annoying and some of them are broken and need a lot of luck to complete it. (I think also some of Piano mini games bugged or glitched as the buttons don't register correctly).
    • Chadley and MAI are really annoying and the simulator stuff weren't that good for me.

Overall: I think I've enjoyed the game a lot but My GOTY still goes to Like A Dragon: Infinite Wealth but that might change soon as I'm really having a blast with Black Myth: Wukong and can't wait for Astro Bot and Dragon Age: The Veilguard too.

Khwarezm89

PSN: Khwarezm_89 | Twitter:

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@LieutenantFatman Long time no speak. How have you been? And how are your games going? Still painting Warhammer stuff?

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic