Forums

Topic: What PS4 Games Are You Currently Playing?

Posts 3,701 to 3,720 of 5,675

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@colonelkilgore @Jimmer-jammer how are your games going? Still playing GoT colonel? how are you finding it? Enjoying Returnal Jimmer? I've got the Ashtray Maze coming up next in Control and just beat chapter 7.

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

PSN: Draco_V_Ecliptic

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@colonelkilgore @Jimmer-jammer Also, as I was saying to @Th3solution I think it's very hard to navigate the world of the Oldest House, but Ordinary AWE and the Ordinary Dump Site - miniature examples of city landscapes replicated on a small-scale by the Federal Bureau of Control are excellent examples of good level design. Really standout moments for me.

"I think the best art doesn’t preach the truth, but encourages viewers to discover what truth is on their own." - Shinique Smith

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman Ashtray Maze is a great change up of pace… and kind of a training ground for the most effective way method to play the final segment of the game (all out attack and forward momentum)… great tune too. Enjoy it as once it’s over you’re left wishing it was a little longer.

Yeah still enjoying Ghost, it’s just so well crafted that as I’m riding from one conflict to the next I’m just continually amazed by the attention to detail. Combat is fun too… nowhere near souls combat (for people like us who enjoy it most) but definitely more fun than free-flow, even though it shares some similarities.

**** DLC!

Voltan

I finally fired up Star Wars Squadrons last night and it seems kinda simple after the prologue and 2 missions but I needed something a little less hardcore so it’s alright

Voltan

Th3solution

@Voltan The game seems well made and being a Star Wars fan I’m considering trying it one day. But I’m not much into flight battle games. It’s good to hear it’s fairly easy because I am no good at those. I always get my bearings mixed up in space.

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Voltan

@Th3solution Tbf I played a lot of the original TIE Fighter game in the 90s
This follows a similar concept

Voltan

sorteddan

@Th3solution
Oh yeah it definitely looks, feels and plays very much like the star wars you know and love.
@Voltan
I have only just begun campaign mode as well - then got side tracked and joined a friend in some multi player dogfight, they are quite fun.

Now I typically don't go for multiplayer shooty stuff but I can see the appeal of these, they are relatively short: 5 on 5 battles- first to 30 kills. And I am not particularly good at flight sim stuff either but would recommend you give it a go anyhow.

[Edited by sorteddan]

“We are what we pretend to be, so we must be careful about what we pretend to be.”

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution Also, with Dylan/ 'P6' it amused me when the characters were talking about how stable he was at that point in the game compared to how he'd been previously - what on earth was he like before?! 🤣

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman Yeah the dude is flat out creepy. Hard for me to relate to wanting to save him when he’s freaky like that 😅

“We cannot solve our problems with the same thinking we used when we created them.”

Th3solution

@Voltan it’s also ironic that I had recently (oh, 2-3 months ago) rewatched Shawshank Redemption, so I knew exactly the reference in the beginning.

Jimmer-jammer

@TheBrandedSwordsman as the others have mentioned, you’re making good progress! The ashtray maze took me by surprise and left quite the impression on me. Actually, the entire end of the game is just audio/visually striking. Glad you’re still enjoying it. I’m still chipping away at Returnal. It’s no joke. Been stuck on the boss of biome 3 for some time now but I know I can do it.

“Reason is the natural order of truth; but imagination is the organ of meaning.” C.S. Lewis

Gremio108

@Foxy-Goddess-Scotchy Equally late reply from me but good to hear all's well!

Salt and Sanctuary has truly got me gripped now. As is so often the case with these games, I was struggling to find the weapon that was right for me, but on Sunday afternoon everything clicked and I beat three bosses. Such a great game.

Good job, Parappa. You can go on to the next stage now.

PSN: Hallodandy

SoulChimera

Downloaded Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 as it’s on PS Now. Wow, this is a stinker. Only played a handful of the sports but that was enough. Very glad it came PS Now, I was close to buying it. Dodged a bullet.

Might play International Track and Field on the PlayStation 1 instead. 100 times better.

[Edited by SoulChimera]

SoulChimera

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Voltan It's certainly a weird, creepy and somewhat disturbing game at times. But thoroughly lovable, for all that. @Jimmer-jamer @colonelkilgore @Th3solution I just completed Finnish Tango, I have the cassette recorder and can now navigate my way through the Ashtray Maze at last, two missions to go before completing the game as you have mentioned colonel, the maze should be a good proving ground for completing the final mission of the game, and then it's onto Return of the Obra Dinn, a nice mystery game, that, sol and Jimmer, other Souls players have recommended as something to play until Elden Ring comes out - I've already discussed this with/mentioned this to the colonel.

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman well the last few missions after the Ashtray Maze are real fun so enjoy the next few hours.

TRotOD is quite a short game from what I gather though, so you might have to line a couple more games up in the mean time until January 21st.

**** DLC!

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@colonelkilgore Thanks, I will. Hmmm, yes, I see. Well, what would you recommend? I've already tried GoT and Doom, Is Watch Dogs quite accessible?

Th3solution

@TheBrandedSwordsman I look forward to your thoughts on the closing hours of Control. You’re making good progress.

As far as your next games after Obra Dinn, have you thought of going back to the Uncharted series? I think you enjoyed UC2 but if memory serves, you still have yet to play UC1 and UC3. I believe you did play UC4. There is also Lost Legacy if you’ve not experienced that yet.
You also have The Order 1886 you can try for an Uncharted style game if you are in the mood.

You don’t care for stealth gameplay, if I recall correctly, do you? Ever thought about trying Spider-Man? There’s a lot of flashy combat and exploration, with minimal stealth missions. Not sure how you feel about the comic / superhero properties.

colonelkilgore

@TheBrandedSwordsman hmm, you could always play one of the other Tomb Raider games as I remember you really enjoyed the one you played. uncharted 3 is always in your back pocket. Have you played the two Last of Us games?

**** DLC!

BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN

@Th3solution I think, since UC1 & UC3 don't seem to feature aim assist (except only slightly - no idea how I beat UC2) I will be focusing on Return of the Obra Dinn, The Sinking City and perhaps The Order:1886 for my next main games @colonelkilgore I have played the first Last of Us, found the scarcity of ammo rather off-putting, to you and sol I say I am not really a stealth guy outside of the Arkham trilogy, so, yeah those games and Spiderman are out for me, thanks, though ,sol and colonel!

N.B sol I beat the Lost Legacy, UC4 and UC2.

[Edited by BlAcK_Sw0rDsMaN]

Please login or sign up to reply to this topic